RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 22 Solutions (Mensuration III Surface Area And Volume Of Right Circular Cylinder)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 22 are prepared to guide you through the solutions of the RD Sharma exercises on finding surface area and volume of right circular cylinders. Solving a variety of questions from the RD Sharma Solutions exercises will make you proficient in this topic. You will also be able to understand the practical application of mensuration in cylindrical shaped objects and will also learn to find the lateral surface area (also known as curved surface area) of cylindrical objects.
There are 61 questions in total put together in 2 exercises. The exercise questions in this chapter are of all types ranging from objective type to the long answer type subjective questions. You will get to solve simple formula-based questions initially. When you gradually adapt to the methods of approaching a problem, there will be an upgrade in the difficulty level of the questions. Practising chapter 22 Mensuration III from the RD Sharma book will ensure 100% marks from this topic.
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 22 by Instasolv are compliant with the latest CBSE question paper trends. All the questions are covered in a detailed way without even a minimal compromise in the quality of answers. You will get step-wise guidance by the expert faculty of Instasolv. Practising the questions given in this chapter will lead you to stand out among your batchmates, be it an inter-school maths quiz or national level competitive exams.
Important Topics for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 22: Mensuration III (Surface Area and Volume of a Right Circular Cylinder)
Introduction to Cylinders
If we roll a rectangle across its breadth, it will form a cylinder with the length of the rectangle as the circumference of the circular base and top so formed while the height of the rectangle will become the height of the cylinder so formed. We can denote the height of the cylinder as h and radius of the congruent circles at the bottom and top as r.
Lateral Surface Area
If we consider a rectangular sheet of dimensions l and b as its length and breadth respectively which is rolled to form a cylinder with the radius of its base as r and height h, then the curved surface of the cylinder will be equal to the area of the rectangle. Mathematically,
l=2ㄫr and b=h
Therefore, a curved surface area of cylinder=lb=2ㄫrh
Total Surface Area
Consider a cylinder with radius r and height h, then the total surface area can be given mathematically as follows,
TSA=area of top circular base+area of bottom circular base+curved surface area of the cylinder
= ㄫr2+ ㄫr2 + 2ㄫrh = 2ㄫr x (r+h)
The volume of the Cylinder
Consider a cylinder with radius r and height h, then the volume of the cylinder can be given mathematically as follows,
volume=area of the circular base height of the given cylinder
=ㄫr2 x h
Exercise Discussion for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 22: Mensuration III (Surface Area and Volume of a Right Circular Cylinder)
- In exercise 22.1, you will get to practice the problems related to the surface areas of cylinders. You will also learn the concepts of hollow circular cylinders and the thickness of such cylindrical objects.
- The questions in exercise 22.2 are based on miscellaneous word problems of volume, total surface area and curved surface area. The questions in this exercise are also based on finding the capacity of the cylindrical tanks and the ratios of the volumes, given the height of cylinders.
- Practising these exercises will give an idea about the tricky word problems based on volume, thickness and surface areas of right circular cylinders.
Benefits of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 22: Mensuration III (Surface Area and Volume of a Right Circular Cylinder)
- The team of maths experts at Instasolv work tirelessly to keep themselves updated with the continuously changing pattern of questions in CBSE exams. Therefore, relying on us will help you to pace up with the dynamism of your exams.
- Instasolv will help you to solve the RD Sharma exercises completely in one go without having to hustle with your doubts over different places.
- The detailed approach of our faculties ensures that you remain engaged with the subject, making the topic interesting with interactive solutions. You can rest assured that all your queries will be taken up by our teachers in the answers.
- Instasolv provides you with accurate and precise RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions which you can directly use for your homework or in revising for your school exams.
- Lastly, we are dedicated to creating a student-friendly platform for your convenience. Therefore, you can make the best of your self-study through our attempt at creating a digital revolution in studies.