NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 – Surface Areas and Volumes
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 will solve all your doubts related to the chapter. These solutions cover all the major topics of the chapter such as finding Surface Area and Volume of different three-dimensional objects like a cylinder, cone, sphere, cube and cuboids. NCERT Solutions for Class 9 maths chapter 13 has 9 sets of exercises and 75 questions. Solving these questions will be helpful because of three-dimensional solid objects daily in your life, such as a cylindrical pen holder, a rectangular truck case, or a cubical carton box.
NCERT Class 9 maths chapter 13 includes practical learning, which is the best method to gain any concept is. For instance, you can make a cube, a cuboid, and a cylinder using some glue, tape, and cardboard. If not possible, then you can find some objects which are suitable for such shape size. Now, with every question that you solve, you can use each of the respective shapes for practical understanding and better comprehensive solutions.
Instasolv provides high-quality NCERT solutions for class 9 maths chapter 13. We aim to provide the best questions & answers for chapter ‘surface area and volume’ class 9. Our team works consistently to facilitate the learners with the problems that might be asked in the exams. Our professionals are well-versed in maths subject, and they know exactly what a student expects from a good learning book. Hence, they have designed the solutions accordingly.
Topics Covered Under NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 13
So far, in the previous chapters, you have been dealing with figures that can be easily drawn on your notebooks and blackboards. These are called plane figures. You have learned that what are squares, rectangles, triangles, and circles and how to calculate their area and perimeter.
In CBSE class 9 NCERT maths chapter 13, you will get to study Surface Area and Volume of any solid of the three-dimensional objects. To measure the Surface Area and Volume of any solid object, there are specific formulas. You will understand the formulas in this chapter and also the construction of these formulas.
In everyday life, we come across many solid items. Almost every object around us is three-dimensional. The study table that you use, the bed that you sleep in, your cupboards your pencil, or and even your books, all are three-dimensional. These things have a specific Surface Area and Volume, and through this NCERT chapter, we will learn how to calculate it.
|Object’s Name||Total Surface Area||Curved Surface Area||Volume|
|Cuboid||2(lb + bh + hl)||2h(l+b)||l × b × h|
|Right Circular Cylinder||2πr(r + h)||2πrh||πr2h|
|Cone||πr(l + r)||πrl||⅓ πr2h|
Key points to remember for NCERT Solutions Chapter 13 for Class 9
- Surface Area is the outer part of the uppermost layer of something.
- Volume is the amount of space that a substance or an object occupies.
- A Cube is a symmetrical three-dimensional shape that has six equal sides.
- A cuboid is solid which has six rectangular faces at right angles to each other
- A Cylinder is a solid geometrical figure with straight parallel sides and circular or oval cross-section.
- A cone is a three-dimensional geometric shape that tapers from the flat base to the point of apex or vertex
- A Sphere is a geometrical object in three-dimensional space that is the surface of a ball.
- A Hemisphere is the half of a Sphere.
Explanation of Exercises of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 13
- In the first exercise, you will practice the formulas of the Surface Area of a Cube and Cuboid.
- In the second exercise, you will learn the formula of the Total Surface Area and Curved Surface Area of a Cylinder.
- In the third exercise, you will practice the questions of the Curved Surface Area of a Cone and Total Surface Area of a Cone.
- The fourth exercise is about the Surface Area of a Sphere. You will also learn the Curved Surface Area of a Hemisphere and the Total Surface Area of a Hemisphere.
- The fifth exercise includes the question about the Volume of a Cube and a Cuboid.
- In the sixth exercise, you will practice the questions based on the Volume of a Cylinder.
- The seventh exercise includes the problems based on the Volume of Cone and its properties.
- The eighth exercise will help you in practising the questions of the Volume of a Sphere and Volume of a Hemisphere.
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Maths Chapter 13 by Instasolv
- Instasolv is a group of professionals who claim to have expertise in facilitating the students and learners with the best of study material.
- We provide step-by-step NCERT solutions for class 9 maths chapter 13.
- Our NCERT solutions are based on CBSE exam pattern and guidelines.
- Through this chapter of Surface Area and Volume, we wish to clear all doubts about the topics.
- Our aim is to make the learner practice through these exercises, which are given at the end of each sub-topic.
- Other than the NCERT solutions, we also provide with solved-examples for you to understand the theory better.