NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Chapter 6 – Tissues
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Chapter 6 – Tissues introduces you to the utility and functioning of tissues in living organisms. Types of tissue, muscles, types of muscles and neurons are also discussed in detail in the chapter. There are numerous exercises in the chapter covering NCERT Solutions for class 9 that include diagrammatic questions, comparative analysis, descriptive questions, short answer questions and observational questions.
Class 9 Chapter 6 – Tissues contains 4 exercises and 25 questions in total. These questions deal with terms like the epidermis, parenchyma tissues, connective tissues, striated muscles, unstriated muscles etc.CBSE Class 9 NCERT Chapter 6 is a step above the basics of cells which we had learned in the previous classes. It tackles all the essential functioning of tissues and other body elements related to it. All the terms have been discussed below for your reference.
Important topics of NCERT Class 9 Science Solutions for Chapter 6 – Tissues
Tissue and Its Functions
The chapter introduces you to tissues which are actually a group of similar cells that are grouped and organized together. These tissues perform specific jobs. In the case of multicellular organisms, it is these tissues that perform life functions. Some of the functions of these tissues are respiration, excretion, movement and digestion. They are assigned at specific locations in our body to perform specific functions.
Plant tissue – Phloem
The chapter also deals with phloem. This tissue is found in plants and it manages food for the plant. It comprises of four components, namely – the sieve tube, the companion cells, the phloem parenchyma and the phloem fibres.
In NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Chapter 6 – Tissues, you will learn about neurons. These are a very essential part of our body. They are nerve cells which transmit impulses throughout our body. It is a complex structure with different parts. It has a cell body with a nucleus and cytoplasm. There are extensions called dendrites and axon attached to it. The axon of the neuron is a thread resembling structure which receives impulses. The axons carry the task of carrying nerve impulses away from the body whereas the dendrites receive the nerve impulses.
Types of Tissues
Different tissues carry away different tasks in our body. In this topic, we will learn about the two major types of tissues – the simple tissue and the complex tissue. Simple tissues only have single types of cells whereas complex tissues are made of more than one kind of cell.
Striated, Unstriated and Cardiac muscles
These are three types of muscles which are different from each other on the basis of their structure and their location. The striated muscles are cylindrical in shape and are not branched. The unstriated muscles are branched and are long in structure whereas the cardiac muscles are cylindrical and are also branched. In terms of location, the striated muscles are present in boy parts such as hands, legs and tongue, the unstriated muscles are present in the alimentary canal and the cardiac muscles, as the name suggests; are present in the heart.
Exercise-wise Discussion of NCERT Class 9 Solutions Chapter 6 – Tissues
- Science NCERT Class 9 Chapter 9 – Tissues has different types of exercises, designed to help you brush all your concepts in a thorough manner.
- There are questions which demand descriptive answers; some are directly based on the definitions tackled in the chapter.
- There are questions which require comparative analysis of the topics; some questions are based on your reasoning and observation skills as well.
- The exercised placed in the beginning help you revise the chapter from the start. They are theoretical questions based on your understanding of the fundamentals that have been discussed. There are descriptive questions which need to be supported with a diagram. It basically tests your overall knowledge of the chapter.
- Further, the exercises comprise of questions that require comparison and analysis, for example, the comparison between simple and complex tissues, parenchyma, collenchymas and sclerenchyma or between striated, unstriated and cardiac muscles.
- There are even questions that require one-word answers and some questions that include charts and visual representation.
About NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Chapter 6 – Tissues by Instasolv
- Our team of experts at Instasolv, pay special attention to doubt clearance.
- We ensure that all our solutions are presented in a simplified and detailed manner so that you do not struggle with your confusions and to prevent you from wasting time overlooking for various sources.
- The NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Chapter 6 – Tissues, has been prepared strictly according to the latest CBSE syllabus.
- We follow each and every guideline laid down by the CBSE syllabus.
- Our team has made sure that no corner of the chapter remains untouched. We have covered all the exercises of the chapter and pay emphasis on the major concepts and fundamentals of the chapter.
- Our NCERT solutions do not just aim at simplifying things for you, but they also intend to help you in getting the thorough practice of the chapter and get well prepared to use your acquired skills and confidence in your exams.
- The most important thing you should know about our remarkable NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Chapter 6 – Tissues, is that it is free of cost.