NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5 – Understanding Elementary Shapes
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5 Understanding of Elementary Shapes has been prepared on the basis of the latest syllabus approved by CBSE. In Chapter 5 there are 9 exercises. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5 Understanding of Elementary Shapes include important concepts such as Measuring of Line Segments, Angles, Types of Angles, Measurement of Angles, Perpendicular, Polygons, Types of Polygons and Three-dimensional shapes. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5 is one of the most important chapters for understanding the fundamentals of Geometry.
The solutions prepared by our subject matter experts contain diagrams and examples to make learning a fun process. Solving these exercises will help you develop an in-depth knowledge of the topic. Class 6 Maths Playing with Numbers Solutions has been designed to brush-up your calculation skills through a good amount of practice questions.
The structure of the Class 6 Maths Playing with Numbers Solutions is especially helpful for preparing during your exams. Our NCERT Solutions make revision a quick and efficient process. They have been formulated on the guidelines of CBSE. NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5 Understanding of Elementary helps you become thorough with Chapter 5, and keeps all your doubts clear always.
NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 5: Important Topics
Chapter 5 comprises various fundamental concepts. All topics and subtopics covered CBSE, NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 5 Solution have been listed below.
- Introduction to Understanding Elementary Shapes
This section introduces you to different elementary shapes such as line segments, angles, and their types, triangles, and their classifications, polygons, quadrilaterals, and three-dimensional shapes.
- Measuring Line Segments
This part of the chapter talks about the ways of measuring a line segment. A line segment is a portion of a line that can be measured. The length of a line is the distance between two end-points. In this chapter, students learn about comparing two line segments based on Observation, Tracing, and Measurement using a ruler or divider.
- Angles and Its Types
This portion of the CBSE, NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5 teaches you that every angle comprises two straight lines that meet at the same point. It also tells you how angles can be best understood from the movement of clock hands. It tells you how a straight line is 180 degrees while a right angle is always 90°. Here are the different types of angles covered in this section.
- Acute Angle
- Obtuse Angle
- Reflex Angle
This section also teaches you about right angles and perpendicular lines and perpendicular bisectors.
- Triangles & Its Types
This section of the chapter elaborates on the meaning of a triangle and its various types. A Triangle is
a closed figure that can be categorized as a polygon with the least number of sides. Triangles can be classified as various categories on the basis of angles, such as the following.
- Acute Angled Triangle
- Right Angled Triangle
- Obtuse Angled Triangles
Triangles can also be classified on the basis of the length of the sides. The following are the classifications.
- Scalene Triangle
- Isosceles Triangle
- Equilateral Triangle
This part of the chapter teaches you that a quadrilateral is a four-sided polygon. It comprises four sides, two diagonals, and four angles. This section elaborates on the definition and properties of different types of quadrilaterals, such as Squares, Rectangles, Rhombus, Parallelogram, and Trapezium.
This section of the chapter talks about the meaning and significance of Polygons. A polygon comprises at least three sides and three angles. It tells you that a polygon with three sides is known as a triangle, while a polygon with four sides is known as a quadrilateral. It teaches you about some common polygons classified on the basis of the number of sides, such as Pentagon, Heptagon, Hexagon, Decagon, Nonagon, Octagon, and Heptagon.
- Three-dimensional shapes
Three-dimensional shapes that can be measured from all three directions that are length width and height are known as a 3D shape. Three-dimensional shapes include cubes, spheres, cuboids, cylinders, pyramids, cones, etc.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5: Exercises Discussion
The NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5- Understanding of Elementary Exercises comprises 9 comprehensive exercises. Here is a list of the exercises and their components.
- Exercise 5.1 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5- Understanding of Elementary Shapes comprises 7 questions. Each of the questions has five parts that are intended to help you clear all your fundamental concepts.
- The first 2 questions are objective type questions. Question 3,4,5, and 6, give you enough practice to understand various aspects of Line Segments. Question 7 requires you to draw 5 triangles, measure each of their sides, and determine whether the sum of the lengths of any two sides is more than the third side.
- Exercise 5.2 of NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 5 comprises 7 questions of which all are logical questions where you need to answer a variety of clockwise rotation problem sums.
- In this exercise of CBSE, NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 5, all problem sums help you gain a better understanding of various types of angles. For example, the first part of question 5 asks you to determine the angle between the two hands of the clock when the clock turns from 3 to 6.
- This section of NCERT, CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 5 includes only 2 questions. Question 1 match the following type of question. Question 2 asks you to classify each of the given angles as a right angle, straight angle, acute angle, obtuse angle, or reflex angle.
- This exercise covers the basic concepts related to determining and understanding different types of angles.
- Exercise 5.4 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5- Understanding of Elementary Shapes comprises 11 questions. This exercise covers the Measuring of Angles in a step by step manner with the help of a protractor.
- This exercise contains different question types such as true and false, fill in the blanks, and application-based questions. Most questions in this exercise ask you to measure angles in different ways.
- This exercise helps you get ample practice to clear all your doubts from this section of the chapter and become thorough with the same.
- Exercise 5.5 of CBSE, NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 5 comprises 4 questions and covers the topic Perpendiculars. Question 1 asks you to identify models for perpendicular lines from given models.
- In order to correctly answer questions such as Question 2, 3, and 4 from this exercise, you must have a clear understanding of perpendiculars, perpendicular bisectors, and perpendicular angles because they are application-based questions.
- Under exercise 5.6 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5- Understanding of Elementary Shapes, there are 4 questions. The first questions ask you to identify the type of triangle from the given lengths of the three sides of a triangle. Question 2 is a Match the following type of a question.
- Here you need to match the triangle names with their respective descriptions. Question 3 is asking you to name the given triangle based on their nature and angles. Question 4 requires you to construct triangles with matchsticks and name the constructed triangles based on their nature.
- In exercise 5.7 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 5- Understanding of Elementary Shapes comprises 3 questions. They include Objective type questions, true and false questions, and give reasons for the following type of questions.
- This section covers different types of polygons and quadrilaterals such as triangles, squares, rectangles, rhombus, parallelogram, and trapezium, etc.
- Exercise 5.8 of NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 5 has a total of 5 questions. They all deal with Polygons.
- The first question asks students to examine given figures and identify whether they are polygons or not.
- The second question consists of five figures where you have to identify and write the names of each given polygon. Question number 3, 4, and 5 are subjective type in which students need to draw figures as per the given instructions.
- In exercise 5.9 of NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 5- Understanding of Elementary Shapes, there are 2 questions, the first is a Match the Following question. Here you need to match the name of three-dimensional figures in one column with the corresponding given shapes in the other column.
- In the 2nd question, students are asked to identify the shape of everyday objects like road roller, instrument box, brick, sweet laddu, and Matchbox.