NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Chapter 1 – Matter in Our Surroundings
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Chapter 1 ‘Matter in Our Surroundings’ are prepared to provide special emphasis on the fundamentals of the Chapter. NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Chapter 1 includes the basic definitions of matter, states of matter, properties of each state and detailed information about the different temperature scales. In this chapter, we will study various properties of matter, density, compressibility, fluidity and liquefaction.
NCERT Class 9 Science Chapter 1 has a total of 26 unsolved questions. These include short questions, reasoning questions and numerical questions regarding the conversion of temperature from one scale to another along with long answer questions. These Solutions will help you revise the concepts of matter which we have already learned in our previous Classes and along with the new concepts that are introduced in Class 9.
Science subject matter experts at Instasolv have created the Solutions to help you solve all your doubts about the Chapter easily. All these Solutions are as per the CBSE exam pattern for Class 9. You can match your answers with these Solutions and learn how to write perfect answers in the exams that will help you fetch good marks in the subject.
Important Topics of NCERT Class 9 Science Solutions for Chapter 1 Matter in Our Surroundings
Matter and its different states
CBSE Class 9 Science Chapter 1 talks about the matter, its definition and the different states in which matter exists. The basic three states of matter, namely – solid, liquid and gases are explained and their properties have been discussed in a detailed manner in this Chapter. Their rigidity, compressibility and particle space has been talked about along with examples from real life.
Celsius and Kelvin Scales of temperature
The two scales of temperature, the Celsius scale and the Kelvin scale, have been discussed in the Chapter. Their SI units and conversion methods from one scale to another have also been explained step by step in the Chapter.
Example: Conversion of 293 K temperature to Celsius scale
Solution: 293 K = (293 – 273) °C = 20 °C
Concepts about pressure and temperature
The phenomenon of changes in the states of matter depending upon the components of pressure, temperature and volume have been explained in the Chapter. The Impact on the particular space, absorption and release of energy and molecular motions has been dealt with in detail. The definition and role of density have also been discussed in the Chapter. The Chapter also has many reasoning questions which require you to use these concepts and derive answers to the situations derived from real-life happenings.
Exercise wise discussion of NCERT Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 1 Matter in Our Surroundings
- Chapter 1 of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Book comprises different kinds of exercises like short answer questions, reasoning questions, multiple-choice questions and many other figurative and analytical questions.
- These questions altogether aim at testing the fundamentals that you have learned in the Chapter and your skills to apply them.
- In the first few exercises of the Chapter, the questions test your observation skills. They trigger your reasoning ability and you need to pick out the answers accordingly.
- These include short answer reasoning questions that discuss the properties of matter and elements which qualify as matter.
- Further, the exercises of Chapter 1 of NCERT Class 9 Science, Matter in Our Surroundings, include numerical which test your analytical understanding of the concepts which have been covered in the Chapter.
- These concepts include temperature conversions from one scale to another. There are also diagram based questions which intend to develop your command on the different stages and process of change of state of water.
- All together the exercises test your analysis, understanding and application skills.
About NCERT Class 9 Science Chapter 1 Matter in Our Surroundings by Instasolv
- At Instasolv, we pay special emphasis on doubt clearance and ensure that the Solutions are compiled in a student-friendly manner.
- With our expert and experienced team of educators, we serve as a reliable medium for learning.
- The NCERT Class 9 Science Solutions have been prepared according to the latest CBSE syllabus. These solutions are 100% error-free and you can trust every solution without a doubt.
- Our NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science are an entire compilation of all the major components of the Chapter.
- A thorough reading of the Chapter will help you in revising and practising it, which in turn will help you gain good marks in your exams.
- We aim to guide you through your course of learning and prepare you to apply these concepts on any type of question which crosses your way.
- NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Chapter 1 Matter in Our Surroundings are free of cost.
The NCERT Solutions for Class 9 for Chapter 1 Matter in Our Surroundings by Instasolv is a step towards making learning a less hectic and interesting process for you. We have simplified the CBSE syllabus to ensure that you can easily grasp the topics which have been introduced in the Chapter. Our Solutions are framed in a fashion that will help you enjoy your course of learning and in the process.