RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 16 Solutions (Understanding Shapes Quadrilaterals)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 16 explain you all the concepts related to Quadrilaterals. You will study different types of quadrilaterals in this chapter like rectangle, rhombus, trapezium, angle sum property of quadrilaterals, and other polygons. You will examine all the concepts in detail as you are already familiar with finding their surface areas and volumes.
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 16 contains only one exercise that has a total of 24 questions. The questions are based on topics like the concave & convex quadrilateral, vertices, sides, angles, adjacent angles, adjacent sides, interior &exterior of a quadrilateral, angle sum property, exterior angle property, etc. The majority of the questions ask you to find the angle of a quadrilateral using properties.
If you want to find easy solutions for this exercise of RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Chapter 16, then the team of Instasolv is at your service. The faculty team at Instasolv aims to provide you with solutions that are accurate and reliable. With our answers and guidance, you can study productively. Apart from the solutions, Instasolv also gives you a brief overview of all the concepts which you can revise during the exam time. By referring to this learning material, you can gain higher marks in exams.
Important topics for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 16: Understanding Shapes – Quadrilaterals
Quadrilateral: ‘Quad’ is a Latin word, which means 4. Thus, a quadrilateral is a polygon with four sides. There are various types of quadrilaterals such as:
- Rectangle: A quadrilateral in which the opposite sides are parallel to each other, and all the sides are perpendicular to each other. Thus, all the interior angles of a rectangle measure 90°
- Square: A quadrilateral with all four sides equal and all the interior angles are of 90°
- Parallelogram: It is a quadrilateral with parallel opposite sides.
- Rhombus: It is a parallelogram, but all sides are equal.
- Trapezium: In this, only a pair of the four sides are parallel to each other.
Quadrilaterals can be categorized based on the angles:
- Concave quadrilaterals: the four-sided polygons in which the interior angle exceeds 180 degrees
- Convex quadrilateral: four-sided polygon in which the interior angles measure less than 180 degrees each. In this quadrilateral, the diagonals are completely contained within the figure.
Other important attributes of Quadrilaterals are:
- Vertices: points where two sides or edges meet.
- Sides: The four-line segments of a quadrilateral are called its sides.
- Angle: It is the meeting point of two sides.
- Adjacent sides: The two sides which have a common endpoint.
- Adjacent angles: Angles which have one common arm onto the sides
- Opposite sides: The sides which don’t meet at any point.
- Opposite angles: Two angles, which are not adjacent angles.
- Interior of a quadrilateral: It is the enclosed part within the quadrilateral.
- The exterior of a quadrilateral: In this, points are not enclosed within the quadrilateral.
Essential Properties of Quadrilaterals:
- A diagonal is a line segment that connects two non-consecutive vertices of a polygon.
- The Interior of a closed curve has a fixed boundary, but the exterior has no limit.
- The sum of the measures of the four angles of a quadrilateral is 360°
- The diagonals of a square are perpendicular bisectors of each other
- n – 2 provides the number of triangles in a polygon.
- The sum of the interior angles of a polygon is given by the formula = (n-2)X180°
- an exterior angle of a polygon = 360 ÷ number of sides
Exercise Discussion of RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 16: Understanding Shapes – Quadrilaterals
- The exercise of this chapter contains a total of 24 questions. All these questions will help you in getting in-depth knowledge of concepts related to quadrilaterals.
- Some questions of the exercise are very short answer type questions such as fill in the blanks related to basic attributes of quadrilaterals
- The exercise also includes a theoretical question where you are asked to define the various attributes of quadrilaterals such as vertices, opposite angles, opposite sides, exterior and interior of quadrilaterals.
- External angle and interior angle properties have been used majorly in many questions of the exercise while some questions are related to proving the basic properties of quadrilaterals.
- All the solutions to the questions of RD Sharma Solutions Class 8 Maths Chapter 16 are explained step by step by our experts, which would assure a better understanding of the chapter.
Benefits of RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 16: Understanding Shapes – Quadrilaterals by Instasolv
- Instasolv provides easy access to all the solutions of RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 16. Our experts strive to provide the best and accurate answers.
- The solutions follow all the questions of the chapter. Thereby making the learning process convenient for you.
- Instasolv professionals are highly proficient in their respective fields and follow the latest CBSE Class 8 Maths exam guidelines and patterns.