RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 10 Solutions (Direct And Inverse Variations)
RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 10 ‘Direct and Inverse Variations’ consist of all the necessary concepts of the chapter as per exam point of view. The chapter covers topics like inverse, proportions, ratio, speed, distance, time, variations, quantity analysis etc. All these topics are based on the latest CBSE RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions syllabus as well.
RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 10 ‘Direct and Inverse Variations’ has a total of 2 exercises and 40 questions. These exercises have different questions like word problems, variable based problems, data-based questions etc. All of these questions play a great role in providing meticulous revisions of the chapter and enhancing all the basics learnt from it.
Instasolv provides clear guidance on solving the RD Sharma exercises of the chapter. Our stepwise approach of solving the questions and easy explanations will guide you in understanding the typical concepts of the chapter easily. You must study the important topics of the chapter thoroughly in order to solve the exercise questions of the chapter.
Important Topics of RD Sharma Class 8 Solutions for Chapter 10 – Direct and Inverse Variations
In this chapter, you will be introduced to the concept of direct proportion. When two quantities supposedly x and y are placed in such a manner that when the value of x increases, the value of y also increases, the quantities are said to be in direct proportion. It happens such that the ratio of their corresponding values remains to be constant. A direct proportion can be represented as xy = k and k is a natural number which is also a constant value.
Now that you have an idea about direct proportions, you will also learn about the opposite of these which are termed as indirect proportions. When two quantities are in inverse proportions, supposedly x and y, it happens such that when the value of x is increased, the value of y decreases and vice versa. In the case of indirect proportions, the values of x and y are represented as xy = k and k is a natural number.
Exercise Discussion of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 10 – Direct and Inverse Variations
- The exercise has a total of 23 questions.
- It begins with a logical problem where you are provided with a situation that on increasing the value of one variable, the value of the other variable also increases you are required to tell whether the case is a direct variation or an indirect variation.
- The second question from the exercise is also based on logical reasoning. There are a total of six different cases given in the question you are required to observe them and mark them as inverse or direct variations.
- The fourth question of the exercise again puts forth a word problem with three different subparts. You are required to tell whether the case is of direct or inverse proportion, the significance of k and the reason of their proportionality.
- There are other quantity-based comparison problems in the chapter which deal with length, thickness, money, speed etc.
- The last exercise contains a total of 18 questions.
- The exercise begins with an analytical question where you are provided with certain values and cases addressing those values. You are required to tell whether these values are constant in nature and whether they are inversely proportional.
- This exercise requires a basic understanding of the chapter and is not very complicated in terms of calculation.
- In the second question, you need to make use of constant value and solve the questions. There are a total of three sub-parts in this question.
- This exercise also deals with questions revolving around different quantities like question number 17, where you are given that x number of machines can be bought with a discount of 50 rupees on each and you are required to find the number of machines.
- Overall the chapter has engaging exercises and provides a good revision of all the major ideas that have been introduced in the chapter.
Benefits of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 10 – Direct and Inverse Variations by Instasolv
- Our subject matter experts of Maths have ensured that no corner of the exercises of Class 8 RD Sharma Solutions Chapter 10 ‘Direct and Indirect Variations’ is left untouched.
- All the solutions have been formulated in a step by step and simple language to ensure your independent learning.
- The solutions have been formulated in accordance with the latest CBSE syllabus.
- The most amazing fact about Instasolv’s Solution for RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 10 ‘Direct and Indirect Variations’ is that you can access them anytime for FREE!