NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14- Chemical Effects of Electric Current
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 – Chemical Effects of Electric Current is an important study material for CBSE Class 8 students. Chemical Effects of Electric Current have been prepared according to the latest syllabus guidelines given by CBSE. The main topics covered in CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 are how liquids conduct electricity, electric circuit, chemical effects of electric current, electroplating and applications of electroplating.
There are 12 questions in total that we have solved in our NCERT Solutions. These solutions enable you to build a strong conceptual base for learning more difficult concepts. NCERT Solutions for Chapter 14 provides easy to understand and highly accurate solutions for the questions mentioned in the textbook.
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter – Chemical Effects of Electric Current make learning and revising an easy and more effective process. They have been specially designed to make learning an interesting, interactive and stimulating process so that you enjoy learning. They are just what you need to score high marks in CBSE exams.
NCERT Class 8 Science Chapter 14
The introduction of CBSE NCERT Class 8 Science Chapter 14 tells you that metals are good conductors and non-metals are bad conductors of electricity. It teaches you all about an electric circuit.
This chapter deals with various important topics. Some of them have been listed below.
- Do Liquids Conduct Electricity?
This part of the CBSE NCERT Class 8 Science Chapter 14 asks you to assemble an electricity tester which can detect the flow of weak currents. This tester made up of magnetic coil and LEDs is then used for detecting current flow through various solutions like tap water, vinegar, lemon juice, distilled water etc. Through this experiment, it teaches you about how different liquids conduct electricity. It further tells you that salts dissolved in water make it a good conductor of current. In fact, most liquids that are good conductors of electricity are solutions of acids bases or salts.
- Chemical Effects of Electric Current
This part of the NCERT Class 8 Science Chapter 14 tells that chemical reaction to take place on the passage of an electric current through a conducting solution. The resulting effects are called chemical effects of currents. Class 8 Science Chemical Effects of Electric Current introduces the term electrode to you. They are the terminals, through which electricity passes through a solution and gives rise to some chemical changes in the conducting solution. The chemical changes may be visible changes such as bubbling (evolution of gas), deposition of metals, and change of solution colour. This section also teaches you in detail about electrolytes.
This part of the CBSE NCERT Class 8 Science Chapter 14 says that the principle and technique of depositing a layer of desired metal on another metal by means of electricity is called electroplating. It is one of the most common applications of chemical effects of electric current. NCERT CBSE Class 8 Science Chapter 14 tells that this process is widely used in industries, gold and silver plating of pieces of jewellery, covering iron cans with tin metal for storing food, zinc coating on iron items for making buildings and for building bridge structures.
NCERT CBSE Class 8 Science Chapter 14: Exercise-Discussion
This part of NCERT Class 8 Science Chapter 14 covers the whole chapter and consists of 12 questions. This part enables you to understand and remember the concepts learnt through practice. It also helps you develop appropriate analytical skills. NCERT Solutions for Class 8 is one of the best study materials available, as it provides a step-by-step explanation to every question given in the CBSE NCERT Class 8 Science Book.
The components of the questions are as follows:-
- Question 1 is fill in the blank type question asking you to utilize the terms learnt in the entire chapter for answering the questions.
- Questions 2 and 3 are based on the concept of using magnetic coils to check the flow of electricity through solutions and NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 – Chemical Effects of Electric Current Answers, these questions using best analytical skills.
- Question 4 covers the topic electric circuit, and it is a conceptual question.
- Question 5 of NCERT CBSE Class 8 Science Chapter 14 uses your higher-order thinking skills. To answer this question, you must have an apt understanding of the topic of conducting liquids.
- Questions 6 to 10 are conceptual questions. You need to apply your knowledge of the topic conducting liquid to answer these questions appropriately.
- Question no. 11 is a direct question and asks you to mention commonly electroplated things. It uses your memory skills.
- Question 12 brings to your attention to another use of chemical effects of electricity, that is the purification of metals. This uses your higher-order thinking skills to apply the concept to a related problem.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 – Chemical Effects of Electric Current gives you the solutions of the above questions in a stepwise manner with clarity.