NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5 – Acids, Bases and Salts
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5 – Acids, Bases and Salt are meticulously prepared by our Science teachers and subject matter experts. We have prepared the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science from scratch in a way that covers all the information about the chapter. This chapter has 11 questions that will help you in preparing the concepts of the chapter well.
CBSE Class 7 Science NCERT Chapter 5 includes topics like natural indicators, neutralization, acidic and basic substances. By solving the NCERT exercises of Chapter 5, you will learn about all these topics. We not only provide class 7 science chapter 5 question-answers but also the correct solutions to extended learning exercises in the chapter. Our NCERT solutions will make it easier for you to prepare this chapter for your exams.
Preparing NCERT Solutions for Science chapters in Class 7 is a good practice as it helps you identify difficult topics. It also gives you an idea of what kind of questions can be asked in the exams as CBSE exams are completely based on NCERT books. We have discussed all the important topics of the CBSE Class 7 Science NCERT Chapter 5 below for your better understanding. We have provided solutions to all the NCERT exercises of chapter 5 for your in-depth learning.
Important Topic for NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5
Acids and Bases
The first part of Class 7 Science NCERT Chapter 5 describes acids and bases. Acids and bases are two unlike materials available all around us. They can be certainly found or formed through chemical reactions.
Acids and Bases Release Ions when Dissolved in Water
Acids are materials that release H+ ions when they are saluted in water. On the other hand, bases are the materials that release OH- ions when saluted in water. Knowledge of acids and bases are used to define the pH level and acid-base reactions.
It is significant to learn about them as they are very much important for the numerous environmental phenomena. They also help us in preserving the pH level of the human body as well as the manufacturing of several notable products.
Coming on to the significance of materials like acids and bases for humans, it can be said that they help us in the proper regulation of blood and digestion of food in our body. Also, for the proper functioning of kidneys, lungs, and other main organs of our body, we need diverse types of acids or bases or sometimes a combination of both the materials.
You must understand what are natural indicators for preparing the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5 correctly. Natural indicators are the indicators that are available around us and are used to define whether a substance is acidic or basic.
Natural indicators also have basic or acidic properties. Some of the basic natural indicators around us include broccoli, sweet almond, beer, walnuts, eggplant, prawns and mussels et al. All these naturally occurring materials have the properties of a base. They have a pH level of more than 7. Acidic natural indicators around us are apple juice, beetroot, Green tea, Orange, tomato, cherries, bananas, apricots, and many others.
In this part of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5, the process of neutralization is explained in detail. The natural phenomenon of neutralization is also mentioned. Neutralization is a type of reaction between an acid and a base and results in the formation of salt and water. There are four types of reactions that take place between Acid and a base. These are generally based on the deliberation of an Acid or a base.
In general, there are many circumstances when Acid and base reaction takes place. We don’t realize them but they are essential in our daily survival and are a part of our normal lives.
- The first use is the treatment of wasp’s sting;
- The second most common use is to get relief from the acidity of gastric issues.
Exercise-wise Discussion for NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5
- Solutions for NCERT Class 7 Science Chapter 5 will help you to get a deeper understanding of the chapter. This chapter contains short answer type and very short answer type questions. The NCERT Solutions are essential for you to get good marks in CBSE exam without taking any sort of burden. Here is a quick discussion of the exercise questions:
- The first exercise of chapter 5 provided in our NCERT Class 7 Science Solutions for Chapter 5 discusses the basic concepts of acids and bases. The exercise is concentrated on the meaning or explanation of Acids and Bases in the scientific terms.
- The second exercise of CBSE Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5 focuses on the natural indicators of acids and bases available around us. In this exercise, we will talk over certainly occurring indicators that can tell about the properties of a material.
- The third exercise of NCERT Class 7 Science Solutions for Chapter 5 Acid Bases and Salts is related to the reactions of acid and basis or we can also refer to it as the neutralization reaction. There is a discussion of the vital aspects of the neutralization reaction in this chapter.
- The fourth exercise of Chapter 5 ‘Acid, Base and Salt’ is based on the uses of neutralization reaction occurring in our daily lives.
- Exercise 6 and 11 of the chapter are objective questions.
- The rest of the exercise questions are the long-answer type questions that require a thorough understanding of the concepts of the chapter such as natural indicators, nature of solutions and neutralization process.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science from Instasolv
- At Instasolv, our main aim is to provide you with the high-quality NCERT Solutions Chapter 5 that will clear all your doubts and will help you excel in CBSE exams with reliable NCERT Class 7 Science Chapter 5 extra questions within.
- We have the best Science teachers of India who prepare the NCERT Solutions as per the latest CBSE exam pattern and guidelines
- Our solutions will prove helpful for you to score high marks if you study them step by step
- Our NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 5 are accurate and easy to understand