NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 – Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance cover all the important fundamentals that have been introduced in the chapter. The NCERT solutions ensure that you are well versed with the topics along with a thorough practice through the questions included in the chapter. Topics like a spherical capacitor, parallel plate capacitor, electric quadrupole, capacitance; Potential, etc. have been dealt with in the chapter.
Chapter 2 – Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance consists of one exercise and thirty-four questions in total. The chapter has a huge variety of questions with respect to the various conditions and formations of the capacitors. This chapter majorly deals with numerical questions, diagram based derivations and analytical problems.
The NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 – Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance by Instasolv, is an effort to provide a simple and student-friendly learning environment. Once you start engaging with these solutions, you will develop a firm command on the subject matter and the major concepts which require a good deal of understanding. At Instasolv, we aim at ensuring a productive, stress-free and fruitful way of studying and scoring well in your board exams.
Topics covered in NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
This chapter will introduce you to the concept of electrostatic potential which is said to be the amount of work done with the help of an external force, in bringing a unit positive charge from infinity to a point. The symbol of electrostatic potential is V. At any point in the region where an electrostatic field is present, work-done without acceleration, in order to bring about a unit positive charge to that point, is the electrostatic potential.
The chapter contains derivations of the electrostatic potential based on different conditions like-
- Electrostatic potential due to a point charge
- Electrostatic potential due to an electrostatic dipole
- Electrostatic potential due to a system of charges
These derivations are very important, keeping your board exams in mind. Many questions and numerical problems are based on the above-stated conditions.
Any surface where the value of potential is constant at all its points is known as an equipotential surface. The equipotential surfaces of a single point charge are actually concentric spherical surfaces which are centred at the charge. The electric field lines for any single charge q are radial lines which are starting or ending at the charge and are subjective their positive or negative value. You will learn that in case of any charge configuration, the equipotential surface through a point is normal to the electric field at that point.
Exercise-Wise Discussion of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- CBSE, NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance comprise one exercise and 34 questions. These questions will polish your observational, analytical and application skills.
- As we have discussed earlier, the chapter consists of a majority of numerical questions. The first question 2.1 begins with a simple problem which asks you to find the potential of two charges under certain given conditions. To solve such questions you will have to apply your observational skills which will guide you in finding out the derivations. The steps of these derivations are very essential and will fetch you marks as well as the right answer. The questions further like 2.2, 2.4 etc. are also similar and require somewhat the same approach in terms of the formula applied and the derivations.
- There are other questions also which are based directly on the formula and all you need to do is place values in it. Question 2.6 is one such question where you need to find out the capacitance of three capacitors which are arranged together in a series setup.
- There are other questions as well which require you to derive the potential difference and the capacitance of the conductors based on the different values of voltage that is passed through them.
- The chapter also has questions which are a bit longer in terms of solutions, for instance, question 2.14. The question requires you to find the electric potential and the electric field at the midpoint of the line given and at a certain mentioned position. For such questions, you will have to take the help of diagrammatic representation and carry the derivation step by step.
- There are some questions which are even based on reasoning, like question 2.15, where you will have to state the reason for the electric field inside a cavity being null.
- Overall the exercises are an amalgam of a variety of problems which spread all over the concepts picked from the chapter.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 – Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
Our team of experts at Instasolv has ensured that the solutions are in accordance with the latest CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Physics. The solutions are formulated in an easy and step by step manner, for your better understanding. All your doubts have been taken care of and resolved in one place. The NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 2 are absolutely free of cost and easy to access.