RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 25 Solutions (Data Handling III Pictorial Representation Of Data As Pie Charts Or Circle Graphs)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 25 will help you to understand the concepts related to ‘data handling’ in the form of pie charts and construction of circle graphs. In this chapter of RD Sharma Solutions, you will get to learn about the pie chart formula, how a pie chart can represent various values in the form of the sector, and the step by step procedure of working out the data in the form of a pie chart. You will also learn the representation of data as a part of the whole.
There are 2 exercises in this chapter comprising of 24 questions in total. The questions are arranged in a beginner to pro format to help you adjust with the increasing difficulty level in the exercises. You will find questions related to population, marks of students in a class and other word problems. This will help you practice thoroughly for your CBSE class 8 exam and understand the applications of circle graphs in detail.
We have prepared the answers to the exercise questions of RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 25 in an easily understandable language. This will help you to gain clarity in all the topics of this chapter. As you will study with the help of our solutions, you can easily convert your efforts into excellent marks in your school exams.
Important Topics for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 25: Data Handling III (Pictorial Representation of Data as Pie Charts or Circle Graphs)
Introduction to Pie Charts
When the data of a situation is represented in the form of a circular graph, it is known as a pie chart. It is also termed as a circle graph. The ‘pie’ in the pie chart denotes the whole in a given numerical problem whereas the ‘slices’ in the pie given by sectors in the circle represent the data in a quantified way. The best usage of the pie chart is in situations when we have to evaluate the composition of a whole.
The Formula of a Pie Chart and Steps to Construct a Pie Chart
The angle subtended by the sectors representing the data in a pie chart add up to a total of 360°. The data is represented as a fraction of the total data in 360° according to the following formula:
Once you have evaluated the angles for each given data, you can now make the pie chart sector-wise.
Uses of Pie Chart
Pie charts are very useful in depicting the accounts data such as profit and loss, annual turnover, debts and assets in a business. They are also used in representing categorical data.
Disadvantages of a Pie Chart
It cannot be used to depict large quantities of data. It is difficult for analysing and comparing data in less time using pie charts.
Exercise Discussion for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 25: Data Handling III (Pictorial Representation of Data as Pie Charts or Circle Graphs)
- Exercise 25.1 consists of questions for construction of pie charts to represent the expenditure of a family or a firm, the utilisation of hours in the day of a student, categories of workers in a firm etc.
- In exercise 25.2, there are 7 questions based on the interpretation of given pie charts. You will have to evaluate the data from the pie charts to find the correct answers in these questions.
- Practising these questions will help you to cover the circle graphs extensively in line with the syllabus of all the exams of your level.
Benefits of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 25: Data Handling III (Pictorial Representation of Data as Pie Charts or Circle Graphs) by Instasolv
- RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 25 are prepared in a simple and step by step format by our subject matter experts.
- The sectors of pie charts are depicted in different colours to deliver a clear understanding of the circle graphs at Instasolv.
- You will find the solutions by the maths expert team at Instasolv compatible with your level of apprehension of the subject.
- The solutions for Chapter 25 of Class 8 RD Sharma book are made available to you for free and in an easily accessible format.
- Solving the RD Sharma exercises using the Instasolv platform as your source of reference will aid you in developing a strong foundation for higher classes.