NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 – Squares and Square Roots
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 Squares and Square Roots will solve your doubts regarding this chapter of NCERT Solutions. This chapter dealing with squares and square roots and is one of the main 16 chapters of CBSE class 8 maths syllabus.
In this chapter, you will learn qhat are square number, some properties of square numbers, patterns, finding the square of a number, finding the square root of a number using factorization and division method, and finding square roots of decimals.
NCERT Solutions for Squares and Square Roots is a step-wise explanation of all the 31 questions of the 4 exercises of the chapter. Prepared by our expert maths teachers, these solutions ensure that you have no doubts in the chapter. Our teachers have taken care to provide solutions to each of the questions of the chapter with the explanatory notes for most of the steps in solving the problem for better understanding. This guide gives you exercise-wise solutions for the chapter.
Important Points for NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6- Squares and Square Roots
Chapter 6 of Class 8 Maths deals with the ratios, percentages, roots of numbers among other things. This chapter is subdivided into 13 sections, with each subsequent section teaching the extensions of the previous section. The topics covered in this chapter include:
The first subsection provides a clear introduction into numbers, types of numbers, features and characteristics of different number types and also how to recognize them. Section 2 of the chapter is devoted to making you aware of the square numbers, their properties etc. It further explains the various patterns observable in square numbers and how to extract the square of a number in further subsections.
Another interesting thing that is contained in chapter 6 is about Pythagorean numbers. These numbers have a specific relationship and that is explained with the help of examples. You are further exposed to the concept of deriving square roots through diverse methods such as repeated subtractions, factorization and division etc.
Exercise-wise Discussion of NCERT Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 has 4 exercises with a total of 31 questions. The first exercise questions include identifying unit digits of squares of numbers, finding missing numbers in a pattern of numbers and adding up the easy way.
- Exercise 6.2 contains questions like finding Pythagorean numbers when one number is given, identifying perfect and imperfect square numbers, finding roots by repeated subtraction method and prime factorization method.
- Exercise 6.3 includes questions about finding square roots, finding perfect square and a few word problems.
- Exercise 6.4 is based on finding the square root of a number based on division method and finding square roots of decimal numbers.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 by Instasolv
- We at Instasolv understand that the subject of maths can be better mastered through rigorous practice of exercises and problems.
- Our NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6 – Squares and Square Roots provide the requisite materials to help you achieve that mastery.
- The NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 6- Squares and Square Roots provides sequential steps and logical methods at solving the problems of maths.
- All the questions of the chapter have been given solutions with a detailed explanation of each step, wherever necessary, to make it simple and easy for you.