NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 6 – Electromagnetic Induction
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 6 – Electromagnetic Induction cover all the essential topics that have been dealt with in the chapter. These NCERT Solutions will make sure that you develop a strong command with the concepts introduced in the chapter and get a thorough practice of all kinds of questions that can be asked in the exams. Topics like induced current, the direction of induced current, Lenz Law, angular frequency, magnetic field strength etc. have been discussed in the chapter.
Chapter 6 – Electromagnetic Induction consists of 1 exercise and 17 questions in total. This chapter has a wide range of questions which revolve around the basics from the chapter. There are short answer questions, numerical problems, reasoning questions, diagram-based questions and derivation based questions in the chapter.
The NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 6 – Electromagnetic Induction by Instasolv, is a complete study material which will assist you in preparing for your CBSE exams and will guide you in scoring well. Instasolv supports a stress-free and productive form of learning. Once you engage with these solutions, you will have a thorough revision of the chapter, which in turn will help you in polishing all your fundamentals picked from the chapter.
Important Topics for NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 6 – Electromagnetic Induction
This chapter will introduce you to the concept of magnetic flux. In case of a plane surface of area A, which is placed in a uniform magnetic field B, the magnetic flux of that plane will be represented as –
Magnetic Flux = Φ B = B = B . A = BA Cos Ө
You will also learn about eddy current in the chapter. The electric currents are induced in well-defined paths in case of conductors like circular loop conductors. When bulk pieces of conductors are subjected to changing magnetic flux, an induced current is produced in them, which has the flowing pattern of swirling eddies in the water. Such an effect leading to the swirling eddies effect led to the discovery of currents which are termed as eddy currents.
When the EMF is induced in a single isolated coil due to the change of flux through the coil by the means of currents which are varying through the very same coil, the phenomenon is altogether known as Self Induction. The self-induced emf always opposes any kind of change of current which might try to occur in the coil. The Self Induction of such circuits can be calculated with very simple geometries.
Exercise-Wise Discussion of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chapter 6 – Electromagnetic Induction
- The chapter begins with a very simple diagram based question which requires you to find out the direction of the induced current depending on the various conditions that have been showcased in the different figures.
- Then, there is question 6.2 which requires us to follow the Lenz Law for determining the direction of induced current depending on the various situations described in the question.
- Further, there are questions where you need to put your application skills to use, like question 6.4 where you need to determine the answer based on the condition that the wire is in a rectangular shape.
- There are a majority of numerical problems in the chapter. For instance question 6.8, where you are required to derive the self-inductance of the conductor based on the current and the average emf that has been given in the question.
- Question 6.10 is also a numerical question where you are required to find the voltage difference of a plane depending on its speed, location magnitude and the dip angle given.
- There are derivation based questions like question 6.16 where you need to obtain the expression for the mutual inductance of a wire.
- Questions like 6.17, where you need to derive the angular velocity of the rim of the wheel, require you to use multiple concepts to derive the answer. Such questions require step by step working and fetch you a good amount of marks.
- Questions like 6.16 are very important from CBSE exam point of view and with thorough practise of such questions, nothing can stop you from getting high marks in your exams.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 6 – Electromagnetic Induction
Referring to NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chapter – Electromagnetic Induction will help you master all the concepts of the chapter quickly. You can learn a lot from the solutions about the chapter and prepare for your exams. We have provided exercise-wise solutions so you will not face any problem in accessing them. These solutions are designed as per the CBSE exam pattern. If you face any further doubts, you can ask any question from our experts.