NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 7 – Fractions
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 7 Fractions is one of the best sources of exam preparation. These NCERT Solutions will help you in gaining a better understanding of various crucial concepts covered in all 6 exercises of the chapter. Some of the important concepts that you will be learning in CBSE NCERT Solutions Class 6 Maths Chapter 7 include Types of Fractions, Addition of Fractions, Subtraction of Fractions, Multiplication of Fractions, Comparing Fractions, Simplest Form of Fractions and Representation of Fraction on a Number Line.
The Fractions comprise answers to all the 47 questions from 6 exercises. To score good marks in your CBSE exam, you can easily rely on these solutions. We have prepared the NCERT Solutions in a step-wise manner. We have sued simple language to make it easier for you to understand the concepts of Fractions.
The NCERT Solutions for Chapter 7 Fractions work towards enhancing your knowledge and understanding of the chapter. With the help of our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 7-Fractions, you can ace your exams like never before. They will help you learn faster and better. We have listed the important topics of Chapter 7 below for your reference.
NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 7: Important Topics
- Types of Fractions
In this section, you will come to know about various types of Fractions and their uses along with their respective properties. The different types of Fractions covered in this chapter are as follows.
- Proper Fractions: In this part of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 7-Fractions, you will learn about what are Proper Fractions. It will teach you that in proper Fractions, the numerator is less in value than the denominator, that is, numerator < denominator. For example – 4/5, 7/10, 3/8, 5/9 are all proper Fractions.
- Improper Fractions: In NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 7, you will understand what exactly is improper Fractions and how to convert them into proper Fractions. The Fractions 6/5, 18/7, 5/3 are all improper Fractions.
- Mixed Fractions: In this part, you will learn how to convert mixed Fractions to proper Fractions and that these mixed Fractions are basically a combination of whole numbers and proper Fractions.
- Addition of Fractions
This section of the NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 7 will make you understand how to add two or more Fractions. They can either be like Fractions or even unlike Fractions. You will also learn how to take the LCM and then add the Fractions.
- Addition of Like Fractions
In case the denominators are the same, then we need to add only the numerators.
For example – 4/3 + 7/3 = 11/3
- Addition of Unlike Fractions
For adding two Fractions with different denominators, you first need to find the LCM and then perform the addition
For example for the problem sum 2/3 + 3/4
LCM of the denominators 3 and 4 is 12
Hence (2*4 + 3*3)/12 = 17/12
- Subtraction of Fractions
This part of CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 7 will teach you how to subtract two or more Fractions at a time. In this also, you will have to take the LCM and then perform the subtraction of Fractions.
For example – 4/6 – 3/9
LCM of 6 and 9 is 18
Hence,(3*4 – 3*2)/18 = 6/18 = ⅓
- Multiplication of Fractions
This section of NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 7 will teach you the simplest multiplications and multiplications of the numerator and denominator using the simplest and best methods of calculation. It teaches you that while performing multiplication of the fraction, you have to start by simplifying the fraction, and then multiply the numerator with the numerator and the denominator with the denominator. Then you must represent the final answer in the lowest term format.
For example – 1/5 * 2/3 = 2/15
- Comparing Fractions
This part of Class 6 Maths Fractions, will teach you about comparing various Fractions. Here you will be doing multiplication of Fractions to know how to compare each fraction with one another.
- The Simplest Form of a Fraction
This section of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 7-Fractions, you will learn how to simplify the Fractions which are complex or improper. This will make fraction problems more easy and simple to solve.
- Fraction on the Number line
In this portion of CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 7, you will understand how to represent Fractions on a given line. This is one of the easiest and simplest concepts of the whole unit.
NCERT CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 7: Exercises Discussion
NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 7 – Fractions consists of a total of 6 exercises. Below is the list of the exercises and their components.
- Exercise 7.1 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 7-Fractions have 11 questions.
- The first three questions are similar. They are based on the fundamentals of Fractions.
- Question 4,5,6, and 7 are scenario-based questions, where incidents are mentioned, and you will have to identify the Fractions correctly.
- Questions 8 and 9 ask you to identify the prime numbers between a given range of natural numbers and decipher what fraction of the total numbers given are prime numbers.
- Question 10 is similar to questions 1, 2, and 3. Question 11 is scenario-based.
- Exercise 7.2 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 7-Fractions have 3 questions.
- The first question covers the concept of representation of Fractions on the number line.
- The second and third questions cover mixed Fractions and Improper Fractions. You will have to solve the questions by clearly observing what kind of Fractions they are.
- Exercise 7.3 of NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter 7 – Fractions comprises 9 questions.
- In this exercise, Question 1 and 2 are similar. They ask you to find the equivalent Fractions from the given figures.
- Question 3 is a kind of fill in the blanks question, where you have to find out the missing number.
- Questions 4-6 are of the same pattern where you will have to find the equivalent Fractions of given Fractions.
- Question 7 covers the concepts of the simplest form of Fractions.
- Question 8 is a scenario-based question from which you have to figure out the fraction asked in it.
- Exercise 7.4 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Maths Chapter 7 – Fractions has 10 questions.
- In this exercise, question 1 asks you to arrange the given Fractions in ascending and descending order.
- Question 2 covers the comparison of Fractions.
- Questions 4 and 5 are related to signs and a pair of Fractions.
- Questions 8- 10 are scenario-based questions that give you a situation and ask you to figure out the Fractions.
- Exercise 7.5 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Maths Chapter 7 – Fractions have 5 questions.
- Questions 1 and 2 cover the addition and subtraction of Fractions.
- Questions 3 and 5 are scenario-based questions, in which you have to figure out the Fractions from the given situations.
- Question 4 asks you to find out the missing Fractions
- Exercise 7.6 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Maths Chapter 7-Fractions have 9 questions.
- In this part of the exercise, you will find that questions cover almost all concepts from Class 6 Maths Fractions.
- Most of the questions of exercise 7.6 are scenario-based questions, and some of the questions are filled in the boxes type of questions.