RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 26 Solutions (Data Handling IV Probability)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 26 have been prepared to provide assistance in solving the exercise questions in this chapter. In this chapter, you will learn the advanced definitions of the basic concepts of data handling that you had come across in the previous class. You will be introduced to the formula of probability, the number of outcomes in an experiment, sample space, and the relevance of probability in practical life. This chapter is very scoring in olympiads or NTSE exams if you have grasped the gist of the topic with complete clarity.
There are 18 questions compiled together in 1 exercise. The questions are both formula-based and concept-based. You can extensively practice your maths syllabus with these RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 26 exercise questions. The exercise includes all important probability questions based on a deck of cards, drawing of a ball from bags or rolling of a die. The exercise is designed in such a way that it will help you adjust gradually with the increasing difficulty level of the questions.
At Instasolv, you will get reliable assistance from experienced maths faculties through the exercise-wise RD Sharma solutions for Class 8 Maths chapters. We are committed to making sure that you convert your efforts into marks effectively. Therefore, the experts at Instasolv work tirelessly to keep themselves updated with the latest exam pattern and solution guidelines provided by CBSE.
Important Topics for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 26: Data Handling-IV (Probability)
Introduction to Probability
Probability is used to evaluate the chance of the occurrence of a random event in an experiment. For example, if we roll a die then the likelihood of 3 coming on the top can be evaluated by the formula of probability. Since there are 6 possible outcomes that are possible, therefore the probability of 3 coming on top of the rolled die will be16. Therefore, with the knowledge of probability, we can mathematically calculate the likelihood that an event from a particular experiment will occur for certain or not.
The formula of probability is given as follows:
If the probability of an event is equal to 1, then the event is a sure or a certain event. If the probability of an event is 0, then the event is termed as an impossible event.
Some Basic Terms:
- Random Experiment: The experiment under consideration of which the certainty of the results remain unknown and are found by the formulae and techniques of probability is termed as a random experiment.
- Sample Space: In sample space, a set is created in which we list all the possible events that might occur in a random experiment.
- Random Variables: We denote the outcomes that can possibly occur in an experiment using variables termed as random variables. Random variables are of 2 types:
- Discrete Random Variables: these variables are used to denote distinct and countable values.
- Continuous Random Variables: these variables can take up infinite values.
- Expected Value: If we find the mean of the random variables, it is termed as the expected value.
Exercise Discussion for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 26: Data Handling-IV (Probability)
- There is 1 exercise that contains 18 probability-based questions in chapter 26.
- In exercise 26.1, you will get to solve questions related to the tossing of three coins at once, finding the probability of various events when drawing a card from a deck of cards, and the probability of various other experiments too such as drawing a ball from a bag containing balls of different colours etc.
- Solving the exercises will make you proficient in the questions that are asked in various maths quiz and competitions.
- Probability is a very essential topic for Class 8 as it is further discussed in higher classes as a part of statistics. You must solve all the problems of the chapter and seek help from our solutions to resolve your doubts if any.
Benefits of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 26: Data Handling-IV (Probability) by Instasolv
- Instasolv strictly abides by the topics prescribed in the RD Sharma Solutions book to avoid any confusion.
- You will find 100% accuracy in the answers to RD Sharma exercises questions for Class 8 Maths Chapter 26 provided at Instasolv.
- The format used by the expert team of Instasolv is very simple so you can study in an interactive manner.
- All the solutions are given step-wise with adequate reasoning provided in each step.
- All our RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Maths chapter are available exercise-wise and can be accessed for FREE!