RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 11 Solutions (Time And Work)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solution Chapter 11 ‘Time and Work’ is an important chapter discussing the calculations of time while performing a given work. Chapter of RD Sharma Solutions ‘Time and Work’ not only gives you ideas about how to calculate time but also teaches the importance of time management in real life. The main topics of this chapter are efficiency ratio, work done, and data sufficiency.
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solution Chapter 11 consists of only 1 exercise with a total of 28 questions. The topics covered in the chapter are problems related to time and work. For example, to find the appropriate amount of time to finish the work done or to calculate the amount of work done in a given period of time. All these questions are very important for exam perspective.
At Instasolv, our main aim is to provide you with the best solutions for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Chapter 11. All the solutions are written in simple language for an easy understanding of the concepts of this chapter.
Important Topics for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solution Chapter 11: Time and Work
Days and Work
- The first type of questions that can be found in Chapter 11 of RD Sharma Class 8 is about finding the work done and time is taken to do the work. If one part of the work is done and the remaining work has to be done by a person A, then
- If more than two people work in a group to finish a piece of work, then the money paid is divided equally among them in the ratio of their one day’s or one hour’s work.
- For example, If a person J can perform a job in 10 days. K can perform a job in 5 days. In how many days they can complete the job working together?
If J’s rate of work is 10 days and K’s rate of work is in 5 days. which will be equal to 1/10 and ⅕. This means that in one day A and B can together work for 1/10 + ⅕ = 50/10 or 3.33 days.
- Efficiency can be calculated in two steps – first, converting the work in terms of the fraction, that is, per day work. Then, expressing the fraction in the form of percentage by multiplying it with 100.
- For example, if A takes 5 days to finish a work. What will be his efficiency?
Now, your solution will be that no of days A takes = 5 days. That is per day he is completing ⅕ of the work. In the second step, we convert it into a percentage. ⅕ * 100 = 100/5 = 20%. Therefore A’s efficiency is 20%. However, your answer is 20%.
- These questions include directions and check your quantitative aptitude.
- Questions from this concept will be asked from you such as- How long will a machine Y take to produce x chairs if working alone? Machine X makes x chairs in 5 minutes, machine X and Y together make x chairs in 2 mins.
- You will find the solution by figuring that machine x produces x/5 chairs in 1 minute. However, machine X and Y together produce x chairs in x/2 minutes. This means that Y makes 3x/10 chairs in 1 min. So x chairs will be produced by Y in (10x/3x) minutes= 10/3 minutes.
Exercise Discussion for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solution Chapter 11: Time and Work
- RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solution Chapter 11 has one exercise that comprises 28 questions.
- The concepts that are covered in the questions are time and work-related problems. You are required to find out the time taken for doing a particular work, days required to do the job, or the work-done as asked in the question.
- The questions in the exercise are followed by their suitable answers in case of any confusion in our RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 11.
Benefits of using RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solution Chapter 11: Time and Work by Instasolv
- Instasolv offers you easy access to all the solutions of RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solution Chapter 11 exercises. Our experts are concerned with finding the easiest solutions for you.
- Instasolv team works extremely hard to find the best reference study material for you. The main aim is to understand all the problems thoroughly so that you can be exam ready.
- Instasolv professionals are highly qualified in the field and work according to CBSE guidelines only. Our experts are online 24/7 to help you with all kinds of chapter related problems.