NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 2 – Nutrition in Animals
The NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 2 deals with a very important topic called ‘Nutrition in Animals’. The chapter 2 of NCERT solutions for class 7 Science is divided into various parts that will help you understand how animals and humans consume food for nourishment, functioning, and growth of their bodies respectively. From the manner in which food intake is initiated in humans/animals to the way it is digested inside their bodies, everything has been covered in great detail in this NCERT chapter.
NCERT Science Class 7 Chapter 2 has 13 questions of different types such as fill in the blanks, match the following, one-word answers, state true or false, etc. to test your knowledge about the topics of the chapter. If you want to solve the NCERT questions of the chapter with confidence and you are keen to make proper use of your study time, then NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 2 by Instasolv are a must for you.
Our Class 7 Science experts devise the Solutions for each NCERT Chapter 2 question to offer accurate yet detailed answers to you. With CBSE Class 7 Science NCERT Solutions for Chapter 2, you can surely grasp the fundamental concepts of Nutrition in Animals effectively.
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 2 Nutrition in Animals: Summary
CBSE NCERT Class 7 Science Chapter 2 ‘Nutrition in Animals’ starts by restating the point that plants make their own food through photosynthesis but the animals and humans consume plants or other animals for their nourishment and growth.
After discussing the different modes of food intake like chewing, sucking, swallowing, etc., digestion inside the body of the human beings is elaborated with the help of diagrams and functions of each organ of the human digestive system is explained.
Digestion in the grass-eating animals like cows (also known as ruminants) and in Amoeba has been explained thoroughly in Chapter 2. Grass eating animals swallow their food directly, which is then digested partially in the rumen and is converted into cud. The cud then returns to the mouth and the animal then chews the food.
On the other hand, single-cell organism Amoeba intakes food through the pseudopodia and secretes digestive enzymes to digest the food. Finally, it absorbs that food and secretes waste products out of its body.
Things to Remember from NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 2
Here are some points that you must remember from Chapter 2 Nutrition in Animals. You can also go through these while revising the chapter before your final examination.
- Animals are classified into the following on the basis of their eating habits:
- Herbivores: Plant eating animals.
- Carnivores: Animals that eat other animals and do not consume plants.
- Omnivores: Animals as well as human beings who eat both animals and plants.
- Parasite: Animals that get their nourishment from other organisms by living either inside or outside their bodies.
- The process of nutrition consists of other complex processes like ingestion, digestion, absorption, assimilation, and egestion.
- The human digestive system consists of the buccal cavity, oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, and anus.
- Secretive juices for digestion in human beings are secreted by the liver and pancreas.
- Types of teeth: molars, premolars, canines, and incisors.
- Grass-eating animals are ruminants due to their unique eating pattern. These directly swallow the grass, store it in the rumen and later on the food returns to the mouth for final consumption.
- Amoeba ingests its food using pseudopodia and digests it in the food vacuole.
Discussion on Class 7 Science NCERT Solutions for Chapter 2 Nutrition in Animals
- Class 7 NCERT Science Chapter 2 drives across the essential fact that both consumption and digestion of food are different in plants, animals and human beings.
- At the end of the chapter, you will find different kinds of questions to test your knowledge regarding Nutrition in Animals and human beings.
- There are more than 5 short answer type questions related to topics like villi, bile, glucose, carbohydrate digestion by ruminants, the difference between human beings and amoeba.
- Apart from these, there are questions like fill in the blanks, true and false statements and match the following to ensure you revise the chapter thoroughly.
- Correctly label the diagram is another question which enables you to know the human digestive system by heart.
- All these NCERT questions for Class 7 Science NCERT Chapter 2 also test your understanding of the food intake and digestive process along with functions of various parts of the body are essential to make your fundamentals strong to further understand other complex processes of animal/human bodies.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 2 Nutrition in Animals by Instasolv
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 2 are very important for CBSE exams.
- Without solving the NCERT questions you will not be able to get rid of your queries regarding the essential concepts of the chapter.
- NCERT Solutions will help you in practicing important diagrams of the chapter as per the CBSE syllabus.
- Finding all concepts, explanations, and answers at one place would ensure that you save time and prepare the chapter in a relaxed manner.
- Our subject matter experts for Class 7 Science have created detailed solutions for you for his chapter that will help you find answers to the important questions.
- You can use our NCERT Solutions during revision time
- Our experts’ advice keeping a separate notebook for diagrams related to the digestive system, different types of teeth, etc. for a better understanding of the chapter.
Easy-to-understand language and concise solutions to all exercises given to you by our team offer you an excellent opportunity to remain well-prepared at all times. The USP of NCERT Solutions for Chapter 2 of the Class 7 Science textbook is that these can make even a boring topic interesting and enticing for you.