RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 20 Solutions (Area Of Trapezium And Polygon)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 20 ‘Area of Trapezium and Polygon’ discusses the formula concept of the trapezium and a polygon. In the RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 20you will study various methods of finding the area of a trapezium and irregular polygons by using the formula of area of the triangle.
The RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for chapter 20 has 3 exercises in total. There are approximately 46 questions in all the exercises. The exercises comprise questions which are crucial from the exam point of view. While solving these exercises if you face any problems you can seek help from our solutions for the chapter.
Our subject matter experts have provided stepwise solutions to all the exercise questions of the chapter. We also ensure to follow the current CBSE guidelines and exam pattern while solving the exercises. You can access our solutions at any time and resolve your doubts related to the chapter as required. All our solutions are checked twice by our subject matter experts to ensure 100% accuracy. You must read the important topics of the chapter discussed below before solving the exercises of the chapter.
Important Topics for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 20: Area of Trapezium and Polygon
In RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 20 we will learn various ways to calculate the areas of trapezium and polygon. But first, you must revise what are polygons and what is a trapezium. Read their properties carefully so that you can understand how to find their area.
Area of a Polygon
- A polygon is any two-dimensional figure drawn using straight lines. Quadrilaterals, triangles, pentagon, hexagons are all examples of a polygon.
- There are different ways to find the area of a polygon depending on its shape and size. There are regular polygons and irregular polygons.
- The regular polygon has all sides with the same length and an irregular polygon consists of sides with different lengths.
- To calculate the area of a regular polygon the formula used is: area = ½ x perimeter x apothem.
- An apothem is a line segment that joins the centre of the polygon to the midpoint of the side that is perpendicular to it.
Area of a Trapezium
- A trapezium falls under the category of quadrilaterals. It has four sides with two parallel sides and has a 2D shape. The parallel sides of the trapezium are called the bases and the other two non-parallel sides are called the legs.
- The formula to find the perimeter of a trapezium is very basic and given in the chapter, that is, Perimeter = Sum of all the sides.
- A trapezium is first divided into two triangles and a rectangle (or any other polygon) then the area of trapezium is calculated by adding up the areas of the triangles and a rectangle (or the other polygon) that is = area of triangle 1 + area of triangle 2 + area of a rectangle (polygon).
Exercise Discussion of RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 20: Area of Trapezium and Polygon
- The RD Sharma Solutions Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 20 has a total of 3 exercises. All the concepts of the chapter are covered in these questions.
- The first exercise comprises 22 questions, the second exercise comprises 20 questions and the third exercise comprises only 5 questions.
- In the first exercise, you are required to find the area of the given figure. You will be asked questions such as suppose you are given a rectangular plot ABCD adjoining a semi-circle. You are required to calculate the area of the rectangular plot using the formula to find the area of the rectangle and then use the formula to find the area of a semicircle, then adding both the areas together.
- The second exercise the questions will get a bit complex. You will be asked to find the area of the given figures but in square meters. The bases and altitudes will be given following which you will need to find the solution.
- The third and the last exercise includes diagram-based questions, for example, a pentagon is divided in two different ways. You are required to find the area of the pentagon in both the ways.
Benefits of RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 20: Area of Trapezium and Polygon by Instasolv
- Instasolv study material is the most prefered to prepare for CBSE Class 8 exams. The solutions given by instasolv experts for RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Chapter 20 are easily accessible and free of cost.
- The team of professionals at instasolv gives a rigorous explanation of the chapter following the CBSE guidelines so that questions can be easily solved.
- Instasolv team of experts are highly qualified in the subject. The purpose of instasolv is to help you in the best way possible.