NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 – Nutrition in Plants
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 illuminate how plants obtain nutrition. In Chapter 1 of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science, you will learn how plants utilize their food for their growth and other life processes. The main topics of this chapter are photosynthesis, modes of Nutrition in Plants, and how soil replenishes the nutrients for plants.
CBSE NCERT Class 7 Science Chapter 1 has 13 questions that you must solve in order to have a thorough understanding of the chapter. As you will prepare the NCERT Solutions of Chapter 1 Nutrition in Plants you will come across various terms like saprotrophs, stomata, host, chlorophyll, insectivorous etc. There are short-answer type and very short-answer type questions in the chapter that cover all the important topics extensively.
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 will be helpful in grabbing the context of the topics more effectively. Through these solutions, you can easily get the answers to any question where you get stuck. Instasolv’s Science subject matter experts have thoroughly summarized the chapter for you and hence have created the NCERT Solutions for the chapter. This study material will definitely help you score better marks in CBSE Class 7 Science exam.
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 Nutrition in Plants: Summary
The incorporation of this chapter in the CBSE Science syllabus for class 7 gives you an opportunity to be familiar with the requirement of nutrients in plants as well as their contributions to the life processes of plants. Our NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 will describe a complete idea about:
- The major process involved in breaking down of food and nutrients
- Utilizing them to replace the dead cells into the new ones
In the first section of the chapter, an introductory part concerning the fundamental idea of nutrition as well as its true importance in life is discussed. Nutrition is the branch of science deals with the various processes related to the absorption of nutrients and its effective utilization in supporting growth and other life processes.
Modes of Nutrition in Plants
In this part of NCERT Class 7 Science Chapter 1, you can delve yourself into the pool of complete knowledge about the modes of nutrition that serves as a major topic in this chapter. The proper definition of Autotrophic and Heterotrophic Organisms is described.
Autotrophic Organisms are the organisms that can produce their own foods whereas Heterotrophic organisms are those that solely depend on other mediums to derive food for their nourishment.
Photosynthesis: Process Involved in Making Food
In the next section of the chapter, the concept of Photosynthesis is described. Photosynthesis is a major process that is involved in the manufacturing of food by the plants for their growth and sustainability. The process of photosynthesis plays a major contribution to the advancement of the food chain as well as for maintaining the ecological balance in nature.
This section also describes the crucial stages involved in the process of photosynthesis which you should understand more efficiently through our ‘easy to understand’ solutions offered under the guidance of Instasolv experts.
Chlorophyll and Chloroplast
In the next sections, the role of chlorophyll, as well as chloroplasts is discussed. Despite producing green color in the plants, chlorophylls actively participate in the process of photosynthesis. The process of Photosynthesis takes place in the eukaryotic cell structure of plants known as Chloroplasts. To have a deeper understanding of the actual facts, you must refer to NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 Nutrition in Plants.
Parasitic Plants and Organisms
CBSE Class 7 Science NCERT Chapter 1 further explains the roles of parasitic, saprophytic organisms and insectivorous plants. Parasitic plants and organisms are those that rely on other hosts to extract nutrition. This may cause health issues for the host. Saprophytic organisms are those that rely on the sources that have already decayed or dead. For example, Mushrooms, Indian Pipes, Molds and Mycorrhizal Fungi.
Insectivorous plants are those that rely on other species of animals or protozoa to take nutrition. The trapped animals include insects or arthropods. The next section explains the role of Symbiotic Relationship in organisms. In this mode of nutrition, two organisms coexist to take nutrition.
Discussion on NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 Nutrition in Plants
- Exercise questions 1 – 5 of the NCERT Class 7 Science Chapter 1 is based on short answer type questions.
- The first question evaluates your knowledge about the importance of nutrition of food.
- The second question is based on differences between saprotrophs and parasites.
- The next three questions are based on a starch experiment, the process of photosynthesis, as well as sketch explaining plants, which are the ultimate sources of energy.
- The next five questions are based on one-word answers that include fill in the blanks, one-word terms, tick the right option, match the columns as well as true false.
- However, the last three questions test your understanding regarding the process of photosynthesis and the role of carbon dioxide in plants.
- You must prepare all the topics of the chapter before working on NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1. Solving the exercises will give you the confidence to face CBSE exams.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 by Instasolv
- Instasolv assures to provide full guidance through self-study. The need for any tuitions and extra guidance shall never be felt while reading our exercise-wise Solutions NCERT Class 7 Science Chapter 1 – Nutrition in Plants.
- The real Benefit of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 by Instasolv is that it makes you aware of the nature of questions that can be asked in CBSE exams.
- Our NCERT Solutions are as per the CBSE exam pattern only so you can follow the same procedure while answering questions in the exams.
- If you have any doubts in the chapter, you can find quick solutions for the same with the help of our NCERT Solutions.
It is high time you move ahead with determination to score well and best in CBSE Class 7 exams. What you require for it is commitment and smart preparations. Check out Instasolv’s NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Chapter 1 – Nutrition in Plants right away.