RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 19 Solutions (Visualising Shapes)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 19 ‘Visualising Shapes’ explains the different types of shapes that you might see around. You have already learned what two-dimensional or 2D shapes are, for example, a rectangle, square, triangle, and circle. In this chapter, you will be introduced to three-dimensional or 3D shapes and their representation on the plane.
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 19 contains only 2 exercises and 12 questions. The questions are based on various topics like 2D and 3D figures, Euler’s formula, Polyhedra, etc. You will also visualize figures like prisms and pyramids. By referring to the questions in the exercise, you will gain a more profound knowledge of concepts covered in the chapter.
The faculty of subject matter experts at Instasolv has developed all the answers to the exercise questions of the chapter. Our experts have years of experience, and they aim to provide you with the best guidance. The solutions are written in a simple manner that will help you understand the topics in a better way. You can access these solutions anytime. Moreover, these answers will work as the best revision source during exams. By referring to Instasolv’s solutions to the exercise, you will pass with flying colours in the exams.
Important Topics for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 19: Visualising Shapes
- 2D Shapes are plain shapes that only have two measurements, like the length and breadth. Examples include rectangle, square, etc.
- 3D Shapes are the solid shapes that have three measurements i.e., length, breadth, and height or depth. Examples include a cube, cuboid, cone, etc.
- A 3-dimensional object looks different from different positions; that’s why they are drawn from a different perspective.
- Faces: solid figures made up of polygonal regions are called faces.
- Edges: The line segments where the faces meet are called edges.
- Vertex: The edges meet at specific points called the vertex.
- Polyhedrons comprise faces, edges, and vertices.
- Regular polyhedrons are regular if its faces are made up of regular polygons, and the same number of faces meet at each vertex. For example, a cube
- Prisms and pyramids are the two essential members of the polyhedron family.
- In a prism, the base and top are congruent polygons and the other faces, i.e., lateral faces are parallelograms in shape whereas, in a pyramid, the base is a polygon and the lateral faces are triangles with a common vertex.
- Euler’s Formula: In a polyhedron with ‘V’ number of vertices, ‘F’ number of faces and ‘E’ number of edges, you will find that F + V = E + 2, i.e., F + V – E = 2. This equation is called Euler’s formula.
Exercise Discussion for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 19: Visualising Shapes
- The chapter has 2 exercises in total. The first exercise of this chapter contains a total of 7 questions. The questions are based on 2D and 3D shapes.
- In this exercise, you will find questions based on Euler’s formula, polyhedrons, and cubes.
- The second exercise has 5 figure-based questions. In these questions, you have to visualize 2D shapes and form 3D shapes. You will also have to calculate the number of faces, edges, and vertices of these shapes. This exercise tests your overall aptitude and is essential from the CBSE exam point of view.
- If you are aspiring to secure high marks in your examination, then you are advised to practice these exercises regularly.
Benefits of RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 19: Visualising Shapes by Instasolv?
- Instasolv is an online learning platform that provides answers to all the questions of RD Sharma Solutions Class 8 Maths Chapter.
- The solutions have been formulated by our experts which enhances your overall knowledge of concepts.
- Instasolv’s team aims to provide the best guidance and tries to clear all your doubts.
- The faculty team at Instasolv explains questions step by step and shows you the most efficient ways of solving problems.
- All the solutions are written according to the latest CBSE exam pattern for Class 8 Maths.