NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 15 – Light
The NCERT Solution for Class 7 Science Chapter 15 will help you understand the concepts of Light, the reflection of light, and its associated concepts. There are a total of 13 exercises in this chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science along with 6 extended learning exercises. The summary given by Instasolv explains ‘Light’ in the best language possible for you to grasp the concept easily. If you want to score good marks in the class 7 science exam, you must solve all the exercises questions of this chapter.
Solving all the NCERT questions for class 7 science chapter 15 will help you to attain a better understanding of topics. This chapter introduces some very important concepts such as reflection of light, the formation of an image on a plane mirror, spherical mirrors etc. Along with solving the NCERT questions, read the summary that has been given by the experts at Instasolv. This chapter must be studied with utmost sincerity because these lessons will form your base for the upcoming classes.
Our subject matter experts have done enough research on every topic to create NCERT solutions for class 7 science chapter 15 for you. It is requested to solve all the exercises given at the end of the lesson and also the experiments that have been given within the lesson. For this will help you to grasp the concepts in a perfect manner. Also, ensure that you don’t miss your laboratory classes related to your chapter.
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 15: Light- Summary
Light is a form of energy that enables us to see objects from where it comes or is reflected. Light is detected through eyes.
Light Travels along a straight line
Light is a form of energy, which enables us to see any object. Say for example there is a tree, on which sunLight hits, hence we are able to see the tree. This is the simplest part. Light always travels in a straight line.
Reflection of Light
The chapter further describes the Reflection of Light concept. Reflection is simply the bouncing of light from an object. And, the surface is smooth and shiny, like polished metal, the Light will reflect at the same angle as it hit the surface. The ray which hits the surface is called an Incident Ray. And, the ray whose direction is changed after reflecting is called a Reflected Ray. The point at which Light hits the surface is called the Point of Incidence. This lesson also defines the Angle of Incidence and the Angle of Reflection.
Laws of Reflection
The laws of reflection form an important part of this chapter. There are mainly two rules relating to the Laws of Reflection. The first law of reflection says that the Incident Ray, the Normal and the Reflected Ray is formed on the same plane. And, the second Law of Reflection says that the Angle of Incident is always equal to the Angle of Reflection.
Types of Reflection
Chapter 15 of Class 7 NCERT also brings into Light the two types of Reflections- Regular Reflection and Diffuse Reflection. The next important topic discussed is Lateral Inversion. It is the effect produced by a plane mirror in reversing the image from left to right. The best example of lateral inversion is when we read an ambulance, this is the reason why an ambulance is written laterally inverted so that the image is aligned properly.
Playing with Spherical Mirrors
And, at last, Spherical Mirrors and Lenses have been dealt with in this chapter. A Spherical Mirror is a mirror having the shape of a piece cut out of a spherical surface. The Spherical Mirrors are again of two types- Concave and Convex Mirrors.
About NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 15 by Instasolv
- At Instasolv, we provide you with a succinct summary of the entire chapter. This will help you to have an overall understanding of the lessons;
- The NCERT solutions given by Instasolv always promote real understanding of the chapters;
- We always suggest you solve all the activities given in between the lessons;
- Don’t rely on the notes prepared by others;
- We always advise you to read the standard Textbooks, instead of reading any unreliable books without any authenticity.
Discussion of Exercises for NCERT Solutions of Class 7 Science Chapter 15
- Exercise question 1 is based on Fill in The blanks that test your understanding of the chapter.
- Question 2 and 3 are related to True and False as well as Match the Columns that examines your knowledge about the facts. Questions 4,5 and 6 are based on the concept of the formation of images. Questions 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 tests your skills regarding types of mirrors.
- Question 12 and 13 are based on numerical that analyze your reasoning skills.
- By solving NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 15 extra questions, you will become more confident to sit in exams.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 15
- The actual benefit of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 15 is that it makes you familiar with the pattern of the examination.
- A quick solution to any problem can be identified by Instasolv Solutions for class 7.
- The entire team at Instasolv is continuously producing the best of study tips.
Always study keeping in mind the above most important tips. Your success is guaranteed by this examination if you plan that way. The entire team of Instasolv wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.