NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 6 – Molecular Basis of Inheritance
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 6 – Molecular Basis of Inheritance assists you in understanding various complex concepts better and becoming thorough with the chapter. This chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology lets you gain an accurate understanding of the molecular basis of Inheritance. Various essential topics covered here are DNA, DNA structure, Search for Genetic Material, DNA & RNA, mRNA, rRNA, tRNA, DNA helix, DNA replication, DNA translation, DNA transcription, genetic code, genetic mutations, regulation of gene expression, Human Genome Project, and DNA fingerprinting.
Our smart and strategic NCERT Solutions contain step by step answers to each question asked in exercise given at the end of NCERT CBSE Class 12 Biology Book. There are 14 questions altogether. These questions cover all question types important from the board exam point of view. They not only help you become thorough with the chapter but also strengthen your conceptual foundation. Our biology experts and teachers have drafted these solutions accurately and an easy to understand language. They are to the point solutions that facilitate quick and effective learning.
Our NCERT solutions follow CBSE and NCERT guidelines. They are designed in such a manner that if you read this solution along with your textbook, you will be able to get good marks in all your exams. They give you the advantage of learning from anywhere and anytime.
CBSE NCERT Class 12 Chapter 6 Molecular Basis of Inheritance
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 6 – Molecular basis of Inheritance elaborates about all the essential topics of chapter 6 in an interactive way. Many topics are demonstrated with the help of illustrated and detailed diagrams. Various topics covered in this chapter are stated below.
Class 12 Biology Molecular basis of Inheritance discusses the formal definition of the DNA or Deoxyribonucleic Acid. It discusses how DNA carries all genetic information in all living beings. Here you will get to know about the basic structure of the DNA. Also, in this section, you will learn about the experiment that discovered the structure of DNA. This section contains an illustrated diagram of a DNA structure that will help you learn more effectively.
Another topic covered in NCERT CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 6 is genes. It introduces you to RNA or ribonucleic acid. It elaborates about mRNA, tRNA, and rRNA. Here you will also learn about DNA helix. It also explains in detail about DNA Replication, DNA fingerprinting and DNA Transcription. In this section, many concepts are also described with illustrative diagrams to help you learn more quickly and efficiently.
- Genetic code
Another topic covered in CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 6 is the genetic code. This chapter vividly elaborates about the regulation of gene expression, genetic mutations, and translation.
NCERT CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 6 Exercise
NCERT Solutions for Chapter 6 – Molecular Basis of Inheritance includes answers of all 14 questions given at the end of the chapter. These questions are of various types such as short answer questions, descriptive questions and long answer questions. These questions cover all the topics of this chapter. The questions have been discussed below.
- Question 1 covers nitrogenous bases and nucleosides.
- Question 2 includes the calculation of adenine percentage in DNA.
- Question 3 teaches how to write the DNA sequences if one strand of DNA sequences is given.
- Question 4 asks you to write an mRNA sequence if a coding strand is given of a transcription unit.
- Question 5 deals with the property of DNA double helix that led Watson and Crick to hypothesise the semi-conservative mode of DNA replication.
- Question 5 deals with the different types of nucleic acid polymerases.
- Question 7 covers DNA and protein in the experiment to prove that DNA is the genetic material.
- Question 8 asks you to write the differences between Repetitive DNA and Satellite DNA, mRNA and tRNA, Template strand and coding strand. It is a differential question.
- Question 9 asks you to write two essential roles of the ribosome during translation.
- Question10 covers an experiment in the presence of E.coli.
- Question 11 deals with Promoter, tRNA, and Exons.
- Question 12 asks you why the human genome project is called a mega project.
- Question13 discusses DNA fingerprinting and its application.
- Question14 needs you to briefly describe Transcription, Polymorphism, Translation, and Bioinformatics
Benefits of CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 6
There are many important benefits of studying and revising from NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 6- Molecular Basis of Inheritance. They have been sighted below.
- They have been drafted as per the latest CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus.
- They cover all concepts in detail. They contain relevant examples, detailed explanations, and illustrative diagrams to help you learn fast, and effectively.
- They help you become thorough with all topics and sub-topics of the chapter.
- Our NCERT Solutions help you in quick revision during your board exams and score high marks.
- They make learning a fun, interesting, engaging, interactive, and efficient process.
- Our solution helps you to score well in any CBSE board exam and various competitive exams such as NEET and JEE.