NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English A pact with the Sun Chapter 7 – The Wonder Called Sleep Summary
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English A Pact with the Sun Chapter 7 The Wonder Called Sleep is the best study material for preparing well for CBSE Class 6 English exam. The subject matter experts for English at Instasolv have prepared the Chapter-Summary and exercise-wise answers in detail so that you can understand the essence of the Chapter easily.
CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 7 The Wonder Called Sleep is a poem by Edward Thomas given as part of the Chapter at the end. This Chapter is slightly more difficult than the previous chapters. So, you might find it difficult to answer all the NCERT questions by yourself.
Chapter 7 has six questions which need conceptual understanding to write. The answers are not direct ones from the book and need to be framed according to your understanding. This is a great opportunity for you to differentiate your answers from others and score higher marks.
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English A Pact with the Sun Chapter 7 along with the Summary will be helpful for you in case you do not understand any part of the Chapter. We have provided below a brief summary of The Wonder Called Sleep and some useful tips on how to write NCERT Solutions below.
The Wonder Called Sleep Summary: Class 6 English A Pact with the Sun
As the name suggests, Chapter 7 of NCERT Class 6 English Book A Pact with the Sun is about the benefits of sleep. The human body can be called the most sophisticated gadget of nature. The self-healing feature of the human body takes place during sleep.
Sleep is a state of unconscious rest for the body. The activities that we perform daily cause fatigue to the body. Sleep rejuvenates the body and helps us recover from fatigue. It makes us alert, active and ready again for the next day. Most of the period of our sleep cannot be remembered. It’s a kind of darkness in which nothing seemed to have happened. At best, we may remember some dreams.
How does the body heal itself when we sleep? The deeper we sleep, the more the muscles relax. Our heartbeat becomes slower. Body temperature and blood pressure also go down. The brain which is very active during the day also slows down making us unable to think or act consciously while sleeping.
We dream during our sleep. Most of these dreams are forgotten when we wake up and our heartbeat, temperature and blood pressure become normal. Dreams are important for several reasons
- A dream can help us sleep through noise or other disturbances.
- Doctors believe dreams can be interpreted for therapy as they could reveal a lot about one’s problems.
Dreams can never tell the future. Some dreams can be based on what one is thinking and hence may happen in real life. The poem at the end of the Chapter describes the experience of falling asleep.
Moral of CBSE NCERT Class 6 English Chapter 7 ‘The Wonder Called Sleep’
The message of the story ‘The Wonder Called Sleep’ is that Sleep is essential for living a healthy life.
Discussion of the Exercises of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 7 ‘The Wonder Called Sleep’
- This Chapter is unlike other stories but is important from the language point of view as it explains the experience of falling asleep.
- Instasolv’s subject matter experts have presented the above The Wonder Called Sleep summary to explain the essence of the Chapter.
- NCERT Solutions for questions 1, 2 and 4 can be picked up directly from the summary of The Wonder Called Sleep.
- Our experts suggest that you should make your notes of answers to questions 3, 5 and 6 first and then refer to our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English A Pact with the Sun Chapter 7.
To guide you further we have discussed the answers to NCERT Questions 3, 5 and 6 below.
- A dream can be defined as an activity of the mind that takes place when we are asleep. Some dreams may be remembered but most of them are not. Dreams facilitate sound sleep. They could be based on what one has been thinking. There is a chance, therefore, that some dreams may happen in real life. In any case, dreams do not tell the future.
Dreams have other benefits in therapy as well. If the question comes in the section where long answers are expected, then examples can be added and the benefits of dreams can be elaborated.
- The title of Chapter 7 is The Wonder Called Sleep. It is a wonder because we cannot remember most of the period of our sleep. It’s like darkness when no activity has happened. Despite this, sleep facilitates the human body to heal itself. It is essential to stay alive and healthy.
The poem by Edward Thomas describes the experience of falling asleep. Some understanding of this poem will help in enriching the answer. The author of the poem has taken an analogy of a deep forest.
Just like one is bound to lose their way in a deep forest, and there is no choice, similarly, when one falls asleep they go into a kind of darkness beyond their control. The second part of the poem explains that while a person could be naturally scared of entering a deep forest and would avoid it, the wonder of sleep is that there is no fear and it is inviting. It is an experience into the unknown which we willingly want to take.
- In the last question, you have to describe an improbable dream that you may have had. It may be difficult to remember such a dream. Dreams generally revolve around what we are thinking. In class 6 what could be the improbable things that we think about.
It could be around superheroes where we could dream that we are one of the superheroes that we have recently watched a movie about. It is suggested that you write the answer to this question and prepare it earlier. A prepared answer will help you score higher marks than one which is written on the spur of the moment.
Chapter 7 The Wonder Called Sleep is unique because it has a poem as part of the Chapter. Instasolv has provided an easy explanation in the form of a summary and how that explanation can be used in your answers. This provides an opportunity for you to score better than other students.
This poem also has questions where you have to describe a dream in your own words as well as describe an improbable dream that you may have had. We have tried to provide a suitable answer to such questions as well in our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English A Pact with the Sun Chapter 7. We suggest that you prepare these answers well before the exams if you want to score high marks.