NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 – Food Where Does It Come From
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 Food Where Does It Come From have been prepared on the basis of the latest NSECT Solutions for Class 6 Science Syllabus. These solutions have been written in simple language to help you understand difficult topics easily.
It covers all topics and sub-topics from CBSE Class 6 Science Chapter 1 of the NCERT Science Book. Some of the important topics covered in NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Science Chapter 1 Food Where It Comes From are Introduction of Food, Uses of Food, Sources of Food, Nutrients of Food, Food that Comes from Plants, Food That Comes from Animals, and Food Habits of Different Living Beings.
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1-Food Where It Comes From gives you an in-depth conceptual clarity. They are all-encompassing but to the point solutions that make learning easy, fun and interesting. They are of the finest quality and have been specially devised to help you perform well in your Class 6 CBSE exams. You can learn from our NCERT Solutions anywhere and anytime at your own convenience. Our Maths shortcuts, smart study tips & tricks and innovative study strategies help you not only become thorough with the NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 1 but also helps you build a strong conceptual base.
Important Topics Covered in NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1
NCERT Solutions Class 6 Science Chapter 1- Food Where Does It Come From is the first chapter in the CBSE approved NCERT textbook. It teaches you a lot of fundamental concepts that will help you build a strong foundation about Food.
Here is a list of topics and subtopics that this chapter covers.
- Food: NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 1 –Food Where Does It Come From starts with the introduction of food. It talks about what is food, what are different food nutrients, and how food is essential for both animals and plants. It also teaches you how the right kind of food is important for maintaining life and growth.
- Uses of Food in Our Body: NCERT CBSE Class 6 Science Chapter 1 also talks about the different uses of food in our body. Our body needs food for energy, for growth and for maintaining good health. We also need food for proper healing of the wounds and for proper body functions.
- Sources of Food: This part of the chapter teaches you that there are two sources of food, namely animals and plants. It talks about the importance of both animal sources of food and plant sources of food.
- Nutrients of Food: This section of the chapter tells you about different nutrients found in different food products. Some of the nutrients are Proteins, Carbohydrates, Vitamins, Fats, and Minerals. It also educates you about the functions of these nutrients.
- Food That Comes From Plants: This part of the NCERT Class 6 Maths Chapter talks in detail about the different plant sources of food and why they are important. It teaches you about how different parts of the plants can be consumed as a source of food. Some plant roots used as food are Radish, Turnip, Carrot and Beetroot.
- Some plant stems that can be used as a source of food include Potato, Ginger, Sugarcane, and Coriander. Some plant leaves that can be consumed as food are Spinach, Onion, Cabbage, and Lettuce. Some examples of plant flowers that are food sources are Cauliflower, Rose, and Bauhinia. Human beings also consume plant fruits such as Apple, Grapes, and Bananas.
- Some dry fruits that come from plants include Almond and currant (Kismis). Some of the plant seeds that can be used as food are Cereals such as wheat, maize, rice; Pulses such as Green Gram, Gram, and Pigeon Pea. Plant seeds are also used for yielding oil such as coconut oil, sesame oil and mustard oil.
- Food That Comes From Animals: CBSE NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 1 site various food items that come from animals and their importance. Some of the food products obtained from animals include Butter, Milk, Meat, Chicken, Fish, Crabs, Prawns and Honey.
- What Do Animals Eat? NCERT Solutions for Science Class 6 Chapter 1- Food Where Does It Comes From explains in detail about the food habits of different plants. It explains to you the different categories of animals based on their food habits such as Herbivores, Carnivores and Omnivores.
Class 6 Science Food Where Does It Come From NCERT Solutions Exercise Discussion
NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Science Chapter 1 – Food Where Does It Come From consists of all answers to all questions in the exercise given at the end of the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 in the CBSE NCERT Class 6 Science Book. It consists of 4 questions that precisely cover all topics and sub-topics of the chapter.
The first question covers the part of the chapter that talks about the different food habits of different living beings.
The second question maps to the section of the chapter that elaborates about plants as a food source.
The third question is a match the following question that can only be answered if you have read the entire CBSE NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 1 thoroughly.
The fourth question is a fill in the blanks question that also touches various important concepts from the Class 6 Science Food Where Does It Come From.