NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 5 – Magnetism And Matter
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 5 – Magnetism and Matter have been formulated to make sure that all your needs for exam preparation are met. These NCERT Solutions cover all the main concepts which have been dealt with in the chapter. The questions revolve around topics like the fundamentals of the Earth’s magnetism, the angle of dip, geomagnetism, magnetic moment and dipole. The chapter inculcates theoretical, conceptual as well as numerical aspects of magnetism and matter.
The chapter contains 1 exercise and 25 questions in total. There are numerous kinds of questions including short answer questions, theory-based questions, derivation based questions, diagrammatic questions and numerical problems. All of these questions will help you in developing a strong command on the fundamentals you will learn from the chapter.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 5 – Magnetism and Matter will provide you with a simplified way of learning. The exercises cover all the nooks and corners of the chapter and ensure that you develop a firm command on the basics of the chapter through thorough practice.
Important Topics for NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 5 – Magnetism and Matter
The chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 will introduce you to the concept of magnetic fields. Some of the features of the magnetic field discussed in the chapter are –
- The magnetic field depends on q, v and B (here q denotes the charge of the particle, v denotes the velocity of the particle and B denotes the Magnetic field of the particle.
- The magnetic force which is q [ v x B] includes the vector product of velocity and the magnetic field. In case if the velocity and the magnetic fields are parallel, the force due to the magnetic field will be null due to the impact of the vector product.
- In case if the charge is not in motion, the magnetic force turns out to be null. The magnetic field is only felt by a particle in motion.
Electric Permittivity is a physical quantity which describes how a medium affects the electric field and how the medium is affected by the same electric field.
In this chapter, you will learn about the basics of Magnetic Permeability. Magnetic permeability is defined to be the ability of any substance to acquire magnetization in magnetic fields. In other words, it is the measure of the maximum extent to which a magnetic field can penetrate matter.
The device used to accelerate charged particles to high energy is known as a cyclotron. The device uses a combination of electric and magnetic fields and uses it to increase the energy of the charged particles. It works on the principle that the frequency of revolution in case of a charged particle in a magnetic field is dependent on its own energy.
Exercise-Wise Discussion of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chapter 5 – Magnetism and Matter
- The exercise begins with a descriptive question which is directly based on the theory of the chapter. Question 5.1 is about earth’s magnetism. There are also questions which require you to name three conventionally independent quantities play their role in determining the earth’s magnetic field.
- Other questions revolve around the angle of dip, geo-magnetism and the magnitude of the earth’s magnetic momentum with respect to its dipole. The exercise is further continued with theory-based questions as in exercise 5.2 which again has a different set of questions. These questions require reasoning and observational skills, like the one which requires you to explain the earth’s magnetic field from one point in space to another.
- There are simple formula based numerical questions which require you to find out the magnitude of the moment of the dipole of a bar magnet with the given values of axis angle, external magnetic field and the torque of the magnitude.
- The chapter has relatively easier numerical problems as compared to the other chapters. Again in question 5.7, very simple formula based problems have been given. All you need to do is write down the formula of work with respect to the magnetic moment of the field and place the given values in it.
- The chapter also includes derivation-based questions as in question 5.14, where you will have to formulate the equation based on the concepts from the chapter, in order to find the correct answer to the question.
- Unlike other chapters that you have studied so far, this chapter has a good amount of theoretical questions. Question 5.16 and 5.17 require short answers and definitions.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 5 – Magnetism and Matter
The expert team at Instasolv has formulated all the NCERT solutions in a simplified language. We ensure that you will develop a strong understanding of the chapter and all its major concepts after reading our NCERT Solutions. Each question has been tackled by our team stepwise and with a well-furnished explanation. All the answers are in accordance to the latest CBSE syllabus for Class 11 Physics.