NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 16 – Environmental Issues
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 16-Environmental Issues elaborates about topics such as what are environmental issues, various types of environmental issues like pollution, global warming, solid waste and deforestation. It also throws light on various other important issues like loss of biodiversity, increased carbon footprint, and ozone layer footprints.
In this chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology, we will study about various measures that can be taken to deal with these environmental issues such as conservation of water and electricity and reduction in the use of plastics. Our NCERT Solutions explain all concepts of the chapter with detailed explanations.
The exercise of this chapter comprises 11 questions. They comprehensively and strategically cover all concepts taught in the chapter. Our Well-structured NCERT Solutions answer all questions of the exercise in detail. They are drafted in a simple language and follow a logical flow. This facilitates quick, easy and effective learning and revision sessions. They cover all possible questions and question types important from the Class 12 board exam. They help you improve your retention rate and score high marks in your board exams. Our NCERT Solutions are also the best study material if you want to efficiently study for various competitive exams.
CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 16: Important Topics
This chapter focuses on various environmental issues that are impacting the earth’s natural environment in a detrimental way. Some of the important concepts covered in this chapter have been discussed below.
- What are Environmental issues?
This part of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 16 – Environmental Issues, discusses the issues which are faced by the environment due to the harmful activities performed by humans. Here you will also understand how severely the natural balance in the environment is being impacted due to unfavourable changes.
Types of Environmental issues
In this part of NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 16, you will come across various types of environmental issues. Some of them have been cited below.
Here, you will understand about different types of pollution like air pollution, water pollution, noise pollution, radioactive pollution and soil pollution. Here you will also learn about the meaning of pollution and pollutants.
- Global Warming
This section explains to you why global warming is gradually increasing the earth’s temperature. Increases in greenhouse gases are also responsible for an increase in temperature. It tells you that global warming is one of the most serious environmental issues, which is caused by human and natural influences. Here you will also read about the main causes of global warming such as factory farming, emissions from vehicles, deforestation and industrialisation.
- Solid Waste
This part of NCERT Solutions for Class 12th Biology Chapter 16 – Environmental Issues, discusses the solid waste which comes from offices, homes, hospitals and schools. All these wastes are collected and dumped in one large area, which is called sanitary landfills. The collected waste consists of plastics, metals, papers, glass, leather, etc.
- Depletion of Natural Resources
Here, you will learn how natural resources are getting depleted. You will get to know that too much consumption of fossil fuels will result in the emission of greenhouse gases which will change the climatic conditions of the globe.
- Global Warming
This part of CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 16 explains to you how the destruction of forests is resulting in global warming. Deforestation is also causing problems such as soil erosion and extinction of biodiversity.
- Solutions to Environmental Issues
Here, you will be taught about the solutions through which we can overcome environmental issues. Below mentioned are some such solutions,
- Conservation of water and electricity
- Recycling of waste materials.
- Plastics to be avoided
- Instead of disposable items, use reusable items.
- Minimal usage of vehicles.
In the later part of Class 12 Biology Environmental Issues, you will come across concepts such as loss of biodiversity, ozone layer depletion, the effect on marine life, increased carbon footprint, public health issues, and eutrophication and biological magnification.
NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 16 Exercise Questions
There are around 11 questions in the exercise asked at the end of the chapter. Our NCERT Solutions for Chapter 16-Environmental Issues answer all questions in a step by step manner. The components of the exercise have been discussed below.
- Question 1 is a direct short answer question, in which you have to write about various constituents of domestic sewage and also about the sewage discharge effect of the river.
- Question 2 is an application-based question. It needs you to list the waste materials that are generated in various places in our society. It also asks you to explain if this could be reduced or not.
- In question 3, you have to write about global warming and its causes in detail. It is a direct short answer question.
- Question 4 is a match to the following question. Here you have to match the columns A with columns B.
- Question 5 is based on eutrophication, biological magnification and groundwater depletion and different ways for its replenishment. It is a direct question where you have to explain each point in detail.
- Question 6 is based on the depletion of the ozone layer and the effect of UV radiations. It is a short answer question.
- Question 7 is based on the women’s role and the role of communities in the protection and conservation of forest. Here, you will have to discuss the various movements and how they were useful for our current society.
- Question 8 and question 10 are about the measures taken to reduce environmental pollution and air pollution. It is a direct short answer question.
- Question 9 is based on various types of waste products, and question 11 is all about the greenhouse effect, catalytic converter and ultraviolet B. They are all direct questions.
Benefits of NCERT CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 16
If you choose to learn from our all-inclusive NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 16 – Environmental Issues, you can leverage the benefits associated with them. Some of them have been mentioned below.
- All the solutions to the questions are prepared in a simple and lucid language. They are a hundred percent accurate.
- Our Science experts have followed the NCERT and CBSE guidelines strictly while preparing the solutions.
- Our smart learning techniques and shortcuts methods will help you grasp the concepts quickly and remember them for long
- Our efficient learning methodologies make studying simpler, quicker and more effective.
- Our NCERT Solutions have been drafted in a manner to make learning more interesting, fun, and interactive.
- They have been designed and developed in a manner to help you clear all your doubts instantly.