NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3 – Playing with Numbers
The NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3 covers all the questions present in the chapter ‘Playing with Numbers’. Our Solutions have been prepared on the basis of the latest CBSE Class 6 Maths Syllabus. In NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3 comprises 7 comprehensive exercises. In this chapter, you will learn about various fundamental concepts like factors and multiples, composite and prime numbers, common factors and common multiples, prime factorization, highest common factor (HCF) and lowest common factor (LCM).
Our Class 6 Maths NCERT Solutions are simple, easy to comprehend, and completely accurate. The structure of our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Playing With Numbers has been specially devised to help you develop an in-depth understanding of all the topics. Our Solutions consists of detailed explanations of all important concepts and formulas. They cover all questions types and all possible questions from this chapter that are important for scoring well in your class 6 Maths exams. Our smart NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 3 Solutions comprise plenty of solved questions and examples to help you to develop a strong conceptual base. Our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3-Playing with Numbers and clever Maths shortcuts helps you improve your exam preparation and exam scores.
In our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3- Playing with Numbers, you will find the chapter has been laid out in a very logical format. The format of Instasolv’s NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3- Playing with Numbers is particularly helpful for quick learning and rapid revision during exam time. Our NCERT Solutions have all been prepared following the guidelines provided by CBSE and NCERT. NCERT Solutions Class 6 Maths Chapter 3- Playing with Numbers imbibe innovative and effective study strategies that have been designed to help you master the topics of Class 6 Maths Playing with Numbers and perform exceptionally well in your exams.
NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 3
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3- Playing with Numbers comprises different fundamental concepts for building a solid conceptual foundation. All the topics and subtopics elaborated in the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3- Playing With Numbers have been listed below.
Types of Numbers
In this section, you get to know about the different categorizations of numbers. Some of them include even numbers, odd numbers, prime numbers, whole numbers, natural numbers, whole numbers, prime numbers, and composite numbers.
Facts about Factors and Multiples
This part of CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 3 discusses factors and multiples and their properties in detail. Here you will learn the different methods to identify factors and multiples, the meaning of factors, properties of factors, perfect numbers, Properties of perfect numbers, meaning and properties of multiples.
Prime and Composite Numbers
CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 3, teaches you about the meaning and properties of a prime number and composite numbers. You will also learn about the various divisibility tests. Some examples of prime numbers include 3, 2, 7 and 5. Some examples of composite numbers are 5, 11, 7, 3 and 2. This section also elaborates about the meaning and properties of other numbers such as even numbers and odd numbers. Some examples of even numbers are 2, 4, 6, and 8 and some examples of odd numbers are 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11.
Test of Divisibility of a Number
This section of the chapter teaches you the fundamental concept of divisibility. It talks about different divisibility rules and tests. You must have a clear understanding of this section to score good marks in your exams. Some important divisibility rules included in this chapter are cited below.
- Divisibility Test for 2
- Divisibility Test for 3
- Divisibility Test for 4
- Divisibility Test for 5
- Divisibility Test for 6
- Divisibility Test for 7
- Divisibility Test for 8
- Divisibility Test for 9
- Divisibility Test for 10
- Divisibility Test for 11
This chapter also covers topics common factors, common multiples and their characteristics.
- The Prime Factor
This portion of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3- Playing with Numbers teaches you about prime factorization. Numbers that are expressed as a product of two prime numbers, their factorization is defined as prime factorization.
NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 3: Exercise Discussion
Our smart NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3- Playing with Numbers cover all the exercises listed below.
- This exercise contains problem sums based on factors and multiples. It comprises 4 questions. The first question asks you to write all the factors of the given numbers.
- The second question asks you to write the first 5 multiples of the given numbers. The third question is a Match the following question type.
- The fourth question asks you to find all the multiples of the given numbers.
- This exercise is a continuation of the first exercise. Here you get to solve more problem sums based on factors and multiples.
- This exercise will also familiarise you with prime and composite numbers. There are a total of 12 questions in this exercise of CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Book. It includes objective type questions, true-false questions, multiple-choice questions, and fill in the blanks.
- In this exercise, you will solve problem sums based on the topic divisibility of numbers. At the end of this chapter in your CBSE NCERT Class 6, Maths Book exercise 3.3 consists of a total of six questions.
- This exercise has been structured in a manner to help you understand the method of solving different questions related to the topic divisibility of numbers. It covers all divisibility tests to help you get a good hold on this topic.
- This exercise of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3- Playing With Numbers contains problem sums based on common factors and common multiples. It contains a total of 7 questions. Some questions ask you to figure out common multiples and common factors of given numbers following the method mentioned in the NCERT syllabus.
- In Question 6 and 7, you will learn how to figure out co-prime numbers from a given set of numbers.
- This exercise of our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 3- Playing with Numbers covers topics like prime factorization and divisibility rules. Our NCERT Solutions explicitly elaborate about various divisibility rules and factorization methods in an easy to understand language.
- In this exercise, there are a total of 12 questions, some of which are objective type questions, and some are true and false questions. All questions in the exercise test your knowledge thoroughly.
- This exercise of NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 3 contains problem sums based on the topic of HCF. There are 3 questions in this exercise.
- The first question asks you to find the HCF of given numbers.
- The second question asks you to find the HCF of two consecutive numbers, even numbers and odd numbers.
- The third question relates to the topic of HCF of co-prime numbers.
- This exercise of NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 3 contains problems related to the lowest common multiple, i.e. LCM.
- This exercise will help you understand the topics HCF and LCM clearly. It contains three numerical problems that ask you to make calculations using the methods of LCM.