NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometrical Ideas
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometric Ideas is one of the best reference material for students appearing for Class 6 CBSE exams. Based on NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Syllabus, it covers all concepts of ‘Basic Geometrical Ideas’. In addition, you can also learn how to apply the concepts of geometry in solving questions in the exercises. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometric Ideas stresses the concepts of geometrical figures such as points, lines, curves, angles, circles, polygons, triangles, and quadrilaterals. Please note that there is a total of 6 exercises available in this chapter.
Class 6 Maths Basic Geometrical Ideas emphasizes the basic elements that are responsible for the formation of geometrical figures. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometric Ideas consists of ample illustrative examples and questions for conceptual clarity. After getting an insight into the basic concepts, you can test your knowledge by solving the questions available in the exercise. This way, you will be able to set up a benchmark for your thorough preparation by covering all bases.
The objective of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometric Ideas goes beyond building your basic foundation about Geometry. It also assists you in grasping the concepts of higher levels in the subsequent classes. You also get Maths shortcuts and unique study guidelines that help you acquire a complete understanding of various concepts thoroughly. They have been devised to make learning a fun, interesting, interactive, efficient and effective process for you. With our solutions on your side, you can study anywhere anytime at your speed and convenience.
NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 Basic Geometrical Ideas
NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 encompasses concepts surrounding the basic geometric Ideas such as polygons, triangles, quadrilaterals and Circles. Developing insight into these concepts is of vital importance for you to do well in the higher grades in future. Below, you can find the details of the different topics.
- Basic Definitions in Geometry: As per the latest syllabus, this section of the CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths book deals with the definitions of points and lines. Additionally, Class 6 Maths Basic Geometrical Ideas also encompasses angles and different kinds of curves.
- Lines and line segments: The collection of several points in one dimension on two opposite directions leads to the formation of lines. NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 4- Basic Geometrical Ideas will introduce you to line segments and rays. Knowing these concepts well will come in handy for you to understand angles. Besides, the solution will also help improve your knowledge of parallel lines and intersecting lines.
- Angles: Class 6 Maths Basic Geometrical Ideas will apprise you of how an angle is formed due to the intersection of two rays. It will also show you how to identify the vertex of an angle and name it. NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometrical ideas also cover in-depth about the interior and exterior of an angle.
- Polygons: NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometrical ideas cover all basics of polygons. Apart from the definition, it will also introduce you to different types of polygons, such as triangles and quadrilaterals. By knowing the underlying concepts linked to these polygons, you can grasp the other details concerning these geometrical figures appropriately. You will also come to know about the interior and exterior parts of these polygons in this chapter. NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 4- Basic Geometrical Ideas will also familiarize you with the angles resulting from these polygons.
- Circles: In CBSE, NCERT Class 6 Maths book, you will come across the fundamental topics related to circles. Apart from the mathematical definition of a circle, you will also learn about different aspects related to it. These include radius, diameter, segment, sector, chord, circumference, and diameter.
- Curves: NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometric Ideas covers the details of the position of a curve. It will help you know about the region of the curve and help you distinguish between its interior and exterior.
CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 Exercises
As per the CBSE Class 6 Maths Syllabus, chapter 4 of Mathematics consists of six exercises. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometric Ideas incorporates the questions of all these exercises. Given below is a detailed list of the questions that belong to them.
- Exercise 4.1 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometrical Ideas involves a total of six questions. This exercise deals with the introduction part of the chapter.
- Question two asks you to name a line with four points in twelve distinct ways by taking two letters at once.
- Question three asks you to name points, lines, and line segments based on a given figure.
- Question three consists of a diagram. You are required to name a line containing a point and the one passing through a point.
- Question four asks you to cite the number of lines that can pass through one and two given points.
- In question five, you are required to draw a figure and name it as per the given instructions.
- Question six is the final one in the exercise. It requires you to state whether the given statements are true or false based on a particular figure. All these questions have been solved systematically to help you understand the procedure.
- The exercise 4.2 of CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 comprises five questions. The first one asks you to classify figures based on whether they are open or closed ones.
- In the second question, you need to draw a diagram exemplifying open and closed curves.
- The third question deals with the requirement to construct any polygon and shade it’s interior.
- You need to answer the fourth question based on a given figure. In the fifth and the final question, you need to illustrate a few statements based on a figure. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometric ideas consists of answers to all these questions.
- The exercise 4.3 of NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 includes three questions. The first question involves a figure based on which you need to name the angles.
- In the second question, you are required to name the points based on a given diagram.
- The third and the final question necessitate you to draw rough diagrams of angles based on the given directions. In the solution, you will find the answers to all these questions written in a simple and straightforward manner.
- The exercise 4.4 of NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 has two questions. The first one asks you to draw the rough outline of a triangle; thereafter, you need to mark two points – one in the interior and the other in the exterior.
- Next, you need to state if point A lies in the interior or the exterior part of the triangle. The second question consists of four sub-sections. You need to answer the questions of each of these sub-sections. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometric ideas answers these questions in detail.
- The exercise 4.5 of NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 has two questions. To answer both questions, you need to construct quadrilaterals.
- The first one asks you to draw two diagonals. Thereafter, it asks you to state if their point of intersection lies in the interior or exterior of the quadrilateral.
- The second one asks you to state the opposite and adjacent sides and angles. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 4 – Basic Geometric ideas answers these questions in simple and lucid language.
- As per the latest CBSE Class 6 Maths Syllabus, the exercise 4.6 of chapter 4 involves a total of four questions.
- The first one is all about identifying the different parts of a circle such as a radius, diameter, segment, sector, and chord. The solution answers all these questions in a way that is simple and easy for you to grasp the method.