NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 10 – Mensuration
NCERT Solutions for Mensuration covers all the important topics of the chapter such as calculation of perimeter of different shapes, calculation of area of different shapes, and visualization of the area. This chapter of NCERT Solutions has 3 exercises and 30 questions in total. They are based on the latest CBSE Class 6 Maths Syllabus. Our subject matter experts have prepared all the NCERT solutions for the chapter exercise-wise for your reference.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Chapter 10 cover all important formulae of the chapter such as the perimeter of the rectangle, the perimeter of regular shapes, area of square and rectangle. Practising these questions will help you form a good foundation for mensuration topics in higher classes. The NCERT Solutions that we have prepared for Class 6 Chapter 10 are easy to understand, and a 100% accurate. We also included some shortcut tricks and study tips that will help you in solving problems quickly and score more marks in CBSE Maths exam.
Our expert teachers use the best methods of solving mensuration problem sums to ensure efficient learning. Our NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 10 solutions are prepared on the basis of CBSE guidelines. They will not only help you become thorough with Class 6 Maths Mensuration topics but will also help you perform well in your exams. With our CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 10 solutions at your disposal, you can easily accustom yourself with different question patterns significant from exam stand viewpoint. They are devised to clear all your doubts.
NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 10
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 10 – Mensuration include various vital concepts from the chapter. They provide you with a detailed understanding of the fundamental concepts of mensuration. Mensuration is considered the most crucial chapters of CBSE Class 6 Maths Syllabus. Following are the topics covered in CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 10.
- Introduction to Mensuration
This section of the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Chapter 10- Mensuration will introduce you to the fundamental concepts and terms essential for solving problem sums on mensuration. It teaches you the definition of mensuration and the meaning of shapes. It also elaborates in details about the measurement of length, area, and volume of different two dimensional and three-dimensional shapes.
This chapter of the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 10-Mensuration describes the methods and formulas of calculating the perimeter of two-dimensional shapes like triangle, rectangle, square, polygon, and irregular shapes.
For example, if a triangle has three sides a, b and c then
The perimeter of the triangle= a+b+c
Another example is if a square has 4 equal sides of length d then,
The perimeter of the square=4 x d
In this chapter of NCERT solutions for class 6 Maths Chapter 10- Mensuration, you will learn the different procedures of the calculating area of a square, rectangle, different types of triangle, and irregular shapes. From this chapter of NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 10, you will also learn methods of area visualization.
CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 10 Exercises
NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 10 includes a total of three exercises. The following section will give you a brief description of each exercise in this chapter. These exercises have been solved by our maths teachers covering all essential concepts laid out in CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 10 of the CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Book.
- Exercise 10.1 of NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 10 has 17 questions in total that cover different subtopics of perimeter such as the perimeter of a square, perimeter of a triangle, perimeter of an irregular shape, perimeter of a rectangle, and perimeter of a polygon.
- In this exercise, some questions are direct questions, some are indirect questions, and some are scenario-based questions.
- Exercise 10.1 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 10- Mensuration will give you enough practice to get comfortable with the covered topic and master the same. It has been solved in a step by step format to induce easy understanding.
- In this portion of NCERT Solutions for Class 6, Chapter 10-Mensuration, you will find only one question that has 14 subparts.
- For solving this question, you will need to find out the area of various two-dimensional figures given in the question.
- This exercise of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 10 will help you clearly understand the covered concepts and methodologies employed for calculating the area of complex and irregular two-dimensional shapes.
- In Exercise 10.3 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6, Chapter 10-Mensuration comprises of 12 questions.
- You will find question 1 has four subparts, each of which asks you to find the area of the rectangle with given lengths and breadths.
- Question 3 also deals with determining the area of a rectangle from the given lengths and breadths.
- In Question 2, you are required to find the area of the square from each given value of the sides.
- Question 4 to question 9 and question 12 consists of scenario-based problem sums where you have to find the area of different shapes based on the given data.
- Question 10 and 11 requires you to split the given figures into rectangles to determine the area of each given figure.
- This exercise covers various types of questions from Class 6 Maths Mensuration, gives you enough practice to clear all your doubts and ensures you do well in your Class 6 Maths exams.