NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English Vistas Chapter 3 – Journey to the end of the Earth
NCERT Solutions Class 12 English Vistas Chapter 3 ‘Journey To The End Of The Earth’ will help you learn why there is a big need to save this planet. First of all, do you even know why we need to save this planet and from whom? Well, you will understand everything after reading NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English book Vistas Chapter 3 summary given below. It is a story of a girl who is explaining his visit to Antarctica through a student’s program and how she could realize that the activities of mankind are hurting nature.
Class 12 English Vistas Chapter 1 has 4 questions, all of which will test your interpretation skills. At Instasolv, you will not only find answers to these four questions but also a brief of the Chapter that will help you in revision. So starting with the Journey To The End Of The Earth summary, let us see what is being asked in its NCERT exercises and then, you can use NCERT Solutions to formulate your own answers. We have created detailed answers for your assistance for this Chapter.
Journey To The End Of The Earth Summary: Class 12 English Vistas
The summary of Journey To The End Of The Earth begins with the background story of how Antarctica and India were part of the same landmass. Then, the CBSE Vistas English book Chapter 3 is divided into four sections.
Part 1: Antarctica’s Existence
Here, the author explains how Antarctica was formed. The author also explains the present living conditions there. Antarctica’s environment was described as devoid of any human population. There were no trees, no buildings, just white ice, blue whales, seals, and gigantic icebergs.
Part 2: The Human Impact
In this part of the Chapter, the author explains how human beings are affecting nature. The global temperature is rising sharply which is leading to the melting of icebergs in Antarctica. Fossil fuels are also on the verge of depletion. In this part, the author also explains how important Antarctica is for us, as we can see the effects of our carelessness towards nature straightforwardly at Antarctica. The author also tells how she reached Antarctica through a student’s programmer called ‘Students on Ice’. This is a very special programmer as it allows students to experience the changes in nature here at Antarctica. Hence, they can realize and help in saving the earth.
Part 3: Walk on the Ocean
In the last section of the Chapter, the author remembers her days in Antarctica. How they were standing on an ice-berg of height one meter with 180 meters of the ocean beneath the ice-berg. How the seals were moving around and there was nothing but white snow all around. She wondered what of this all melts, would humans be there to experience how all melted Antarctica looks.
Moral of NCERT Class 12 English Vistas Chapter 3: Journey To The End Of The Earth
NCERT Class 12 English core Chapter 3 very beautifully gives a powerful message of saving the planet before it is too late. It brings awareness about the present situation of earth, the depleting resources, global warming and the melting of ice caps. It also explains how important Antarctica is for the planet as it easily reflects every small change that happens with the earth’s environment.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Solutions Class 12 English Vistas Chapter 3: Journey To The End Of The Earth
- All four questions of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English Vistas book Chapter 3 are very important from the exam perspective. If you prepare these solutions, you will surely be able to get good marks in CBSE exams.
- The first question of Vistas Chapter 3 is about the importance of Antarctica. You need to explain why we should have to study the place in order to learn about the earth.
- The second question asks you to say why students are included in the ‘Students on Ice’ project. Why not scientists or any other adults?
- In the third question, you have to explain the concept of Phytoplankton and how their existence affected Antarctica.
- In the last question, you have to explain the importance of Antarctica, how it is the oldest place on earth, how it reflects every small change on earth and its important carbon records.
Study Tips for NCERT Solutions Class 12 English Vistas Chapter 3: Journey To The End Of The Earth
- The author of CBSE Class 12 English book Vistas Chapter 3: Journey To The End Of The Earth, Tishani Doshi, has very well explained the concept of Phytoplankton in Antarctica. These single-celled plants assimilate carbon dioxide and organic compounds that are important for photosynthesis.
- The ozone layer depletion is affecting their presence in Antarctica and hence the carbon cycle and other living creatures there can also get affected. This means if we are able to take care of this single-celled plant, we would automatically take care of the whole planet’s environment.
- You can use this example anywhere in your NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English Vistas Chapter 3 or in your CBSE exams as well. Rest, the importance of Antarctica is also a very crucial topic related to this Chapter that can be asked in exams.
- You must take a look at Journey To The End Of The Earth summary and the NCERT Solutions to understand and answer all the questions related to the Chapter easily. We have included details and easy to understand language so that you can easily reframe the solutions in your own words.
- We have also ensured that you get 100% accurate solutions for English Vistas Chapter 3 as it is a tricky Chapter. You might not be able to interpret the meaning of the author’s words in one reading. Our subject matter experts have therefore created correct and straightforward chapter summary for you.