NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 2 – Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 2- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants provide you with essential support to perform well in the CBSE Class 12 board exams with confidence. Our NCERT Solutions cover every topic related to sexual reproduction in plants thoroughly. Some of the significant topics covered in this chapter are Pre-fertilization: events and structures, several stages of sexual reproduction in plants, pollination, the formation of a zygote, and the formation of fruits and seeds. Our NCERT Solutions cover all topics and subtopics of CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 2 in detail. It contains relevant examples, detailed illustrative diagrams wherever necessary.
Our solutions for sexual reproduction in flowering plants cover all the 18 questions asked in the exercises in Chapter 2 of the Class 12 biology textbook. Our eminent biology professors and teachers have prepared these solutions in an easy to understand manner. The solutions follow the exact CBSE and NCERT guidelines.
Our NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 2 solutions help you to understand all the concepts quickly and effectively. They help you prepare for the board exam efficiently. Our solutions assist you in a thorough understanding of the topics covered in this chapter. In addition, our smart and systematic solutions also help you prepare for various competitive exams.
Learning and revising from our NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 2- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants will help you obtain a high score in your Class 12 board exams. They have been drafted in a manner to induce fast, effective, and efficient learning. They have been designed to make learning a more interesting, enjoyable and a happy process.
Introduction to NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter – Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
NCERT Solutions for Chapter 2- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants elaborates on various significant topics associated. Several topics covered in this chapter are listed below.
- Pre-fertilization: Structure and events
Here you gain knowledge of the female and male reproductive structures. Here you get to know the important sexual components in plants that help in fertilization. Concepts covered here are the reproductive parts of plants such as stamens, microsporangium, and pollen grains. Here you will understand about pistil, embryo sac, and megasporangium.
- Stages of Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
This topic discusses several stages of sexual reproduction. You get to know about the processes like pollination and the different kinds of pollination. Here you will also understand how the zygote is formed after pollination. This chapter teaches you about the formation of the seeds and the fruits.
This topic of Class 12 Biology Chapter 2 teaches you about pollination and how it takes place. Here you will learn the different types of pollination such as autogamy, geitonogamy and xenogamy.
- Formation of the zygote
This section of CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 2 describes how after pollination takes place, the formation of the zygote occurs. Zygote formation is the most important topic in Class 12 of biology syllabus. It discusses how the female gamete fuses with the male gamete to form a zygote.
- Formation of Fruits and Seeds
After the zygote is formed, the growth of seeds and fruits takes place. This topic of CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 2 teaches you how the fruits and seeds are formed. The ultimate product formed after sexual reproduction is the seeds found in the angiosperm. In the later sections, you learn about seed formation, dispersal of seeds to new habitats and self-nourishment of seedlings. Also, you will learn about new genetic combinations and how seeds can be stored in a safe place.
NCERT CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 2 Exercises
NCERT Solutions for Chapter 2- Sexual reproduction in flowering plants contains 18 questions of both long answer type and short answer questions. The nature of the questions have been listed as follows:
- Question 1 deals with the parts of the flower in which gametophyte development tales place.
- Question2 contains a comparative study of microsporogenesis and megasporogenesis.
- Question 3 discusses the development stages of male gametes.
- Question 4 teaches you the parts of a typical angiosperm ovule.
- Question 5 deals with a female gametophyte and its monospermic development.
- Question 6 reflects the structure of a female gametophyte.
- Question 7 deals with the open and closed flowers – chasmogamous and cleistogamous types.
- Question 8 throws light on the destructive self-pollination and how flowers avoid it.
- Question 9 deals with the self-incompatibility of the flower when its own pollen will not germinate in the stigma of its own flower.
- Question 10 discusses bagging in the context of breeding.
- Question 11 deals with double fertilization and triple fusion in flowering plants.
- Question 12 covers the dormancy of the zygote in the fertilized ovule.
- Question 13 covers some very important concepts of hypocotyl and epicotyl, coleoptile and coleorhiza, etc.
- Question 14 deals with apples and why they are not technically termed fruits.
- Question 15 is about emasculation to prevent self-pollination and how the desired pollination is achieved.
- Question 16 explains parthenocarpic fruits that contain no seeds.
- Question 17 throws light on the role of tapetum in the formation of the pollen grain wall.
- Question 18 is about asexual reproduction called apomixis, where seeds may be produced without fertilization.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 2- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Some important benefits of using CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 2- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants for board exam preparation are indicated below:
- Our NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology keep all your concepts clear and help you build a solid conceptual foundation.
- They help you gain an in-depth understanding of all topics covered in the chapter.
- Our NCERT solutions are framed by subject experts, the answers in our solutions are accurate and facilitate quick understanding.
- Learning becomes an enjoyable and positive process if you decide to learn from our smart and strategic solutions.
- Our NCERT Solutions also help you simultaneously prepare for various competitive exams.