NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 3 – Motion in a Straight Line
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 3 thoroughly discuss the topic of Kinematics Motion in a Straight Line. In chapter 3, you will learn topics like Linear Motion, Path Length, Speed, Displacement, Velocity, Acceleration and other such essential topics which are considered to be the foundation of the physics subject.
The 28 questions in the NCERT Textbook, related to Chapter 3 Motion in a Straight Line, are answered in a comprehensive manner by our subject matter experts. These questions vary from True & False Statements, plotting Graphs, determining certain values to solving the numerical using equations given in this chapter.
Significantly designed to help you develop an overall understanding of Motion in a Straight Line, our NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 3 give you avenues to get conceptual clarity. The subject matter experts at Instasolv have come up with the befitting answers and solutions to some of the complex questions of Chapter 3 Physics to ensure that you get access to good quality answers.
Important Topics for NCERT Class 11 Physics Chapter 3
You have already studied the concept of motion in the earlier classes. But, in Chapter 3 of Class 11 Physics NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Book, you will gain a better understanding of topics like scalars, vectors, multiplication of vectors and real numbers, motion in a plane, relative velocity, projectile motion and uniform circular motion.
After a quick recap of the concept of Motion, this chapter introduces you to the concepts of Position, Path Length and Displacement. Then, it discusses Speed, Velocity and Acceleration and ultimately introduces you to the Kinematic Equations. They are all important for scoring well in your CBSE physics exam and therefore they must be studied thoroughly. All the topics discussed in this chapter are very much essential for building a good foundation in the physics subject.
A Look into the Important Concepts in Class 11 NCERT Physics Chapter 3
- Change in the position of the object in relation to time is motion. When an object moves along a straight line, it is known as the rectilinear motion.
- Distance between say point ‘a’ and point ‘b’ along a straight line is called path length or distance, and it is a scalar quantity.
- If in a particular time interval, the object’s position changes then that change is called displacement which is a vector quantity.
- Total distance travelled by an object divided by the time interval taken to travel that distance regardless of direction gives the average speed which is a scalar quantity.
- Displacement/position change divided by time interval gives us an average velocity which is a vector quantity.
- The velocity of the object in relation to another object which is either moving or is stationary is relative velocity.
- Rate of change in velocity with time is known as acceleration.
Equations of Motion to Remember from Class 11 NCERT Physics Chapter 3
Objects moving with a velocity of ‘u’ whose velocity changes to ‘v’ after some time ‘t’ and has a uniform acceleration of ‘a’ and distance travelled is ‘s’, then we get the following kinematic equations:
v= u + at
s= ut + 2at2
Many questions at the end of chapter 3 of the NCERT Physics Textbook deal with these equations. It is better that you keep them all in mind to understand the meaning behind them.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 3
- If you look at the 28 questions at the end of NCERT Class 11 Physics Chapter 3 – Motions in a Straight Line, you will find around 3 questions which help you practice how to plot a graph of motion related to given circumstances.
- There are ample of questions which help you determine the speed, distance and velocity of objects depending on different situations giving you the ultimate opportunity to use all the knowledge you have gained from this chapter.
- Along with that, there are questions which help you explain theoretical concepts by understanding the given circumstances of motion and even provide examples of motions to ensure your conceptual knowledge remains intact.
Tips to Prepare NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 3
NCERT Class 11 Physics Chapter 3 has a lot of concepts and equations so there is a possibility that you get confused if you don’t have proper guidance and preparation. Our NCERT solutions for the chapter will help you enhance your understanding of the chapter. All our solutions are 100% accurate and are as per CBSE syllabus. All the numerical-type questions are solved stepwise so that you can understand the methodology clearly.