NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 3 – Fibre to Fabric
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric will help you prepare all the topics of the chapter as per CBSE syllabus. The chapter elaborately describes the manner in which fabric such as wool and silk are produced through different production processes. While wool is produced from animals like sheep, goat or yak, silk is produced from silkworms.
CBSE NCERT Class 7 Science Chapter 3 starts with an introduction of fibre and fabric and covers essential fabrics like wool and silk in two separate sections to allow you to get an in-depth understanding of the topic. There are around 16 questions at the end of this chapter that you must solve. The NCERT questions of the chapter will help you anticipate the kind of questions that can be asked in the CBSE exams. Preparing NCERT Solutions for the chapter will also help you understand all the topics effectively.
Our subject matter experts have drafted NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 3 that can help you along the process of solving NCERT questions for the chapter. Whether it is labelling a diagram correctly or solving the crossword puzzle given at the end of the chapter, we have answered all the questions systematically. Plus, the language of the solutions is simple which ensures that you understand the fundamental concepts in a clear manner.
Important topics for NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 3
As the name suggests, the Chapter ‘Fibre to Fabric’ describes the meaning of fibre which is thin, thread-like strands from which cloth/fabric is produced. There are two kinds of fibre: Natural fibre like wool, silk etc., and Man-made fibre like rayon, nylon etc. In this chapter, natural fibres obtained from animals have been dealt with.
The description of the production of wool and silk has been captured in a very fascinating manner. After discussing the animals that yield wools depending on the quality of the wool and Indian states where the animals are found, the entire wool production is described in a step by step process.
Silkworms, the different types of silk and the entire lifecycle of silk moth have also been elaborated in this chapter. The process of rearing silkworms from the cocoons is also described in a comprehensive manner in this chapter.
Let us Revise Class 7 Science Chapter 3 of NCERT Textbook Real Quick
- Filaments/threads which are long and continuous and obtained from animals are called fibres.
- Animal and plant fibres are two kinds of essential fibres.
- Wool obtained from goats, sheep etc. and silk obtained from silkworms- both are two kinds of animal fibres.
- Wool is processed in the following manner-
- Sheared hairs from the animals are washed and cleaned through the scouring process.
- Cleaned hairs are sorted in accordance with their texture and combed into a sheet and then finally twisted into a rope.
- The rope (also known as silver) is twisted into a yarn which is then wound to form balls of wool.
- Fibres of silk are separated out from the cocoons and then reeled into threads. These threads are weaved into silk cloth by silk weavers.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 3 by Instasolv
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 3 by Instasolv will help you visualize each and every process of fabric production in an easy manner thus making the entire chapter easy to understand for you.
- Instead of rote learning, NCERT Solutions will provide you with a medium to learn by practising questions.
- We have answered all the questions of the chapter so that you do not have any doubts.
- All our NCERT Solutions are as per CBSE exam pattern so you can rely on them without thinking twice.
Discussion on NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 3
- Exercise question 1, 2 and 3 are based on one-word answers related to wool and silk which will analyse your understanding about the concept of the chapter.
- Question 4 examines your response on the terminology based on the types of fibre.
- Question 5 consists of a missing sequence of steps whereas question 6 and 7 are based on the concept of Silk.
- Question 8 consists of two columns in which one has to match the correct answer. Question 9 tests your reasoning skills and overall understanding of the chapter.
- These questions will improve your level of confidence and increase your understanding of the concepts.
How can you make the best use of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 3- Fibre to Fabric?
Since Fibre to Fabric is comparatively an easier chapter in the Class 7 CBSE science syllabus, you can very well get good marks if questions are asked from this chapter. All you have to do is make the best use of the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 3. Here is how you can do so exactly:
- Read the chapter thoroughly. Remember reading the chapter more than once can clear doubts which arise while reading the chapter for the very first time.
- The processes of fabric production and diagrams associated with those processes can be jotted down while studying the chapter for better understanding.
- While solving the questions of Chapter 3, we advise you to refer to the NCERT solutions as and when required to improve your answer writing skills.
- During your revision time, you can just go through the points to remember from Chapter 3 and prepare yourself appropriately.