NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 14 – Semiconductor Electronic: Material, Devices And Simple Circuits
The NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 14 – Semiconductors, Electronic Devices and Simple Circuits are created by the best subject matter experts at Instasolv. These solutions tackle all the major and basic concepts from the chapter like conductivity, intrinsic semiconductors, extrinsic semiconductors, diodes, junctions formats, P – N junction etc.
Chapter 14 of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics has nineteen questions in total. The chapter has a huge variety of questions which revolve around the core concepts that have been delivered through theory explanations, diagrams, formula, mathematical equations and examples. Our solutions will help you resolve any of your doubts in the chapter and will make it easier for you to prepare for your CBSE exams. These solutions will also act as study notes at the time of revisions.
Important Topics of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 14 – Semiconductors, Electronic Devices and Simple Circuits
In NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 14, you will learn that conductivity and resistivity are the basis for the classification of various solids. Few of these classifications are –
- Metals – metals are said to have a very low resistivity which also means that they have a high conductivity.
- Semiconductors – these have their resistivity or their conductivity, in the mid of the values of metals and the insulators
- Insulators – these have a very high resistivity which also means that their conductivity is very low.
This chapter will introduce you to the concept of an Intrinsic Semiconductor which can also be understood as a semiconductor that is undoped. The holes present in its valence band are actually valencies which have been created by the electrons that are in an excited state due to thermal energy and reach the conduction band. Silicon and Germanium are ideal examples of an intrinsic semiconductor.
When a pure semiconductor is inculcated with a very minute amount of impurity, the conductivity of the semiconductor rises rapidly to a considerable amount. These kinds of materials are termed as extrinsic semiconductors.
In this chapter, you will learn about the various kinds of extrinsic semiconductors, the mechanism behind them, their diagrammatic representation and the other concepts related to them. You will get to know about the p-type and the n-type semiconductors in a detailed manner.
P – N junction
You will be introduced to this term P – N junction which is the fundamental building block of numerous semiconductor devices like the diodes, the transistors, etc. This junction basically monitors and analyses the working of the other devices which are connected to the semiconductors. In this chapter, you will learn about the format of this junction and a detailed study of its working through theory, examples and diagrams.
Exercise Discussion of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chapter 14 – Semiconductors, Electronic Devices and Simple Circuits
- Question 1 of the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 14 is a short-answer type where you need to state True or False for the given statements. The exercise is very simple and requires a thorough understanding of the chapter.
- Exercise 14.2 is also similar and a continuation of the first question. Similar questions are seen from exercise 14.3 to 14.7, where your analytical skills are put to test and you are required to find out whether or not the statements stand true and at the same time provide your justification for either of your stance.
- Further, the chapter also has numerical questions which are very simple and directly based on the formulas learned from the chapter. Question 14.9 requires you to find the input voltage and the base current for a CE – Transistor amplifier, whose resistance, signal voltage and current amplification factor is given to you.
- There are numerical problems like question 14.10 where you are required to find the output ac signal and the value of gain voltage and voltage of the ac signal is given to you already.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 14 – Semiconductors, Electronic Devices and Simple Circuits
We have solved all the NCERT exercise questions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 14 in a detailed manner for you. Refer to these solutions as many times as you want. They can be useful in understanding the concepts of the chapter, while doing your homework assignments or at the time of revisions. These solutions will prepare you for your upcoming CBSE exams.