RD Sharma Class 12 Chapter 4 Solutions (Inverse Trigonometric Functions)
RD Sharma Class 12 Maths Solutions Chapter 4: Inverse Trigonometric Functions are going to be your best study companion for this topic. In this chapter of RD Sharma Solutions, you will be studying different topics like the inverse of the sine function, cosine, and other trigonometric functions like tan, cot and cosec. Also, this chapter discusses the properties of the inverse of trigonometric functions.
There are 14 exercises in this chapter and more than 300 questions to practice. RD Sharma Class 12 Maths book is, therefore, a great tool to practice maths concepts thoroughly as it has a wide range of questions. The chapter also contains previous year questions of CBSE board exam for class 12. So, you must practice all the questions for better preparation of the board exams.
Instasolv has more than 200 professional experts who have been teaching students for a long time. These experts with years of experience provide you with the high-class study material that you can access being anywhere and also at any time. Refer to our RD Sharma solutions for chapter 4 of class 12 and you will be able to solve every question easily in your exams.
Topics Covered in RD Sharma Class 12 Solutions Chapter 4: Inverse of Trigonometric Functions
In RD Sharma Class 12 Maths Chapter 4, you will study that if a= f(a) and b = g(b) are two functions such that f (g(a)) = b and g (f(b)) = a, then f and g are said to be inverse of each other i.e., g = f-1
The inverse of a function exists when a function is bijective. When you restrict the domain of trigonometric functions, then the functions become bijective, and thus, the inverse of trigonometric functions is always defined within the restricted domain. You denote an inverse of a function with ‘ f-1’.
In the chapter, you will then learn about the inverse of different trigonometric functions like sine-1, cos-1, tan-1, cosec-1, sec-1 and cot-1. You will also learn about the domain and range of these functions and some very important properties that will help you solve questions related to inverse trigonometric functions.
The inverse functions will help you in finding the angle from any trigonometric ratio. All these ratios have their applications in different fields like engineering, geometry, and physics.
Exercise Discussion of RD Sharma Class 12 Solutions Chapter 4: Inverse of Trigonometric Functions
- In RD Sharma Class 12 Solutions Maths Chapter 4 exercise 4.1, you have to find the principal value of various trigonometric functions given in the questions. You also have to prove whether the given trigonometric inverse can be written in other ways.
- In exercise 4.2, you have to find the domain and range of inverse functions. All of these are basic questions.
- In exercise 4.3, you have to find the principal value of inverse trigonometric functions but the questions are slightly tough this time as they involve two inverse functions at the same time.
- In exercise 4.4, you have to find the principal value and domain and range of inverse trigonometric functions of sec.
- In exercise 4.5, you have to find the principal value and domain and range of inverse trigonometric functions of cosec.
- In exercise 4.6, you have to find the principal value and domain and range of inverse trigonometric functions of cot.
- In exercise 4.7, you have to evaluate the complex sin-1 functions.
- In exercise 4.8 and 4.9, there are two types of questions. You have to evaluate the value of the inverse trigonometric function and prove some statements.
- In exercise 4.10, there are ‘if-then’ kinds of questions. You are given the value of two inverse trigonometric equations and you have to evaluate the value of the variables ‘x’ and ‘y’.
- In exercise 4.11 and 4.12, you have to prove the results given in the questions and you have to solve the given trigonometric equations to find the value of ‘x’.
- In exercise 4.13, you are given some tough trigonometric equations that you need to solve. Exercise 4.14 is the longest exercise of the chapter that includes all types of questions that are present in other exercises.
- After all these exercises, there are some very short answer questions given for the chapter that will help you revise the little details and concepts of trigonometric ratios and functions.
Benefits of RD Sharma Class 12 Solutions Chapter 4: Inverse of Trigonometric Functions by Instasolv
Instasolv has the best faculty as it comprises the best maths experts. The RD Sharma Class 12 solutions provided by our team give you a clear understanding of the topics along with the questions in detail. You can access our solutions being in your comfort zone if you are preparing for other competitive exams as well. We can understand the stress when you have to prepare for your CBSE exams along with other competitive examinations. But, Instasolv team aims at making the study part easy for you. Thus, you don’t have to worry anymore. Contact our experts or refer to the RD Sharma Solutions Class 12 Chapter 4 by Instasolv.