NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications have been carefully prepared by highly experienced biology teachers in an easy to understand and step by step manner. They cover all corners of the chapter with relevant examples and detailed explanations wherever necessary. Some of the essential topics covered in this chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology include the meaning of biotechnology, applications of biotechnology in agriculture, applications of biotechnology in the field of medicine, applications of biotechnology in aquaculture, use of biotechnology in creating transgenic animals, and production of antibiotics.
The exercise of the chapter comprises 10 all-inclusive questions. This chapter also consists of 8 additional intext questions to help you get a more in-depth understanding of the chapter. They cover all possible question types. Our NCERT Solutions answers all exercise questions and all intext questions with detailed explanations. They are well-structured, easy to understand, and precise solutions. They improve your retention rate, your overall speed and efficiency. They give you the confidence to tackle any kind of question in your board exam and keep all your board exam related anxieties, and fears away. They not only help you score excellently in your board exams but also give you an in-depth insight into the subject altogether.
Introduction to NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 12
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications explicitly elaborate about various biotechnology applications. Some of the topics covered in our comprehensive NCERT Solutions have been given below.
- Introduction to biotechnology
Under this section of NCERT CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 12, you will get to learn about the meaning, applications and scope of biotechnology and how it is used in the development of new products for mankind.
- Applications of biotechnology
In this topic of CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 12, you will study the different applications of biotechnology for the production of useful products. This section elaborates on the mixed-use of biotechnology for the production of agriculture products, medicines, development of transgenic animals and much more. This section also tells you that biotechnology also finds use in aquaculture.
- Application of biotechnology in agriculture
This section of this chapter discusses in details about the various applications of biotechnology in the field of agriculture. It is also termed as green biotechnology. Here you will learn about organic agriculture, genetically engineered crop-based agriculture and agro chemical-based agriculture.
This section further tells you that over the years, the application of biotechnology has significantly increased the yield and supported the food supply chain. Biotechnology has created pest-resistant plants and genetically modified crops to make food production sustainable and adequate for the growing population.
- Applications of biotechnology in medicine
In this section of CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Book, will get to know about different applications of biotechnology in the field of medicine. Advancements in biotechnology have given birth to recombinant DNA technology which is responsible for mass-scale production of therapeutic drugs. Genetic engineering is used to produce humulin for treating diabetes.
This section will also tell you about how biotechnology has developed gene therapy. The gene therapy is used to remove genetic disorders in the embryo. Other applications of biotechnology in the field of medicine include PCR and ELISA.
- Transgenic animals
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 12-Biotechnology and its Applications include a detailed discussion about transgenic animals and how biotechnological advancement has helped in the creation of genetically engineered genomes. From this chapter, you will get the idea about how transgenic animals are used for the production of biological products, analysis of various types of diseases, the study of genes in the development of the disease, testing the safety of vaccines and toxicity of drugs, the study of gene regulation and how it influences the normal functioning of the body.
- Application of biotechnology in aquaculture
In this chapter, you will get to know the applications of biotechnology in improving the quantity and quality of cultured fish. Fishes are injected with gonadotropin-releasing hormones to increase breeding capabilities.
- Production of antibiotics
It is a significant section of this module where you learn about different methods of production of antibiotics, artificial hormones and vaccines using naturally available components. Plants are injected with engineering jeans with desired characteristics for the production of encoded proteins. Biotechnology has also helped in the production of edible vaccines that are relatively cheaper.
CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 Exercise
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 12th Biology Biotechnology and Its Applications consists of answers to all 10 questions covered in the exercise given at the end of this chapter. They cover all the important concepts learnt in the chapter. The exercise has been discussed below.
- Question 1 is an objective type question that discusses the bt toxin.
- Question 2 is a descriptive question that tests your knowledge about the transgenic bacteria.
- Question 3 is a question that asks about the advantages and disadvantages of genetically modified crops.
- Question 4 is a descriptive question that is based on cry proteins description.
- Question 5 tests your knowledge about genes and examples of genes.
- Question 6 asks you to give a diagrammatic representation of the human gene and cloning.
- Question 7 discusses a method that is used for removing hydrocarbons.
- Question 8 is a research-based question, and you need to find a solution by doing research.
- Question 9 is a short answer question that tests your knowledge on a significant topic.
- Question 10 is another research-based question that asks you questions about proteins.
This chapter also has 8 in-text questions that cover almost all the important topics covered in this chapter. Our NCERT solutions for class 12 Biology chapter 4-Biotechnologies and Its Applications answers all the questions in details.
Benefits of NCERT CBSE class 12 biology chapter 4 Solutions
Some of the benefits of studying from our NCERT Solutions for Chapter 12-Biotechnology and its Applications are as follows.
- All the questions are comprehensively answered. All the solutions are concise and crisp.
- They cover a wide range of topics that will help you prepare well for various competitive exams and Class 12 board exams.
- Our NCERT Solutions contain detailed explanations about the topic and relevant examples.
- They are easy to understand and fully accurate.
- They help you learn and revise quickly and efficiently during your board exams.
- Our NCERT Solutions have been methodically drafted by our highly qualified Biology teachers on the basis of the latest CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus.
- They make learning a more natural, enjoyable, stimulating and happy process