NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 16 – Water: A Precious Resource
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 16 covers a very important and critical topic ‘Water: A Precious Resource’. CBSE Class 7 Science Chapter 16 includes details about groundwater, the significance of water resources in our lives, how it is getting depleted and the things that we can do to save this resource.
The NCERT solutions for class 7 science chapter 16 have explained all the answers of 9 questions given at the last of the chapter. By having a complete set of solutions that cover different kinds of questions from true and false statements to short and long answer type questions amongst others, the subject matter experts at Instasolv bring for you an avenue to get help and improve your scoring in the CBSE Science exam.
All you have to do is take the help from NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 16 to practice the exercises on a regular basis. Even the revision notes can guide you to revise smartly just before your exams. All the solutions are written as per the CBSE exam pattern which will make it easier for you to prepare for your exams.
NCERT Class 7 Science Chapter 16- Summary
CBSE Class 7 Science NCERT Chapter 16 discusses the distribution of water on Earth. Out of the 3% of Freshwater, only 1% is accessible by humans. It is through the process of the water cycle that water levels are maintained on Earth and continuously replenished. Groundwater is an important source of water as it is used as drinking water, for irrigation, industrial purposes etc.
However, water resources like groundwater are depleting due to the following reasons: Population growth, rapid industrialization, deforestation, ineffective agricultural practices and climate change to name a few key reasons. According to the chapter, the need of the hour is water management and adoption of techniques like water harvesting and drip irrigation. Along with that, this chapter also shares the tips to conserve water in our own little way.
Things to Remember from NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 16
For your convenience and easy understanding, we are listing down a few things that you must remember from Chapter 16- Water: A Precious Resource to answer questions related to this chapter with confidence.
- 71% of Earth’s surface is water. Water on Earth is found in lakes, rivers, oceans, in the atmosphere, ice caps etc.
- Different forms of water are:
~Solid form of water in the form of ice/snow.
~Liquid form of water which is found in lakes, rivers, oceans and underground.
~Gaseous form of water that is found in the Earth’s atmosphere.
- The process of the water cycle is explained below-
~The water from the lakes, oceans, rivers etc. evaporates due to the heat of the sun.
~The water vapor in the atmosphere condenses into water droplets to form clouds in the sky.
~Once the droplets get heavy, these fall on the ground in the form of rainfall through the process of precipitation.
~This rainfall water again replenishes the water bodies and groundwater.
~In this way, the cycle continues.
- Some tips which can help you save water in your very own way are:
~One should always close the taps when not in use especially while brushing teeth or washing the face.
~Do not allow water taps to leak, repair them immediately.
~Make the habit of watering plants in the morning or evening.
~Use a bucket of water for a bath instead of taking a shower.
Class NCERT Science Chapter 16 teaches us that water is an extremely precious resource on which not only humans but plants, animals and every other organism on Earth is dependent. Therefore, conserving it through all means possible is our prime responsibility and we should take this matter seriously. We owe it to the Earth to conserve all its natural resources like water and to fight the problem of water depletion tooth and nail.
Exercise-wise Discussion for NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 6
- Exercise question 1 is based on tricky true and false statements based on the concept of the chapter. Question no. 2,3 and 4 are based on groundwater and tube-wells. Question no. 5 is based on the water table.
- Question no. 6,7 and 8 are one-word answers that will test your understanding regarding the concept of the chapter.
- Question no. 9 is based on the sketch of groundwater and water tables.
- Istasolv’s solutions for NCERT Class 7 Science Chapter 6 will make you confident for appearing in CBSE examination as it provides the same pattern as per CBSE.
Why should you use NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 16 by Instasolv?
- With NCERT Solutions, you will be able to answer all types of questions especially the tricky True and False Statements or One Word Answers carefully;
- The solutions provided by us at Instasolv not only have answers to regular Shorts and Long Answer Questions related to Chapter 16 but also have drawing and labeling questions which make the exercises more appealing;
- Along with that, everything is so precisely and comprehensively explained that all your doubts will be cleared when you will be learning the chapter itself.
The majority of you must be scared of the Science subject because there are so many concepts to understand, definitions to learn and diagrams to retain. But you can easily tackle the level of difficulty of CBSE Class 7 Science examinations if you have added NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science to your references.
Providing you simplistic solutions to NCERT Textbook exercises and quick revision notes for class 7 science water extra questions in the form of points to remember, the NCERT solutions from Instasolv are extremely fruitful for Class 7.