RD Sharma Class 8 Chapter 27 Solutions (Introduction to Graphs)
RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for Chapter 27 are prepared to guide you conceptually in solving the exercise questions of the chapter. In this chapter of RD Sharma Solutions, you will learn about the cartesian plane or the x-y plane and will get to draw line graphs and bar graphs. The knowledge of the cartesian plane will enable you to plot coordinates of different points and hence, you will be able to apply these techniques for the construction of graphs.
There are 16 questions in 2 exercises in this chapter systematically arranged in the order of increasing difficulty level. You will get to practice a number of problems related to plotting points on the cartesian plane and drawing the curve of different types of graphs. You will get to solve completely data-based problems besides the word problems based on the applications of graphs. The questions range from velocity-time and temperature-time graphs that can be used in physics to analysis of profit and loss and can be applied in subjects of social sciences.
You will get complete guidance about solving the RD Sharma Solutions exercises of Chapter 7 of Class 8 Maths. Our experts have prepared the solutions on well-researched data from the latest CBSE exam trends and frequently asked queries by students. Therefore, you can rely on these answers by Instasolv without second thoughts to make the most of your self-study hours. This will also instil in you a sense of confidence in approaching the competitive exams of your level.
Important Topics for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 27: Introduction to Graphs
Graphs are the pictorial depiction of data in the cartesian plane, using the abscissa and ordinates of the given points. Graphs can be of various types. In this chapter, we will discuss the line graphs and bar graphs. Different graphs are used in different situations.
For example, when the data is represented on the x-y plane in the form of an unbroken line, it is called a linear graph; when continuously changing data is represented in the form of a curve, it is known as a line graph, similarly, bar graphs and circle graphs are made to make comparison and representation of a part of a whole respectively.
A Cartesian Plane is the plane in which two perpendicular axes, x-axis and y-axis intersect. The point of intersection of the two axes is called the origin and is depicted by O. The two axes, x-axis and y-axis are known as the coordinate axes. To plot a point on this plane, we locate the x-coordinate on x-axis and y-coordinate on the y-axis of the point P(x, y). After plotting all the points, we join these points to construct the desired graph. The x-coordinate is the distance of P from y-axis while the y-coordinate is the distance of P from the x-axis.
Exercise Discussion for RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 27: Introduction to Graphs
- RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Chapter 27 is an introductory chapter that will help you in higher classes. There are only 2 exercises in this chapter.
- There are 7 questions in exercise 27.1 which are based on plotting or locating given points. You will also get questions to determine the coordinates of points already plotted on the graph. If you get clarity in the concepts in this exercise, you will build the basic foundation needed for coordinate geometry.
- There are a total of 9 questions in 27.2. These questions include the construction of line graphs and bar graphs by plotting the given data in tabular form.
- Solving these exercises will give you an idea about the applications of graphs and the importance of graphs in the analysis of given data.
Benefits of RD Sharma Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 27 by Instasolv
- The RD Sharma Class 8 Maths Solutions for chapters at Instasolv are accurate and precise as they are double-checked by the team of maths experts.
- Instasolv provides you with an interactive set of answers as there is detailed reasoning of every step in all the questions.
- You will get on-point answers based on the CBSE guidelines. Therefore, you can refer to these answers for your homework or for revision before exams.
- Using Instasolv as the source of reference for clearing your doubts, will boost your efficiency exponentially and you will witness significant improvement in your report card if you remain consistent with us.