NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Chapter 7 – Diversity In Living Organisms
NCERT Class 9 Science Solutions for Chapter 7 Diversity in Living Organisms by Instasolv has been formulated to tackle all the essential topics that have been covered in the chapter of NCERT Solutions for Class 9. The chapter talks about the classification of living organisms, their range of variations, their characteristics and the different categories they have been placed in. This chapter talks about the variations in living organisms and the reasons behind their diverse functioning and grouping on the same basis.
The NCERT Chapter 7 of NCERT Class 9 Science Diversity in Living Organisms comprises of 7 exercises and 23 questions in total. These questions include long descriptive questions, short answer questions, reasoning questions and questions dealing with comparative analysis. By preparing the NCERT solutions for class 9 science chapter 7 you will learn about various animal categories like gymnosperms, angiosperms, Porifera, coelenterate, annelid and arthropods. It also discusses animal categories like gymnosperms and angiosperms.
Important Topics of NCERT Class 9 Science Solutions Chapter 7 Diversity in living organisms
Classification of organisms
The chapter discusses diversity in living organisms through their divisions into various categories. The classification of millions and millions of species present on planet earth was done to ensure that all of them could be easily studied in groups. These organisms are classified on the basis of their habitat and the kinds of cells they are made of. On the basis of their cell orientation, living organisms are categorized as eukaryotic and prokaryotic.
The chapter also sheds light on the concept of primitive organisms. They are also known as lower organisms. They are called so because of their body structure and features which have not significantly evolved over time. A simple example of this could be of an amoeba. The amoeba has a simple body structure which has basic features as compared to the body structure of a starfish. Therefore an amoeba is known as a primitive or a lower organism.
Pteridophyta and Phanerogams
Pteridophyta is producers of naked spores and has a less differentiated reproductive system whereas Phanerogams are producers of seeds and they have a well developed reproductive system. Ferns, marsilea and Equisdteum are examples of Pteridophya whereas Pinus, Cycas and fir are examples of Phanerogams.
Division of Plantae
There is a separate kingdom of living organisms which is termed as “Plantae” and it has five major divisions in itself. These divisions include
These categories have been divided on account of the differentiation in their body
structure. Further, the plants that have a well-differentiated body structure are divided
into categories on the basis of the presence or absence of vascular tissues. The one
with the presence of these vascular tubes is further divided on the presence or absence
of seed formation. These are further divided on the factor whether their seeds are naked
or whether they are enclosed inside the fruits. These divisions are complex but form the
basics of the Plantae kingdom and its components.
Exercise wise discussion of NCERT Class 9 Solutions Chapter 7 Diversity in Living Organisms
- The first few exercises of NCERT Solutions class 9 science chapter 7 are simple theoretical questions which test your general understanding of the chapter.
- The questions ask about the classifications of organisms and the need to classify them.
- They also discuss the fundamentals which serve as the basis of this categorization and examples of the various and diverse categories.
- Further, the questions involve one-word answers about the placement of different organisms in their respective categories.
- There are questions which involve comparative analysis like the comparison between Porifera and coelenterate, annelid and arthropods or between amphibians and reptiles.
- There are also questions which require long and descriptive answers along with examples to support them.
- Some NCERT questions also require you to draw charts and tables to express the divisions of species and their placement.
About NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Chapter 7 Diversity in living organisms by Instasolv
- Our team at Instasolv properly explained in our NCERT Solutions for Class 9 chapter 7 Diversity in Living Organisms.
- We have framed our NCERT solutions in an easy to understand and student-friendly language, in order to free you from the struggles of looking around for various platforms to get the right assistance.
- Under our guidance, we make sure that all your needs for preparing the lesson and scoring good in CBSE exams are fulfilled.
- Our NCERT solutions for class 9 science chapter 7 are framed according to the latest CBSE syllabus for class 9 and strictly follow all the guidelines presented by the board.
- The most remarkable point about our NCERT solutions is that they are free to access and learn.