NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 13 – Organisms and Populations
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 13-Organisms and Populations throws light upon various topics such as the meaning of organisms, organisms and environment, the meaning of population, population attributes, population growth, models of population growth, and population interactions. It elaborates about two population growth models –the logistic growth model and the exponential growth model. Our NCERT Solutions cover all the essential topics of this chapter in detail.
In NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 13, you will find a total of 17 questions. Our NCERT Solutions answer all these questions in a detailed and a step by step manner to facilitate fast and effective learning. The exercise covers various types of questions that are important from the exam point of views such as direct questions, application-based questions, differential questions, MCQs, short note questions and descriptive questions. These questions not only help you become thorough with the chapter but also develop a sharp insight into the subject.
Our NCERT solutions have been designed to ensure faster exam preparation and instant doubt clearance. They have been logically structured to ensure you remember more and score high marks in your board exams. Our NCERT Solutions make the learning process more fun, stimulating and a happy process. They are easy to understand and help you learn anywhere and anytime.
Introduction to NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 13
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 13- Organisms and Population covers all topics and sub-topics of the chapter. Some of them have been discussed below.
- Meaning of ecology
In CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 13, you will study that ecology is a branch of biology that primarily deals with the study of the interaction between organisms and their environment. This section tells you about the four levels of biological organisation, namely organisms, populations, communities and biomes.
In NCERT CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 13, you get a detailed idea about organisms and their corresponding environment. It tells you the meaning of an organism. You will learn how every organism adapts to a specific environment, and you will also learn about its behaviour and structure. In this chapter, microorganisms like bacteria, fungi, plant animals have been discussed.
- Organisms and environment
In our NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 13-Organisms and Populations, you get to learn about the ability of different organisms to adapt to different environmental conditions and their genetic variations. They give you a detailed explanation of how organisms have survived in the different ecological conditions around the globe. In this section, you will come across the characteristics of different organisms that help them survive in their native surroundings. It talks about how aquatic animals can survive in water and animals like polar bears can survive extreme colds.
It is an essential topic of this module in which you will learn about the definition of population and its attributes. You will study the meaning of population growth and how it is affected by factors like weather, predator pressure, food availability, etc. In Class 12 Biology Organisms and Populations, you will study essential terminologies like mortality, natality, immigration, and immigration.
- Population growth models
Under this topic, you will come across the two different population growth models, logistic growth model and exponential growth model. This chapter will help you in developing a clear understanding of the two growth models and their attributes.
- Population interactions
This section of the CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology book will help you to study the interaction between different populations. Our chapter 13 notes cover different models of population interaction, like predation, competition, parasitism, commensalism, and mutualism.
NCERT CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 Exercise
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 13-Organisms and Populations answer all 17 questions of the exercise given at the end of the chapter. They help you in understanding the organisms and their living habitats, evolution of organisms to survive in the changing environment, population growth models, and population interaction in a comprehensive manner.
- Question 1 and 9 are differential questions about diapause and hibernation, hibernation and aestivation, and ectotherms and endotherms.
- Question 2 discusses the survival of marine fish in freshwater.
- Question 3 needs you to cite how the microbes survive in more than 100 degrees C.
- Question 4 deals with the attributes of a population.
- Question 5 needs you to calculate the exponential growth of population.
- Question 4 deals with the attributes that populations possess.
- Question 6 is a direct question that deals with the topic defence mechanism in plants against herbivory.
- Question 7 is an application-based question
- Question 8 asks you about the ecological principle behind the biological control method of managing with pest insects. This is a knowledge-based question.
- In question 10, you have to write short notes on given topics. It is a direct question.
- Question 11 asks you to state the characteristics of the abiotic environment. This is also a direct question.
- Question 12 asks for examples of endothermic, ectothermic animals and benthic zone organisms
- Question 13 and 14 needs you to define with examples the population and community, Commensalism, Parasitism, Camouflage, Mutualism, Interspecific competition
- Question 15 needs you to describe the logistic population growth curve diagrammatically. It is a diagrammatic question.
- Question 16 is a multiple-choice question.
- Question17 needs you to explain the population with 3 best examples.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12th Biology Chapter 13- Organisms and Population – Benefits
NCERT Solutions for Chapter 13 – Organisms and Populations by Instasolv have some key advantages, they have been mentioned below.
- It is laid out in a logical format and is written in straightforward language to facilitate easy understanding.
- The detailed explanation of the different processes and terminologies will help you in remembering the concepts.
- They help you develop a solid conceptual foundation and perform well in various competitive exams such as NEET JEE Main.
- Our NCERT Solutions have been drafted as per the latest CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus
- They are a hundred percent accurate, crisp and concise.