NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 8 – Human Health and Disease
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 8-Human Health and Disease covers all concepts given in CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus. This Chapter of NCERT Solutions throws light upon some of the important topics like diseases and its causes, types of diseases and some common diseases. Also, it teaches you about health and various aspects related to health, such as the meaning of health and its importance. Along with this, you will study about immunity and its various types like active and passive immunity. This chapter also elaborates about a dangerous disease- AIDS.
Our NCERT Solutions help you to understand all the topics in detail. It also helps you become thorough with all the topics covered in the chapter. The exercise at the end of NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 1 consists of a total of 17 questions. All questions are based on different topics like immunity and its type, cancer, its treatment, causes, and symptoms. It also covers topics like available treatment for Influenza. Some of the questions are drafted from diseases and their various aspects, such as their types and factors. Our NCERT Solutions answer all these questions precisely and accurately.
With the help of our NCERT Solutions for ‘Human Health and Disease’, you can perform exceptionally well in your board exams. We have designed our Class 12 Biology NCERT Solutions in a simple language as per the latest CBSE syllabus. You can learn from our NCERT Solutions anywhere and anytime at your convenience. Solutions are absolutely easy to understand. They help you learn faster and better. These solutions are just what you need for quick, effective, and efficient learning and revision for your board exams.
NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 8
NCERT Solutions for Class 12th Biology Chapter 1-Human Health and Disease explain all important topics of this chapter. These topics help you build a strong conceptual foundation and help you in scoring well in your board exams. Some of the topics of this chapter have been discussed below.
In the section of CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Book, you will learn about the meaning and importance of health. It will also tell you about diseases and infections such as Infectious diseases and Non-infectious diseases. This chapter elaborates on some common diseases like Typhoid, Pneumonia, Rhinovirus, Plasmodium, Ascaris, Wuchererta. Moreover, it also talks about immunity and AIDS.
This section of this CBSE NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 8 tells you about the fact that a disease is an abnormal condition affecting a healthy living organism. It has been mainly divided into two types, namely, infectious and non-infectious. This section also elaborates about how diseases can spread from one person to another. Here you will also understand how to protect yourself from these diseases.
- Infectious diseases
Here, you will know in brief about infectious diseases mainly caused by the pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, and how they can be easily transmitted from one person to another. Some examples of infectious diseases are the common cold, flu, malaria, and tuberculosis.
- Non-infectious diseases
This portion of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 8- Human Health and Diseases will brief you about Non-infectious diseases that cannot be transmitted from one person to another, also known as a non-communicable disease. These are the diseases that are caused by genetic disorders, unhealthy diets, lack of physical activity, excessive use of tobacco, drugs or alcohol, and few environmental factors. Some examples of non-infectious diseases are diabetes, blood pressure, and autism.
This part of the NCERT CBSE Class 12 Science Chapter 8 talks about immunity, which is the ability of the body to protect, defend, and fight against invading pathogens like bacteria, viruses, and other foreign bodies and toxic substances. It has been categorized into two types, namely as innate immunity and acquired immunity. This chapter will help you learn in detail about both these types. Here you will also learn about the meaning of active and passive immunity.
In this section of NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 8, you will learn about AIDS that is Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome. You will also learn how AIDS is caused by HIV, how it transmits, and what are the precautions to be taken.
NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 8- Human Health and Disease Exercise
NCERT Solutions for Chapter – ‘Human Health and Disease’ consist of a total of 17 questions in the exercise. They all are answered accurately and in detail.
- Questions 1 and 2 of the chapter cover the topic of infectious diseases. They both are direct and long types of questions. They also question you about the safety guards against infectious diseases.
- Question 3 covers the topic of transmission diseases.
- Question 4 is a short answer question type which asks you regarding prevention of water-borne diseases.
- Question 5 is an objective type question in which you have to tell about a suitable gene in the context of DNA Vaccines.
- Questions 6, 8 and 12 are differential questions. Question 6 covers primary and secondary lymphoid organs.
- Question 8 is a long answer type. It covers innate, acquired, active and passive immunity.
- Question 12 asks you the difference between a cancerous cell and a normal cell.
- Question 7 is an objective type question in which full-forms have been asked.
- Question 9 is a diagrammatic question of an antibody molecule.
- Questions 10 and 11 cover the topic transmission of immune deficiency virus and mechanism of AIDS.
- Questions 13 and 14 is a long type answer in which you have to explain about metastasis and harmful effects caused by alcohol.
- Questions 15, 16, and 17 are application-based questions based on the topic excess consumption of alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class -12 Biology Chapter 8- Human Health and Disease Exercise
There are many benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 8- Human Health and Disease.
- Our smart techniques used in designing NCERT Solutions enable you to learn quickly and score high marks in your board exams.
- Our expert team has furnished these Solutions based on updated CBSE syllabus and the latest NCERT textbook.
- The main aim of preparing these Solutions is to provide accurate and comprehensive knowledge to you about all the topics of the chapter so you can learn them very quickly, efficiently and remember better.
- They make your learning process natural, enjoyable, stimulating, and happy.
- Our NCERT Solutions cover all significant topics of the chapter through a wide range of question types important from exam point of view.
- These Solutions provide you with smart learning techniques and shortcuts to learn important topics in a short time.