NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 1 – Electric Charges and Fields
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 1 Electric Charges and fields have been formulated to ensure that you are well prepared for your CBSE Class 12 Board exams. NCERT Solutions consist of all the major concepts that have been dealt with in the chapter. The questions revolve around the fundamentals of conductors, insulators, electric field, electric flux etc. This chapter will also introduce you to various mathematical formulas along with the theories.
The chapter consists of 1 exercise and 33 questions, which are of diverse kinds. These questions include short answer type, theory-based questions, reasoning questions and a good number of numerical based questions. The chapter also has various diagram related questions, observation and analysis based problems.
The Electric Charges and fields will provide you with a simplified way of learning. The exercises cover all the nooks and corners of the chapter and ensure that you develop a firm command on the basics of the chapter through thorough practice. Instasolv’s NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 1 – Electric charges and fields, have been carefully organized by a team of experienced individuals who understand your learning requirements. We aim at providing a stress-free and productive experience which will enable you to perform better and score well in your exams.
Important Topics covered in NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 1 Electric Charges and fields
The chapter talks about the accumulation of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 1 which occurs due to the rubbing of insulating bodies. This charge is known as an electric charge and was first discovered in the 600 BC. When a body acquires charge due to rubbing, it is said to be electrified. The chapter talks about the accumulation of charges which occurs due to the rubbing of insulating bodies. This charge is known as an electric charge and was first discovered in the 600 BC. When a body acquires charge due to rubbing, it is said to be electrified. In the case of two electrified objects, the like charges repel each other whereas the unlike charges attract each other. Polarity is the property by which we are able to differentiate between the two types of charges.
Conductors, Insulators and Semiconductors
The substances which allow electricity to pass through them are known as insulators and those which do not allow electricity to pass through them are known as insulators. This chapter will help you understand the flow of charges which is responsible for the substance to function as an insulator or a conductor. There is another category of substances, with respect to the flow of charges and passage of electricity; these are known as semiconductors. They lie between the conductors and the semiconductors, in terms of the flow of charge and electricity.
Quantization of Charge
This chapter will introduce you to the concept of quantization of charges. The charge q on a body is denoted as q = ne. here n is supposed to be any integer and e denotes the charge it carries. Here you will be introduced to the fact that the electric charge is always an integral multiple of e and is known to be the quantization of charge.
You will learn about electric dipoles in the chapter. A pair of equal and opposite point charges q and –q, which are separated by a distance of 2a is known as an electric dipole. The direction between –q and q is known to be the direction of the dipole and the central point between these two is known as the centre of the dipole.
Exercise Wise Discussion of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chapter 1 Electric Charges and fields
- The entire chapter contains one exercise and thirty-three questions in total. All of these questions aim at testing your observational and analytical skills. They revolve around the major concepts and the fundamentals that have been tackled in the chapter.
- The exercises, in the beginning, tackle simple questions which are numerical questions. The first question 1.1 demands the use of the electrostatic relation and its mathematical formula. Similar questions are discussed in further exercises 1.2, 1.3 etc. They all discuss electrostatic force, charge ratios and their signs. These questions will test your application skills. All the formulas used have been introduced in the chapter along with their theories and proper explanations.
- There are exercises which require a theoretical and conceptual approach. For example, question 1.4 demands a theoretical explanation of electric charges and quantization. There are situational questions which require you to apply reasoning and logic in order to derive the solutions. For example question 1.16 where you need to find the net flux of the uniform electric field based on the given conditions and scenarios.
- The chapter also includes diagram based questions, like question 1.14 where the figure represents the direction and density of charges, based on which you will have to determine the mass ratio and intensity of the charges. Question 1.24 is also a diagrammatic question where two plates are drawn parallel to each other and their charge densities have been given, based on the description given in the question, you are required to derive the electric field between the plates, in the outer region of the first place and in the outer region of the second plate.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 1 Electric Charges and fields
- The expert team at Instasolv has formulated all the solutions in an absolutely simple and student-friendly language. We ensure that you develop a firm understanding of the chapter and all its core concepts.
- Each and every question has been tackled by our team with step by step answers and a well-furnished explanation.
- All the answers are in accordance to the latest CBSE syllabus
The NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 1 Electric Charges and fields is free of cost.