RD Sharma Class 10 Chapter 4 Solutions (Triangles)
RD Sharma Class, 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 4 ‘Triangles’ have covered each and every topic of the chapter in an easy to understand language and a step by step manner. The important concepts covered in this chapter are Meaning of a Triangle, Similarity Criteria of a Triangle, proof of Pythagoras Theorem, Converse of Pythagoras theorem and relevant examples and problems related to triangles. This chapter gives you an in-depth insight into the fundamentals of a triangle and related concepts.
This chapter consists of 7 exercises in total with about 46 questions that comprehensively cover all topics and sub-topics of the chapter. Our RD Sharma Solutions give you a good amount of practice to help you quickly and effectively become thorough with the chapter. They cover a wide range of question types important from exam point of view.
Our RD Sharma Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 4-Triangles clear all your doubts and help you build a profound conceptual foundation to learn more difficult topics in higher classes. These are to the point, and hundred per cent accurate and help you score excellently in your Class 10 Maths board exams.
Class 10 Maths Triangles
Class 10 Maths Triangles comprises of various significant concepts. Some of them have been discussed below.
- Meaning Triangle
This section teaches you the meaning and various attributes of a triangle.
- Types of Triangles
This part of the chapter discusses various types of triangles which are based on the length of sides in a triangle and based on the angles of a triangle. On the basis the angles in a triangle, triangles can be classified into the acute-angled triangle, right-angle triangle and obtuse angle triangle. On the basis of the length of the sides of a triangle, triangles can be classified into the scalene triangle, isosceles triangle and equilateral triangle.
- Centres of the Triangles
This section of RD Sharma Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 4-Triangles, explains the centres of triangles and how they are formed. You will be taught about the incenter of a triangle, circumcenter of a triangle, the orthocenter of a triangle, and the centroid of a triangle. These concepts are well explained with relevant examples.
- Congruent Vs. Similar Figures
This portion of the chapter teaches you about the difference between congruent and similar figures. This will be discussed with the help of angles, sides, relevant examples, detailed explanation, and symbols.
- Similarity of Triangles
In this part, you will be taught how two triangles have the same corresponding angles and how two triangles have corresponding sides in the same proportion. Here you will understand the similarity of triangles on the basis of 4 criteria given below.
- Side-Side- Side (SSS) Similarity Criterion
- Angle Angle Angle (AAA) Similarity Criterion
- Angle-Angle (AA) Similarity Criterion
- Side-Angle-Side (SAS) Similarity Criterion
All the above criteria are explained with relevant examples and in details.
- Basic Proportionality Theorem
In this section, you are taught the Basic Proportionality Theorem that states if in a given Triangle a line is drawn parallel to any of the sides of the Triangle so that the other two sides intersect at some distinct point then it divides the two sides in the same ratio. The other name of this theorem is Thales Theorem. This chapter also throws light on the converse of the basic proportionality theorem.
- Pythagoras Theorem
This part of the chapter teaches about the Pythagoras Theorem. As per this theorem, in a right-angled triangle whose sides are P, Q and R and angle r is a right angle then PQ2+ QR2 =RP2. This theorem is also called as Baudhayan theorem.
RD Sharma Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 4-Triangles, also covers the Converse of Pythagoras Theorem, Similarity of two triangles made in a right-angle triangle and the laws of sine and cosines in a triangle which includes the law of sines and the laws of cosines.
RD Sharma Solutions for Class 10th Maths Chapter 4 – Triangles Exercise Questions
There are a total of 7 exercises with around 46 questions in RD Sharma Class 10 Maths Chapter 4. Below is a brief overview of the same.
- This exercise of the chapter consists of 1 question, which is a fill in the blank question. It covers the fundamentals concepts of triangles.
- This exercise consists of 4 questions. In which question 1 has 12 sub-questions, and all are based on Thales theorem or Basic Proportionality Theorem.
- Questions 2 and 3 are based on the Converse of Basic Proportionality Theorem. Question 4 is based on the various criteria of similarity of a triangle.
- This exercise has 3 questions. All the questions in this exercise are based on the similarity of triangles.
- This exercise has 1 question with 3 sub-questions, and they are based on the Basic Proportionality Theorems.
- This exercise has 12 questions. Questions 1, 2, 3, 7, 12 are based on Basic Proportionality Theorem. Questions 4, 5, 6, 9, and 10 are based on Pythagoras theorem.
- Question 11 is a scenario-based question which focuses on Pythagoras theorem.
- This exercise consists of 11 questions in total. In which questions 1 to 8 are based on the area of similar triangles.
- Question 9 is based on a Basic Proportionality Theorem. Questions 10 and 11 are scenario-based questions that are based on similar triangles.
- This exercise consists of 14 questions in total. They are based on Pythagoras theorem and converse Pythagoras theorem.
Benefits of RD Sharma Class 10 Maths Chapter 4
- All the solutions of RD Sharma are prepared carefully, methodically and logically.
- They are fully accurate and follow the latest Class 10 Maths Syllabus.
- Our efficient learning techniques, along with our smart shortcuts, will help you grasp the concepts of the chapter quickly and effectively.
- Our RD Sharma Solutions have been drafted in a manner to make learning fun, exciting, engaging and enjoyable.
- They cover all concepts of the chapter and give you enough practice to help you become thorough with the chapter and strengthen your conceptual foundation.
- They are perfect for quick and effective learning during your Class 10 board exams.