NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 – Comparing Quantities
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 – Comparing Quantities are provided by the subject matter experts at Instasolv. These solutions strictly follow the latest edition of NCERT books, and CBSE approved syllabus, which is important for your exams. You can refer to these NCERT Solutions any time you have doubts in this chapter.
There are 3 exercises and 28 questions in this chapter. Some of the important topics that you will study in this chapter are ratio, percentage, basic conversion from ratio to percentage and vice versa, and finding a discount. These topics are also important from the exam point of view.
NCERT Solutions for Class8 by Instasolv experts are much beneficial for your exams. The methods used while solving the questions are strictly in consideration of CBSE exams. We have provided stepwise answers for all the exercises that will also help you in your revision.
Important Points for NCERT Solution for Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 – Comparing Quantities
In your daily life, you often come across many situations, in which you try measuring and comparing quantities. Comparisons are drawn amongst several activities, such as height, weight and speed etc. NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 – Comparing Quantities is related to all those methods to compare the various quantities.
It is important to note that any two quantities can only be compared when they are the same. For example, the age of a particular person can’t be compared to the height of another person. The reference point should always be common. And also, there should be a standard measure for comparing quantities.
To understand this chapter, a few basic things have to be made clear. Some of them are Ratio, Percentage, Basic Conversion from Ratio to Percentage and from Percentage to Ratio, finding Increase and Decrease in any Value, finding Discount, finding Price, and Compound Interest and et al.
This lesson of Class 8 Maths is entirely based on how you have understood the concept of Ratio, Percentage, finding Increase and Decrease, finding Discount, etc., in your earlier class. So, prior to attempting the questions relating to comparing quantities, refresh the basic formulae related to these chapters. This technique will save you time. It will also help you cover your entire syllabus at the earliest.
Exercise-wise discussion for NCERT Class 8 Maths Chapter 8- Comparing Quantities
- Exercise 8.1 consists of 6 questions that will test your understanding regarding ratios and percentages.
- Exercise 8.2 has 10 questions based on market prices, S.P, C.P.
- Exercise 8.3 comprises 12 questions that will test your reasoning skills about Compound interest and discounts.
- All exercises have been solved step by step so as to make it easy to understand.
About NCERT Solution for Class 8 Maths Chapter 8 by Instasolv
- The subject matter experts at Instasolv are regularly working to serve you with the best solution to the answers.
- We always promote learning which will have a lifetime impact on your learning
- We believe that each student has the same capability to retain things provided they are guided in the right direction. The solutions are given in a way that anyone can easily understand them
The entire team of Instasov is always there for you to guide. We believe that due to lack of proper guidance many of you fail to achieve your targets every time. We would also suggest you try solving all the previous year questions for honing yourself. By doing so, you will get a clear picture of what type of questions are being asked in the examination.