RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 23 Solutions (Data Handling I Classification And Tabulation Of Data)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 23 are prepared to provide assistance in easily solving the questions given in the RD Sharma Solutions exercises. The topics covered in this chapter are the study of raw data, presentation of data in tabular format, frequency distribution and types of frequency distribution, and construction of discrete frequency distribution and grouped frequency distribution tables respectively. The topics covered in this chapter will help you in solving the questions that require analysis of statistical data. You will also learn to interpret which is mentioned in well-formulated discrete or continuous frequency distribution tables.
There are 20 questions compiled together in 2 exercises in this chapter. There are a diverse variety of questions in this chapter so that you will get ample chance to practice the classification of data and tabulation of data in the grouped and discrete frequency distribution table format. There are complex word problems in this chapter of RD Sharma such that you will be able to employ the concepts of class size, class intervals etc. The exercises are systematically designed in increasing order of difficulty level.
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter 23 by Instasolv comply with the latest CBSE guidelines. These RD Sharma Solutions include step by step explanations and will help you understand the process of solving questions. Practising the RD Sharma exercise questions will not only boost your scores in your report card but you will also be able to score good rank in national level competitive examinations and olympiads. You will learn to eliminate the minor errors that occur in the exams due to limited guidance if you train yourself with the aid of the Instasolv platform.
Important Topics for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 23: Data Handling I Classification and Tabulation of Data
- Classification of Data: Data is classified or grouped in different categories on the basis of its kind, nature or format. The process of classification is done considering the application of the same.
- Tabulation of Data: Tabulation of data is done with an objective to depict the data systematically and hence, improve the process of summarising and analysis of the given data. Data can be tabulated only after the process of classification is complete.
Classification of Data
The given data is categorised under subheadings of different suitable classes as per the requirement of the question. The classes can be discrete as well as grouped in nature with a lower and upper limit of the class interval. These class intervals play a major role in the procedure of tabulation.
To tabulate a given set of data, we mention the class or class interval in one column, while in another parallel column, we mention the data belonging to that class or if the data is repetitive, we can use tally marks or frequency of the class to represent the number of repetitions.
The frequency distribution table can be of two types:
- Discrete frequency distribution table
- Continuous frequency distribution table.
The tabulated data can be used to calculate the mean, median and mode of a given set of data easily by using mathematical formulae.
Exercise Discussion for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 23: Data Handling I Classification and Tabulation of Data
- The questions in the first exercise 23.1 comprise of problems for classifying and tabulating the given data in the discrete frequency distribution table. The questions are related to the number of students belonging to a certain class or having obtained the same marks in a test etc.
- The questions in 23.2 will help you to practise the formulation of class intervals, and representation of data in the form of tally marks as well as mentioning the frequency of different class interval.
- In these exercises, you will also get subjective questions such as defining basic terms such as class interval, class size, the upper limit and lower limit of a class interval etc.
- Solving these questions will enable you to approach the questions related to tabulation in a scientific manner and use this information to analyse data more systematically.
Benefits of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 23: Data Handling I Classification and Tabulation of Data
- Instasolv is a revolution in the self-study pattern of modern students. You will realise a significant increment in your efficiency of grasping the core concepts of topics on this platform.
- At Instasolv, you will get to clear your doubts simultaneously while solving the problem without having to reach out to different sources. This will help you study independently of any hustling.
- You can also optimise your time management skills by referring to Instasolv to solve these exercises.
- The questions are answered in a very simple and understandable language for a more inclusive approach.
Moreover, the answers of RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 23 exercises are explained in alignment with CBSE guidelines. Hence, these answers can be used directly in the school exams.