RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 17 Solutions (Understanding Shapes Special Types Quadrilaterals)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 17 explores some particular types of quadrilaterals. In the previous chapter, you already learned some different kinds of quadrilaterals, including rectangle, square, parallelogram, rhombus, trapezium. This chapter focuses entirely on these concepts. In the course of this chapter, you will learn the different properties of these quadrilaterals.
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 17 contains 3 exercises in total. All the questions are entirely based on the properties of quadrilaterals. Some of them include angle sum property, interior, or exterior angle property of a quadrilateral, etc. The majority of questions ask you to find the angles of a quadrilateral, while some ask you to prove the properties of a quadrilateral. You will be able to recall all the essential topics of the chapter by referring to the RD Sharma solutions by Instasolv.
The expert team at Instasolv has prepared exercise-wise solutions to analyze the topics explained in RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Chapter 17 more productively. All the answers follow rational as well as short-cut methods that will speed up your ability to solve problems. By referring to Instasolv’s RD Sharma Class 8 Maths solutions will enhance your overall understanding of the concepts. We have also provided you with important concepts related to this chapter.
Important topics for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 17: Understanding Shapes (Special Types of Quadrilaterals)
In mathematics, a quadrilateral is defined as a polygon with four sides. RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Chapter 17 discusses the properties of quadrilaterals in detail. Let us revise them quickly.
Types of Quadrilaterals:
- Rectangle: A quadrilateral in which the opposite sides are parallel to each other, and all the sides are perpendicular to each other. Thus, all the interior angles of a rectangle measure 90°. The diagonals of a rectangle are of equal length.
- Square: A type of quadrilateral with all the four sides equal. In this, diagonals bisect each other at an angle of 90°.
- Parallelogram: It is a quadrilateral in which opposite sides are parallel and equal.
Other properties of a parallelogram are:
- The opposite angles of a parallelogram are of equal measure.
- The adjacent angles in a parallelogram are supplementary.
- The diagonals of a parallelogram bisect each other.
- Rombus: It is a special type of parallelogram, but all sides are equal. Some properties include:
- The diagonals of a rhombus are perpendicular bisectors of one another.
- In a rhombus ABCD with O as intersection point, OA = OC and OB = OD
- Trapezium: In this, only one pair of the four sides are parallel to each other.
Some other essential points to remember:
- The sum of the measures of the four angles of a convex quadrilateral is 360°
- n – 2 provides the number of triangles in a polygon.
- Sum of interior angles of n-sided polygon = (n-2)X180°
- an exterior angle of a polygon = 360 ÷ number of sides
Exercise Discussion of RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 17: Understanding Shapes(Special Types of Quadrilaterals)
- The chapter contains 3 exercises in total. The first exercise of this chapter has a total number of 29 questions.
- The questions of this exercise mainly cover the properties of a parallelogram. The majority of questions ask you to find the angles in a quadrilateral. You need to apply the angle sum property in this exercise.
- The second exercise has 14 questions which mainly deals with the properties of a rhombus. Some questions are also based on interior and exterior angle properties.
- The third exercise contains 15 questions. Properties of quadrilaterals like rectangle, square, trapezium, etc have been used majorly in this exercise.
- All the answers to the questions are explained step by step in our RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 17 ‘Understanding Shapes(Special Types of Quadrilaterals)’ which assures a better understanding of all the concepts of the chapter.
Benefits RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 17: Understanding Shapes(Special Types of Quadrilaterals) by Instasolv
- Instasolv provides answers to all the questions of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Maths chapters. The answers have been curated by our experts with a focus to help you find the most efficient way to solve the problems in exams.
- Instasolv’s team believes in clearing every doubt of yours. Thus, the experts have solved every question of this chapter step-by-step and have given proper reasoning with the solutions.
- Experts at Instasolv have years of experience in the field of education and follow the latest CBSE guidelines and patterns.
With the solutions to RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Chapter 17 ‘Understanding Shapes(Special Types of Quadrilaterals)’ developed by us, you can prepare well and score better in your exams.