NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 5 – Data Handling
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 5 ‘Data Handling’ are essential to solving the associated problems of the chapter with ease. CBSE class 8 maths chapter 5 will help you understand topics like raw data, frequency distribution, histogram, pie chart, probability and applications of probability. There are 3 exercises in this chapter of NCERT Solutions and a total of 16 questions that we will solve.
Data handling is an important concept which will help you understand the basics of how data is gathered, organized and how patterns are devised from that organized data. Solving NCERT questions of this chapter will help you check whether you have understood all the concepts or not. These solutions will also help you solve all your doubts related to the chapter in minutes.
In Chapter 5, we have included the various forms of depiction like tables, charts, diagrams to give you an easy route to understand the topics. We have provided stepwise solutions for all the NCERT exercises of the chapter so that you can prepare well for your CBSE exams. But first, take a look at all the important topics of the chapter and then start solving the NCERT exercises.
Important Contents of Class 8 Maths Chapter 5- Data Handling
Chapter 5 of Class 8 Maths teaches about the data, its importance, and how to organize and collate it apart from how to present and to interpret it.
You will be introduced to the concepts of probability, and the differences between chance and probability with the help of simple and daily life events as examples. The concept of randomness is taught with examples of strings, dice and coins.
Exercise Discussion for NCERT Class 8 Maths Chapter 5
The questions in the exercises range from- when to select a histogram to depict a data, how to make a frequency table with intervals, how to draw a pie chart for a given data, how to interpret data presented in a chart or graph.
- Exercise 5.1 of the chapter explains what data is and how to look for it. The narrative moves on to organizing the collected data, how to organize it and then represent that in various formats like Pie Diagram, Bar Diagram, Double Bar Diagrams and Charts etc.
- In exercise 5.2, you are given pie charts. You need to interpret the data and hence solve the questions. You are also required to create a pie chart based on the data given to you.
- Exercise 5.3 is all about probability and its applications. It deals with concepts like chances of getting a particular result, equally likely outcomes, outcomes as events, chances and probability related to real life.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 5 by Instasolv
- The NCERT Solutions for Chapter – Data Handling provides you with the logical steps to each of the questions given at the end of the chapter.
- Apart from the solutions to the NCERT textbook questions and the exercises concerned, you can find various study materials for class 8 maths.
- Our NCERT solutions adhere to the latest class 8 maths CBSE syllabus and exam pattern so you can rely on them completely for exam preparation.
- All the Maths NCERT solutions for Class 8 chapter 5 are prepared in a structured manner so that you can understand the problem-solving process easily.
How to Make Best Use of NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter – Data Handling?
- a) Understand each concept clearly. If the textbook or class lectures have not answered your doubts, refer to our NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 5- Data Handling
- b) Solve every question of the chapter more than once to clearly understand and remember the steps in proper order
- c) Verify your workings with those provided in our guide
- d) Note the differences, if any, and ensure to redo the problems where the differences are observed
- e) This step will ensure that you have not committed any fundamental mistake