NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 14 – Water
NCERT Solutions For Class 6 Science Chapter 14-Water will help revise all the important concepts of the chapter. In chapter 14 you will learn various important concepts related to Water such as Water sources, evaporation, condensation, precipitation, drought, flood and Water cycle. This chapter includes 8 questions that test your knowledge about these topics. We provide detailed NCERT Solutions to all these questions so that you are left with zero doubts in the chapter.
CBSE Class 6 Science NCERT Chapter 14 is one of the important chapters from exam perspectives. Solving its questions will make it easier for you to grasp all the concepts of the chapter. It will also give you an idea of the questions that can be asked in CBSE exams. Some common questions related to this chapter include the conditions of drought, how clouds are formed, what is condensation, what is transpiration etc. The NCERT exercises of the chapter not only include straightforward queries like these but also some questions that will test your analytical skills based on the chapter topics.
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 14 are the best study resource for you. You can refer to them at any time and find the correct solutions. We have prepared them as per the latest CBSE syllabus so preparation for exams is no more a trouble for you. Whether it be short answer type questions or long answer type questions, our Science teachers have prepared eloquent solutions for you. They have been carefully designed to help you expand your knowledge base, enhance your retention rate, clear all your doubts and help you excel in your Class 6 Science exam.
NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 14
How much water do we use?
This section of NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 14-Water explain about Water consumption and how precious water is to the human beings living on earth. This unit also briefs you about how Water is one of the essential substances needed for the existence of life on planet earth. It also tells you that Water is found naturally and plentiful on our planet earth and how the earth’s surface is covered with two-third of Water. It elaborates about Water and mentions that Water is transparent, odourless and tasteless. It also teaches you that Water consists of inorganic molecules of hydrogen and oxygen.
Uses of Water
This section of the chapter clearly teaches you about the different uses of Water such as Bathing, washing, cleaning, drinking, cooking, irrigating, transportation, generation of power, industrial production, gardening, recreational activities and cultivating crops. It talks about the importance of water and that it is essential for life continuity on earth.
Sources of Water
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 14-Water teaches us about the different sources of Water such as groundWater, ponds, rivers, lakes and oceans. It also cites sources of Water used for usage on a day to day life. It teaches you that even though the earth’s maximum surface is covered with water, only a small portion is suitable for human use because of the toxins, impurities and presence of excess salt which may lead to health issues.
NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 14 introduces you to the meaning and definition of a Water cycle. It also gives you a clear idea of the functioning of the Water cycle. It teaches you that the Water cycle is the continuous movement of Water between Water bodies such as rivers, ponds, oceans, lakes and land. It also teaches you that this process can also be called a hydrologic cycle or the hydrological cycle. In this part of the unit, you will understand how Water transforms into different states of matter, namely, solid, liquid and gas. This section of the chapter elaborates on various stages of the Water cycle listed below.
In this part of CBSE NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 14, it will give you a vague idea of how Water is converted from liquid form to gaseous form.
In this part of CBSE NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 14, you will learn about how the gaseous form of water is transformed into a liquid state.
This part of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 14-Water, will explain the transformation of condensation of Water vapour in the atmosphere into rain, snow or hail.
Conservation of Water
In this portion of NCERT CBSE Class 6 Science Chapter 14, you will learn the importance of conservation of Water and how to conserve water through careful and optimal utilization. It tells you that Water is one of the essential resources on earth. Hence prudent Water management is crucial. It teaches you various methods of Water management. They have been mentioned below.
- Drip Irrigation: This part of NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 14, will help you in understanding the process of drip irrigation, which is pouring Water to the roots of plants with the help of narrow tubes.
- Rainwater Harvesting: This portion of NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Science Chapter 14 – Water, will teach you about the collection and storage of rainwater and how to use it efficiently.
NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 14 – Water Excise Questions
NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 14 Exercise comprises 8 questions. Below is the brief about each question of this exercise.
- Question 1 from NCERT CBSE Class 6 Science Chapter 14, is fill in the blank question type which requires you to give one-word answers. It has four sub-parts, and all the four parts are from different concepts of the chapter.
- Question 2 asks you to mention whether the given scenario is a result of evaporation or condensation.
- Question 3 is a true or false question type. It has five subparts that cover various concepts of the chapter.
- Question 4 is a short answer question. This question covers the topic of evaporation. It asks you to explain why the given scenario is correct or wrong.
- Question 5 is also a short answer question. This question is covers the topic condensation, and you have to explain it briefly.
- Question 6 of CBSE NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 14, is a short answer question that is to be answered in one line. Here, the question covers the topic perspiration. It asks you have to explain the example mentioned in it.
- Question 7 is a short answer question. It asks you to explain about clouds, in a word count of about 100 – 120 words.
- Question 8 is also a short answer question from drought topic. In this also you have to maintain a word count of about 100 – 120.
The exercise of NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 14-Water covers all questions and question types from the chapter. It covers all important concepts from the chapter and helps you gain an in-depth understanding of the same.