NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English A pact with the Sun Chapter 3 – The Shepherd’s Treasure Summary
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English A Pact with the Sun Chapter 3 The Shepherd’s Treasure are based on the latest CBSE syllabus for Class 6 English. The NCERT Solutions, Chapter-wise summary and study tips will help you in memorizing the Chapter-The Shepherd’s Treasure better. You can also refer to them while revising the Chapter and ensure that you have not missed any aspect of the Chapter.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 3 The Shepherd’s Treasure is an Iranian folktale. The Chapter is longer, running into 4 pages. In the end, there are seven questions. In the first question, only the correct answer is to be ticked. The sixth question has three subparts which can be treated as three short questions combined into one.
At Instasolv, we provide solutions to each question of NCERT Class 6 English Chapter 3 The Shepherd’s Treasure. We have also discussed methods to help you in writing better answers in your exams to score high marks.
The Shepherd’s Treasure summary provided below gives the essence and the main highlights of the complete Chapter. It also covers all the answers to the NCERT questions of the Chapter. This is followed by the moral of the story, discussions on improving the answers and study tips.
The Shepherd’s Treasure Summary: Class 6 English A Pact with the Sun
Chapter 3 of CBSE NCERT Class 6 English Book A Pact with the Sun is the story of a wise shepherd who becomes rich when the King recognizes his strength and gives him responsible positions in the Kingdom. The essence of the story is the humility that the shepherd always maintains despite his change in fortunes.
The Shepherd’s Treasure is about a very poor uneducated shepherd who lived in a small village in Iran. The period is long back when there were very few schools. The shepherd was friendly and wise. Through common sense, he advised people and helped them out of their troubles. Many people came to him for advice and he became famous for this. The King heard about him and decided to meet him.
The King disguised himself as a shepherd also and came to meet this shepherd at his cave. The shepherd greeted the disguised king, gave him water and a share of his meal. The King spent the night with the shepherd and was impressed by his hospitality and wise conversation.
The next morning, when the King thanked the shepherd for his hospitality and was ready, the shepherd showed that he had recognized the King and was thankful that the King had come to visit him. Impressed, the King made him the governor of a small district. Due to the shepherd’s humility, wisdom and kindness he became well respected and loved by the people. Other governors became jealous of his popularity and plotted against him. The fed the king lies about his dishonesty. To prove their lie, they told the king about the iron chest that the shepherd always carried with him, implying to the king that the secretly collected treasure was in the trunk.
On hearing these stories repeatedly and after getting confirmation that the shepherd indeed carried an iron chest with him at all times, the King decided to summon the shepherd. The King got angry that the shepherd had carried the iron chest with him even to meet the King. He asked the shepherd why he kept the iron chest and what was in it. When the chest was opened it only had an old blanket. The shepherd explained to the King that the old blanket was his only treasure and he valued it because the banket would give him protection as always even if the king took away his position and possessions. The King felt embarrassed and made the shepherd the governor of an even bigger district immediately.
Moral of the NCERT Class 6 English Chapter 3 The Shepherd’s Treasure
One must always remain humble even if fortunes change. Wealth is temporary and fortunes may fluctuate easily.
Discussion of the Exercises for CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 3 The Shepherd’s Treasure
- There are seven questions at the end of the Chapter. All can be answered easily if you recollect The Shepherd’s Treasure summary.
- Subject experts at Instasolv suggest that you should write the NCERT Solutions on your own first and then match them with our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 3.
Discussed below are the exercises to enable you to write your answers better and score high marks in your CBSE exams. Use these points while answering the questions.
- Lack of schools and not poverty was the reason that the shepherd was not educated.
- The King has a big responsibility as a ruler of his kingdom. To assist him with this responsibility the king always needs good people. Formal education in schools was not important in those days which is evident from the lack of schools. The shepherd had shown wisdom and intelligence by helping many people with his common sense. When his fame spread far enough that the King also heard about it, he decided to check out the shepherd for himself.
- It is human nature that if a story is repeated time and again, even if untrue it influences the person. The king got influenced by the jealous governors who fed him lies about the shepherd and plotted against him. The king wanted to understand the truth himself. He also wanted to know if his judgment about the shepherd had gone wrong or wealth and power had changed the shepherd.
- Everyone was delighted when they saw the shepherd with the iron chest because it was the most important part of their story about the shepherd’s secret treasure. It raised their hopes that the king may take some action against the shepherd in his anger.
- The old iron blanket was an example of both the shepherd’s humiliation and wisdom. Being wise he had anticipated that other governors would get jealous of his rise to power. Keeping an iron chest close to him always made them think that he might actually be hiding something valuable in it. The shepherd got a chance again to show the King his wiseness and humility and gain even more trust of the King. He was rewarded instantly with the governorship of an even bigger district.
These points are the essence of our NCERT Solutions for Chapter 3 The Shepherd’s Treasure Summary. Now you have the secret of how to write top-notch answers for English along with the best NCERT Solutions for English by your side. So start your learning today and enhance your academic performance.