RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 18 Solutions (Practical Geometry)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 18 ‘Practical Geometry’ discuss the different concepts of practical geometry. The chapter involves the construction of quadrilaterals using different methods. The RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 18is an extension to the previous geometry chapter related to constructions that you have studied in class VI and VII.
There are different concepts covered in the chapter such as constructing a quadrilateral with the help of two adjacent sides and three angles, construction of a quadrilateral with two diagonals and three sides, and many more. The chapter includes 5 practice exercises and 34 questions. This will give you ample opportunity to practice and gain confidence in solving problems related to this chapter.
For easy access to every solution of the chapter, instasolv team is there to help you. Our professionals aim to help you with all your queries related to the chapter. We give alternative solutions to some questions for easy understanding of the concept. We make sure that we explain every concept in a proper way and offer our best help to you.
Important Topics for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 18: Practical Geometry
The RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 18 is linked to the previous class chapters of geometry and construction. The topics covered under this chapter include information for the construction of quadrilaterals with different given dimensions and angles.
- A quadrilateral is a polygon with four sides. A common quadrilateral figure is a square. The definition of a quadrilateral depends on its type, for example, a rectangle, a rhombus, square etc. the characteristics of the quadrilateral also varies according to its shape which is discussed in the chapter.
Construction of quadrilateral with the help of two adjacent sides and three angles
- You are required to construct a PQRS quadrilateral. With PQ=4.5 cm, QR=3.8 cm, ∠Q=120°, ∠R=100° ∠P=60°
- Draw a base PQ with two given angles ∠P and ∠Q.
- Draw ∠Q= 120° and PQ= 4.5 cm to construct PQR= 120°
- Draw QRS=100° and QPZ=60°
- PZ and RY intersect at point S.
- PORS is the resultant quadrilateral.
Construction of quadrilateral with the help of two diagonals and three sides
- Take given sides AB, AD and BC with given diagonals AC, BD.
- Construct triangle ABD, with lengths AD, AB and BD.
- Mark the fourth point using the given lengths AC and BC as C.
- Join the points ABCD, ABCD is the resultant quadrilateral.
Construction of a quadrilateral with the help of two included angles and three side
- An ABCD quadrilateral taking the dimensions for example, AB= 3.6 cm, BC= 4 cm, and AD= 5cm and ∠B=80°, ∠A=120°
- Draw a base with two given angles.
- Draw the two angles ∠A and ∠B on the base AB.
- Draw ∠B=80° and AB= 3.6cm to draw ABC= 80°.
- Similarly, draw ∠A=120* and AD 5cm to draw ∠BAD= 120°.
- Join the points C and D, ABCD is the resultant quadrilateral.
Exercise Discussion for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 18: Practical Geometry
- The RD Sharma Solutions Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 18 discusses different types of geometrical figures. There are a total of 5 exercises in the chapter. The first exercise has 8 questions, second and third exercises contain 6 questions each, the fourth exercise comprises 8 questions and exercise 5 comprises 6 questions in all.
- The first exercise includes questions that are mainly basic construction based. For instance, You will be asked to construct a quadrilateral in which the dimensions will be given. You will need to label the quadrilateral and also write step by step instructions in the solution following the given dimensions.
- Now, there are 6 questions in the second exercise. You are required to construct the diagram when the length of its sides is given.
- In the third exercise, you are asked to draw a quadrilateral when the length of its sides and measure of one angle is given.
- In the fourth exercise, the questions asked include constructing a quadrilateral when the length of its sides and measure of two angles is given.
- There are a total of 6 questions in the fifth exercise. In these questions, the quadrilateral will be constructed including three angels as mentioned in the questions.
Benefits of RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 18: Practical Geometry by Instasolv
- Our team of experts gives all the solutions to the RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 18.
- We not only provide the solutions right away but explain them in steps. The team has explained each solution with explanations. We give all solutions to the questions that include a sure chance to appear in your examination.
- The purpose of the instasolv platform is to provide solutions online so that the chapter is understood comfortably. Our team makes sure that you understand each and every concept of the chapter in order to avoid any confusion while solving questions.